Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: SBW
Posted by: Rich. (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2017 20:49

As a general thing - are we allowed 2 or 3 marquee players now? I know it was 2 but .....

Posted by: Singapore Sam (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 05:30

Quote:
Rich.
As a general thing - are we allowed 2 or 3 marquee players now? I know it was 2 but .....

For the Premiership it's 2 and no sign of any changes in the offing.

Date: 27 September, 2017 07:28

Thanks Sam. Of course Luatua could be considered a non-marquee player if someone like SBW arrived. That would leave less money for the rest of the squad but the allowable max budget is now much higher than it was. Anyhoo it'll out come out in the wash.

What It's worth I can't see him leaving the All Blacks till after the World Cup. Due to Smith and Nonu retiring from international rugby he has at last become a first choice in the All Blacks team (which he'd never been before really) so to leave at this stage...... That said he had a history of making career decisions that go against the norm.

Posted by: Don Rooke (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 09:06

We seem to be linked with all these backs,but it is front 5 forwards that we need..
Our pack struggled last year in The Premiership,and now it isn't as strong as it was then...

Posted by: Jim H (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 11:02

Quote:
Albertfromla
So. SBW.And Peranarra sign how are we going to play all these non EQP players? In the same team

By not worrying about the EQP payment?

Posted by: Bris nut (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 11:31

Jim
What is the EQP payment ?

Posted by: Furriner (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 11:45

EQP: a modest financial incentive to field English lads in a match day squad. Not that I've checked it out recently so it may have changed

Posted by: Albertfromla (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 13:07

Jim what I really meant was, I thought a team can only play 2 "foreign" players Ie Aussies or Kiwis and we would then have 4 Luatua. Morahan SBW. and Peranarra. Because south sea Islanders Boks and European players don't count as "foreign"

Posted by: Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 13:39

But what about in the sunny uplands of a post-Brexit world?

Date: 27 September, 2017 15:24

Do any of those 4 have a UK grandparent or also a passport (or whatever required) from one of the islands so that they don't count as a 'foreigner' for this? South Pacific islands that is .......

Interesting point Gray about what happens after Brexit if it happens. I presume all the Kolpek related stuff is now enshrined in our British Law so status quo would apply until such time as new law is introduced.

Posted by: Since 1888 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 16:14

I reckon Piatau and Luatua are on Pacific island passports through dual nationality. That's the only way I can think of getting around the 2 max rule on Kiwis and Aussies.

Posted by: JamboBris (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 17:38

Quote:
Since 1888
I reckon Piatau and Luatua are on Pacific island passports through dual nationality. That's the only way I can think of getting around the 2 max rule on Kiwis and Aussies.

Piutau is of Tongan decent same as his brother. Would Gaston be eligible for UK citizenship by now? No idea how that works

Posted by: Big Dave (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 17:52

Quote:
Gray_Lensman

You get 350 million to spend on as many marquee players as you want.

And every pint of Butcombe served comes with a free unicorn.

Date: 27 September, 2017 20:35

Quote:
JamboBris
Quote:
Since 1888

Piutau is of Tongan decent same as his brother. Would Gaston be eligible for UK citizenship by now? No idea how that works

As Gaston has played internationally for Argentina I presume he could never be classed as an EQP as he's not eligible to play for England as a result.

Posted by: dpw (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 22:33

.....interesting???
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

dpw

Posted by: gran (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2017 02:17

Quote:
Big Dave
Quote:
Gray_Lensman

You get 350 million to spend on as many marquee players as you want.

And every pint of Butcombe served comes with a free unicorn.
But with the north Somerset m.p.'s Squire Jacob as prime Minister and Liam Fox as Chancellor of the Exchequer the fortunes for our part of the world will surely surge............?

Posted by: Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2017 07:57

More Butcombe, more unicorns. What could be better?

Posted by: Jim H (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2017 08:21

Hope we sign SBW just to annoy Dimond now!

Posted by: JamboBris (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2017 08:50

Quote:
Rich.
Quote:
JamboBris
Quote:
Since 1888

As Gaston has played internationally for Argentina I presume he could never be classed as an EQP as he's not eligible to play for England as a result.

Was meaning in terms of our 2 "foreign" players allowed in the squad for each game? Wouldn't be EQP but I think that rule applies to citizenship so for example Piutau doesn't apply towards the 2 player limit due to his passport.

Posted by: dpw (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2017 15:07

........on the other hand...!!!

[www.bbc.co.uk]

dpw

Current Page: 2 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net