Perenara and Crotty
Posted by: andywilliams1992 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 April, 2017 15:26

Does anybody have news about Perenara and Crotty? I rarely read this forum and get my BRFC news from the Post and have missed all updates about these two Bristol signings.

Re: Perenara and Crotty
Posted by: Big Dave (IP Logged)
Date: 17 April, 2017 15:33

I was gobsmacked at the time.

I would be uber gobsmacked now.

Can't see it.

Posted by: shhandy (IP Logged)
Date: 17 April, 2017 15:46

I think that was during the silly season when Nonu, Carter and many others were riding to relieve Bristol. A mixture of wind ups by mischevious posters and froth.

Posted by: TimothyQ (IP Logged)
Date: 17 April, 2017 15:59

Kiwi media has suggested that Crotty could be heading somewhere but I doubt it will be to Bris and I've never read anything to support the Paranara rumour. Maybe these sorts of signings will be on the cards next Feb for the 18/19 season, but I'd be stunned to see any more big names join us in advance of a year in the Championship.

Posted by: RJC (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 15:31

Steve Cotton has said recently that they were serious offers being taken very seriously by the players.

But that was then, and this is now.
Also think either of them would only move abroad for two seasons, then back to NZ to get back into contention for the 2019 RWC.
So the next potential batch are player out of contract at the end of 2019 (who ever they maybe?)

Posted by: Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 15:56

Perfect timing to re-build after our next relegation then

Posted by: T J (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 20:06

Putting yourself in their shoes, would you sign for us?

Posted by: Bris nut (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 20:20

I might for 650 k !

Posted by: Rich. (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 20:26

I've turned down 500k already (don't want to work weekends)

Posted by: JamboBris (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 23:25

Would expect were still looking for a top 9 but would be pleasantly astonished of either of these signed!

Posted by: Ernie Ball (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 08:37

I doubt if any more 'top' signings will be announced until around Xmas, with them arriving June 2018. We already have the coach in place and a few major signings that should attract the additions we will need.

Posted by: Graham_U (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 13:21

Good point about going back for the next RWC that is now significant after our failure this year. We need to be bringing in players that are going to be here for more than 2 years, else we could be in a worst position in 2 years time when our options will be more limited as RWC draws all those with aspirations home to be consider for selection, and most likely we will be a struggling prem side. This could be the major problem caused by returning to the Champ even if only for a season.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net