Current Page: 1 of 3
SBW
Posted by: Jimeno (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 08:04

Audacious bid for Sonny Bill Williams

Quote:
The Mail on Sunday understands two other English clubs, reportedly Bristol and Saracens, have also asked early questions about the back’s availability in 2019.

Re: SBW
Posted by: inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 09:35

SBW and Perenara in the New Year. Both nailed on.

Posted by: SparkyBris (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 09:50

Are they both following us on the twittergram? If not, then it can only be conjecture and hearsay. (Sm100)

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

Posted by: Rich. (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 12:03

Quote:
SparkyBris
Are they both following us on the twittergram? If not, then it can only be conjecture and hearsay. (Sm100)

They are not but they HAVE both recently bought a subscription for the Bristol Post, so it's as near as nailed on they're coming

Posted by: Bris nut (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 12:13

SBW
Don't think that can be right.
I am the other person to have a subscription with the post and have heard nothing. Not a whisper. I have already picked my new Audi and now I'm left in limbo !

Posted by: SparkyBris (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 12:25

Ah, hold on. Maybe they both paid using the Bristol Pound. That'll seal it.

Posted by: Jimeno (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 12:31

While you´re checking out twitter - see if these two are following...

On Bristol´s radar?

Posted by: expectingrain (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 13:15

It's world class front 5 forwards which we will need the most if we are to prosper in the Prem

Posted by: Peter D (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 13:17

Quote:
Jimeno
While you´re checking out twitter - see if these two are following...
On Bristol´s radar?

Gosh those look seriously speculative.

Posted by: Olly (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 14:50

Compared to the rest of the squad They are both pensioners 31 & 34 As is SBW, DC and a good few others we are being linked with. Would they fit into JLs plans to lower the average age of the squad??

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Posted by: dpw (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 15:08

Where are Bristol mentioned....?

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: chuckynut (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 19:07

can't see SBW - wrong age profile and if we are going to spend big again would have thought they would be other areas which need more attention, namely front row and possibly scrum half

Posted by: Cotman (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 20:12

Quote:
chuckynut
can't see SBW - wrong age profile and if we are going to spend big again would have thought they would be other areas which need more attention, namely front row and possibly scrum half

SBW would put bums on seats and be a good signing regardless of age.

Posted by: Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 20:24

From all that I've read I consider he'd be exactly what we could do without .

Posted by: robtheh (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 20:46

Personally think he would be an almighty asset to any team.
If this is true, that would a huge coup.
As stated, he would put bums on seats, but most importantly he is an absolutely top-drawer player.
Second to none at what he does.

Posted by: chuckynut (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 20:47

Quote:
Cotman
Quote:
chuckynut

Obviously a great player and yes would get bums on seats but there is a salary cap and there is recruitment needed elsewhere to make us competitive at the highest level - quality front row are not plentiful or cheap.

Presumably at some point we will at least attempt to recruit some EQPs?

Posted by: Rich. (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 22:25

Quote:
chuckynut
Quote:
Cotman
Quote:
chuckynut

Obviously a great player and yes would get bums on seats but there is a salary cap and there is recruitment needed elsewhere to make us competitive at the highest level - quality front row are not plentiful or cheap.

Presumably at some point we will at least attempt to recruit some EQPs?

Well we're not recruiting him, at least as yet. I'm sure we have lots of feelers out and most so come to nothing, but to get a team good enough to stay in Prem first year up we'll need a good number of non EQPs. Most of the players of the 'likely to stay up teams' are international standard and you don't tend to get England Elite Squad players moving clubs, and if they do it is to clubs more likely to be near the top.

We are growing a few EQP 1st team squad players for the first year back up and will then start the process of growing more and encouraging others to join us once they have confidence in where we are going and confidence we have a good chance of getting there.

Posted by: AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2017 09:09

SL's wealth is well known, so i guarantee you we will be linked in the press with every single player of note who has a semi-competent agent.

I would say 5% of the time it will be based on genuine mutual interest, and the rest of the time, the agent will just chuck Bristol's name in to drive up offers from the players current club, or preferred destination.

Posted by: Albertfromla (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2017 19:11

So. SBW.And Peranarra sign how are we going to play all these non EQP players? In the same team

Posted by: Cotman (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2017 19:49

Quote:
Albertfromla
So. SBW.And Peranarra sign how are we going to play all these non EQP players? In the same team

Don't kill the dream.

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net