Current Page: 4 of 8
Re: Ticket Prices
Posted by: Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
Date: 01 September, 2015 10:50

Given that the Bristol Rugby Supporter Liaison Officer is the Bristol City Supporter Liaison Officer with a new badge he probably thinks these prices are fine and this won't be much of a priority.

Posted by: PaulwithaGuiness (IP Logged)
Date: 01 September, 2015 10:53

oh dear. I hope that isn't the case....

Yet the lack of response is a little worrying and that you maybe right.....

Posted by: ZedsDead (IP Logged)
Date: 01 September, 2015 12:07

£32 to watch second division rugby from the Dolman Stand - think I'll give that a miss this season then!

Posted by: Olly (IP Logged)
Date: 01 September, 2015 16:29

I'm far from being a financial expert and many will disagree with this feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Present day city are selling out Ashton gate Bristol rugby are not.
We have huge spare capacity even with an incomplete stadium. We didn't gain promotion, we are not in the premiership, we don't play the top teams, we have no local derbies so until the play offs we have very very little to encourage new fans to come along and watch rugby until the play offs.
With inflated prices you won't get Bill blogs bored at home with the kids saying "come on let's go watch the rugby? Though We will get him taking one look at the prices and saying "sod that"!
If we want new fans to fill the tens of thousands of empty seats we will have when the stadia is complete it has to be viable, cost effective and attractive to them. There has to be a reason for them to come in the first place. It's not rocket silence you don't find Tesco Asda or the like scaring away potential customers with high prices on their top selling products. In fact they sell milk and bread cheap knowing customers will buy many more things in store. It's where the majority of their profits come from. It's how it works. Maybe I'm totally wrong or ever so slightly mad I don't know but that's how I see it. We will never bridge the gap between the rugby and football attendances until Bristol sport recognises without new fans we have no growth.

Posted by: Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
Date: 01 September, 2015 16:37

Rockets are quite noisy.

Posted by: EC Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 01 September, 2015 19:08

Kids for a quid and adult tickets from £14 at Cardiff Blues v Zebre this weekend, Bristol Sport please note.

Posted by: Paulwithaguiness (IP Logged)
Date: 01 September, 2015 23:54

Still no response from the supporter liaison officer....starting to think I don't care.

Any ideas why Bristol Sport have increased junior tickets by over 4 times from last season....

Who else should I contact....

I feel that the only option is to chain myself to the fencing on the west stand building site to get an answer to the increase ?

Posted by: WilliamBlessing (IP Logged)
Date: 02 September, 2015 00:07

Maybe try?

SEND YOUR QUESTIONS FOR BRISTOL SPORT CEO

[www.bristolrugby.co.uk]

Posted by: Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
Date: 02 September, 2015 08:54

It isn't rocket science, Olly. It's simple economics and something that the club seemingly have failed to grasp.

Date: 02 September, 2015 15:17

So the news announcement on how to obtain cheaper tickets, is to spend more money on a membership :

"With the formation of Bristol Sport, we are able to offer a discount across all three sports, so if you take out a £20 Forever Bristol membership (seasonal) then you get a £5 discount each and every time you buy a matchday ticket for rugby or football and £3 off a matchday basketball ticket.
Easy maths, but if you are planning on coming to watch Bristol Rugby four times or more this year you will make your money back. It is that simple. Additionally it gives you priority for high demand games.
So for example, come the end of season play-offs, if you are a Forever Bristol member you will get priority to purchase ahead of the general sales period."

--Easy Maths? Not sure what calculator Bristol Sport are using...but junior tickets are still 4 times more expensive per game, I've bought a season ticket...I've got to buy more memberships for my kids?

So to get £5 off, they have to spend £20 membership.....

Posted by: Davewithaheadache (IP Logged)
Date: 02 September, 2015 15:47

Paul,

The ticket prices have been published. The club have made their decision, probably based on the fact that we had pretty fantastic gates last year and they feel they can exploit this. We may not agree with them, but they are what they are.

