Current Page: 1 of 3
Some positive news......
Posted by: Motherrucker1982 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 08:46

Scouring the interweb for some positive news about Bristol and came across this sound bite from Steven Luatua. Granted we all knew there was no official 'get out clause' in his contract but nevertheless, always good to hear it from the horses mouth!

[www.tvnz.co.nz]

Hope he and messers Lam/Reihana can instill some level of culture and move us forward as oppose to being a cash cow for rugby mercenaries....
A chink of hope following this weekends expected yet still crushing relegation.....
C'MON BRIS!!!!

Re: Some positive news......
Posted by: Rinkadink (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 09:12

Cool.

Looks like he'll get on well here. I like his attitude.

Posted by: KingoftheHill (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 09:15

I cannot wait to see him in the hoops!

Posted by: All at Sea (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 10:35

He looked sharp for the Blues against the 'Caines this weekend. Great burst down the outside channel and a tidy offload for one of their tries.

Posted by: TimothyQ (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 11:03

That's fantastic news, although I hope he's able to keep his edge playing bellow his level. I wouldn't be against him getting a month or two out on loan next year.

Posted by: Toby12 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 11:16

Timothy I really wouldn't like Steven going out on loan, or any other of our key squad players doing so, we want all our best players to gain us promotion as rapidly as possible and then develop into a competitive Prem. team. Let's get the best team/squad out on the pitch every time so we can go forward into the future and forget the 'lean years' after all there have been many!!

Posted by: TimothyQ (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 11:26

We may have to agree to differ on that one Toby. I think we've seen with TV during the first half of this season that it can be difficult for players to play below their level and immediately make an impact in the premiership. You could argue that we've ruined a number of players in the championship, (Evans, Ryan Jones etc.), but of course, they were at the end of their careers so it's hard to be sure!

Posted by: Peter_B (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 11:51

We don't want to loan anyone out. Especially a new player. They need to feel part of the club and we don't want to give a Prem club the chance to persuade them to stay.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Posted by: Rich. (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 11:54

Absolutely and seeing as he can't come to us til the end of August it would make sense to give him a very nice break having played lots of rugby and maybe start with us in December

Posted by: airdog (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 12:15

I certainly like the cut of his jib , next season there must be no room for sentiment we must be utterly ruthless and expect every game to be a 5 pointer .
With the quality of the squad we know we will have there should plenty of opportunities for all to feature and by all means let some of the youngsters go to Clifton , Dings etc to gain experience .

Posted by: neil o (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 12:21

He's already said in another interview that he's not interested in a loan,he said he's turning up match fit and wants to play every game possible.

Posted by: Meng (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 12:41

The two games I've seen him he's been very impressive. Looks to be a terrific signing.

Posted by: Rich. (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 15:05

Agree with airdog. We have to try to play at Prem intensity all season (mainly to help us when/if we come back up). Irish seem to be finding it harder to win now than in September and, if the case, I suspect that is down to them losing that intensity and now playing at Champ intensity.

Posted by: AGS (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 15:30

In our last year in the championship we played training games against Cardiff, B##h and Glaws. Although it's never as intensive as a proper game, I'd expect us to test ourselves with a few such sessions in the later half of the season, once top spot is more secure

Posted by: RJC (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 15:40

I doubt that will happen, especially as a lot of clubs are complaining about the lack of rest weekends and player burnout etc, they wouldn't set up a "friendly" with First team players on the line.

It'll be the old comparison of Tries for, Tries against, kicking success percentage etc.

Defensive systems need to be robust, whilst attack needs to be clinical and effective.
Above all fitness and concentration for 80 minutes need to be looked at.

We'll be in a league with no playoffs, that means that we are every Championship teams "Cup Final", the game they will play 110% for, and we need to match that.

If we can keep the TA and PA low, whilst keeping the TF and PF high then we are in a good place going forward.
That's not arrogance, that is the basics to winning a league.

Luatua shows a professional attitude, which is good to hear, there is no room for sentiment now.

Posted by: AGS (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 16:09

Wuss supporters seem to think we may have signed Chris Vui from them for next year. He's been there on a short term deal. Young Samoan international that plays second and back row.

Though some of them also think we may loan him back to Wuss!

Posted by: EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 13:01

Season Cards - "the Club’s best ever advanced sales"

Recruitment - "there are still several exciting new additions to reveal"

Offy

Posted by: Bristol_Fan (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 14:38

I'm surprised by the number of season tickets they've sold

Posted by: inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 15:02

Quote:
Bristol_Fan
I'm surprised by the number of season tickets they've sold

Simple. The offer is flowing attacking rugby, watching some fairly high-profile recruits tear it up in The Championship... and NO play-offs.

Posted by: Bris nut (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 15:10

Quite right breakdown
Let's keep it positive
Too much much doom and gloom on this site at the moment
I, for one, am looking forward to a fantastic season and future
(Mind you I said the same at the end of last season !)

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net