What now for Lee Halfpenny??
Posted by: Olly (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2017 11:26

I'm reading that all four Welsh regions have now gone cold on a Lee Halfpenny's return to Welsh Rugby.
Wonder what the reasons are? Though with the regions being strapped for cash it might explain it somewhat. It will be interesting to see where the fella will end up?

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

Re: What now for Lee Halfpenny??
Posted by: Cotman (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2017 11:48

I for one would'nt want him here.
Exeter or wasps i guess.

Posted by: Since 1888 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2017 11:59

Seconded Cotman, big bucks for a kicker nothing more. Wasps having Daly and Gopperth plus Cipriani would be mad to waste cap on him. What teams are missing a kicker? Wuss? Quins?

Posted by: Brisman (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2017 18:26

No chance of him ending up down the A4?

Posted by: Rich. (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2017 22:57

I think he's far more than a kicker but don't think we should be interested even in the unlikely event he was

Posted by: Platwell House (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2017 07:20

Probably end up at Sale is my hunch.

Posted by: Portisteve (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2017 10:54

why wouldnt we be interested - we are short of quality full backs - monrahan will prob end up as a winger

Posted by: KJS (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2017 13:05

Apparently when he played for the Barbarians in Twickenham before the Lions tour he visited with B*th, touring the ground and training facilities. Rumour is he had some initial contract negotiations with them at that point......... I reckon that's where he's going and the Welsh regions know they can't compete financially.

Posted by: Olly (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2017 13:37

I'm going to remain neutral as I know far too little about his recent displays to form an opinion. I suspect he's probably too old to fit into our new, younger squad though.

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

Posted by: JamboBris (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2017 14:48

Would rather we give protheroe the game time to see if he can hack it. Wallace and Williams are plenty good enough for the championship too.

Posted by: Bris nut (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2017 15:59

Please let's not go there
Don't want to be called "Bristol Welsh" by my wonderful work colleagues from beyond the bridge again !

Posted by: inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
Date: 18 July, 2017 13:12

Quote:
Portisteve
why wouldnt we be interested - we are short of quality full backs - monrahan will prob end up as a winger

We aren't short of quality full-backs. I thought Williams did well in the Prem when given a chance, never mind the Championship. We also have Wallace, and the Glos fans I've spoken to highly regard Protheroe.

Posted by: APPLES (IP Logged)
Date: 18 July, 2017 16:13

You're all bonkers!

If he is still available and he's interested we'd be mad not to make a move

He is a world class goal-kicker and can play anywhere across the back 3!!! was a lions player of the series!

Agree with recent dip in form which I think is injury related. Still young! Am sure the sea air down at the pirates/jersey away trips would be restorative!

Go for it Pat!

Posted by: inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
Date: 18 July, 2017 18:05

@APPLES I think a couple of years ago, Bris would have been at the head of the queue especially if money is his motivation. However, if you look at other recent recruits and Pat Lam's history, topping up the pensions of once-great players does not seem his style.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net