You cannot expect the club to respond personally to every single one of us who questions things. I'm really not sure what exactly you are expecting them to say?! If you dont like it, vote with your feet.

For what it's worth, I certainly think they are shooting themselves in the foot and they should be looking to pack the stadium week in week out, but it's not my decision...

Posted by: EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
Date: 02 September, 2015 15:49

Interestingly, as a Season Ticket holder you are entitled to "Forever Bristol membership ticket discount on Bristol Rugby and Bristol Flyer fixtures". Presumably therefore you can buy one (or maybe more??) ticket for each game with a £5 discount. If limited to one discounted ticket per game, it still leaves you the problem of what to do about the other kids though (unless you have mates with season tickets who would buy them for you).

Posted by: Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
Date: 02 September, 2015 16:13

Meanwhile, in the Premiership...

AP seeks to encourage new fans with free tickets

Date: 02 September, 2015 18:31

You would have thought that all the hype of a World Cup in your own country would stimulate an easy captive audience, especially youngsters.

Why on Earth are Bristol Sport not capitalising on this opportunity. Get the place full, then you can dictate higher ticket prices...

Posted by: Brizmo (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2015 09:20

Some people often say i have a very odd way of looking at things.....

i see the redevlopment of ashton gate and playing in the championship the same as watching a DVD on a 1080p full HD LED television..... it works yes.....but its not what the tv was made more

Posted by: Graham_U (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2015 11:45

I got an email below this morning regarding season tickets. From a quick scan there are a couple of differences from the letter that came with the Season ticket which seems to add to the admin incompetence from Bris Sport:

1. This email includes a 10% discount on concession that was not mention in the ST letter.
2. Forever Bris membership discounts for City and Flyer games in the email, where as letter say Rugby and Flyers. As we get free entry to most games it would sort of be logical to assume you will get no discount on extra rugby tickets for those games else you could save a mate the cost of membership. Also leaves the question of if these discounts will be available to all pay tickets like the play-offs?

Quote:
Bris EMail
Dear Season Ticket Holder
SEASON TICKET UPDATE

The new season is almost here, and all season tickets were posted out last week. By today you should have received your 2015/16 season ticket and fixture card, all enclosed in a special wallet.

If yours hasnít arrived in time for Sunday please donít worry. You will still be able to get in to watch the game Ė you just need to bring some ID with you. Come to either the ticket collection pod to the left of the South Stand, Winterstoke Road entrance (see map here) or the Ashton Road entrance ticket office, these will be open from 10am on matchday. Once youíve given them your name, address and proof of identity they will be able to issue you with a matchday ticket and also arrange for a replacement season ticket to be sent out if needed.

It might be worthwhile arriving early to give yourself time to check out the new facilities and the concourses/turnstiles will open from 12:30pm on Sunday.

Any supporters with mobility issues who will have difficulty accessing the stadium from designated parking or drop-off points should contact our Disability Liaison Officer Nick Lloyd: nick.lloyd@bristol-sport.co.uk.

Donít forget included in your season ticket membership are the following:

∑ Two guest tickets for £5 each to a home game

∑ 10% matchday concessions discount

∑ 10% store discount

∑ 10% Sports Bar & Grill food discount *

∑ 10% Coffee Shop discount*

∑ Christmas parties, lead booker goes free (groups over ten) *

∑ One free ticket to a Bristol City game**

∑ Membership ticket discount on Bristol City and Bristol Flyers fixtures

Please remember Ashton Gate is changing everyday as the rebuild continues. There have been lots of developments over the summer, not least the demolition of the Williams Stand and there will be lots more in the coming months. We do appreciate all the changes cause some difficulties in the short term but we do ask for your patience as we build for the future!

Forever Bristol Rugby, Forever Loyal.

Chris Booy, OBE

Chairman, Bristol Rugby Club

* Sports Bar & Grill discount applicable Mon-Thurs, non-matchdays only

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Date: 03 September, 2015 12:54

Quote:
Graham_U
I got an email below this morning regarding season tickets. From a quick scan there are a couple of differences from the letter that came with the Season ticket which seems to add to the admin incompetence from Bris Sport:
1. This email includes a 10% discount on concession that was not mention in the ST letter.
2. Forever Bris membership discounts for City and Flyer games in the email, where as letter say Rugby and Flyers. As we get free entry to most games it would sort of be logical to assume you will get no discount on extra rugby tickets for those games else you could save a mate the cost of membership. Also leaves the question of if these discounts will be available to all pay tickets like the play-offs?

Quote:
Bris EMail
Dear Season Ticket Holder
SEASON TICKET UPDATE

The new season is almost here, and all season tickets were posted out last week. By today you should have received your 2015/16 season ticket and fixture card, all enclosed in a special wallet.

If yours hasnít arrived in time for Sunday please donít worry. You will still be able to get in to watch the game Ė you just need to bring some ID with you. Come to either the ticket collection pod to the left of the South Stand, Winterstoke Road entrance (see map here) or the Ashton Road entrance ticket office, these will be open from 10am on matchday. Once youíve given them your name, address and proof of identity they will be able to issue you with a matchday ticket and also arrange for a replacement season ticket to be sent out if needed.

It might be worthwhile arriving early to give yourself time to check out the new facilities and the concourses/turnstiles will open from 12:30pm on Sunday.

Any supporters with mobility issues who will have difficulty accessing the stadium from designated parking or drop-off points should contact our Disability Liaison Officer Nick Lloyd: nick.lloyd@bristol-sport.co.uk.

Donít forget included in your season ticket membership are the following:

∑ Two guest tickets for £5 each to a home game

∑ 10% matchday concessions discount

∑ 10% store discount

∑ 10% Sports Bar & Grill food discount *

∑ 10% Coffee Shop discount*

∑ Christmas parties, lead booker goes free (groups over ten) *

∑ One free ticket to a Bristol City game**

∑ Membership ticket discount on Bristol City and Bristol Flyers fixtures

Please remember Ashton Gate is changing everyday as the rebuild continues. There have been lots of developments over the summer, not least the demolition of the Williams Stand and there will be lots more in the coming months. We do appreciate all the changes cause some difficulties in the short term but we do ask for your patience as we build for the future!

Forever Bristol Rugby, Forever Loyal.

Chris Booy, OBE

Chairman, Bristol Rugby Club

* Sports Bar & Grill discount applicable Mon-Thurs, non-matchdays only

Odd the letter above doesnt quite match the membership details iv just copied from the Bristol sport website below ?? Ah well.

Forever Bristol is a membership programme for supporters of all ages offering access to priority ticketing and exclusive offers.

Seasonal Forever Bristol membership costs £20 for people of all ages.

Join today and receive all of the following benefits in 2015/16:

£5 off every Bristol City and Bristol Rugby home league game
£3 off every Bristol Flyers home league game
Priority period one for home league games before general sale
Priority period two for away/cup games
5% discount in the Bristol Sport Store
5% discount in all food/drink outlets at Ashton Gate
Priority two for 2016/17 season tickets
Invites to exclusive members events

Membership can be purchased via the Bristol Sport online ticketing system (using Supporter ID and lower case postcode eg bs32ej) or by calling Supporter Services on 0117 963 0600 (option one).

Posted by: Bigbadger (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2015 15:39

I think Bris EMail's list is for season ticket holders & Olly1's list is for Forever Bristol

Date: 03 September, 2015 16:03

Quite possibly right must admit I wasn't aware there was a difference in the discounts offered :-)

Posted by: Bath Sarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2015 11:15

I am a Sarries ST holder living in Bath and was thinking of coming to today's match until I saw the ticket prices.
I thought I would be paying around £15 a ticket!! Clearly out of touch with Championship Rugby.
Having to pay £50+ for 2 tickets seems crazy if you are trying to attract new support and fill a new stadium.

Current Page: 4 of 8
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net