Dan Tuohy
Posted by: Jay Jay (IP Logged)
Date: 29 September, 2017 16:54

Joins Tigers on loan until 31 December.

Re: Dan Tuohy
Posted by: cuddles (IP Logged)
Date: 29 September, 2017 17:00

Oddly enough Leicester were watching the Ealing game last week Rupert Cox mentioned on sky....

Posted by: robtheh (IP Logged)
Date: 29 September, 2017 17:03

Well, at least hell come back freshish.
If hes not injured!

Posted by: Olly (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 13:49

I thought the idea was that the premiership clubs loaned out players to their poor relations in the Championship???
But honesty this took me by surprise at first but thinking about it so long as we dont end up with another Ellis Genge situation it has to be good to have Dan playing at a higher level ready for next years assault on the Premiership.

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

Posted by: gran (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 15:30

I read recently that Leicester short of 2nd row cover. So it might be good from that angle.

Posted by: Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 19:00

I see Kyle Traynor got on for Leics today - for one scrum at the end.

Ellis Genge was due to start but pulled out just before the start because a small hairy caterpillar had attached itself to his top lip and he had to be taken to hospital to have it removed.

Posted by: Since 1888 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 19:10

Saw that HS, he looked a bit like when Ian Beale tried growing one. It looked a bit comical. (Sm153)

Posted by: Cotman (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 17:49

He's in the starting line up for tomorrows game for Leicester.

Posted by: EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 17:56

I really struggle to understand this loan. He always impressed me and I was looking forward to his triumphant return from injury - but not with another team!

Posted by: Albertfromla (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 09:59

Totally agree E O hope this doesn't end up being a permanent signing. Just when we are lacking a dit of grunt in the front 5 we let a seasoned international go on loan. I just don't get this at all

Posted by: gran (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 11:24

there are two ways of looking at this.

On the one hand Tuohy and Robinson are getting game time at a high level, and this should be of benefit if and when we get promoted. Pat may be responding to requests from Cardiff and Leicester who would be looking for capable replacements who can hold their own in respective competitions, and this would not be the case if the players loaned out were our second or third choices.

On the other hand the players might well be lost if they perform well and the clubs try to persuade them away.

I tend towards the former standpoint, since it makes no sense for Pat to allow the loaning out of players who are still key and performed reasonably in hte Premiership last year. Hopefully Dan and Olly have been told that their future at Bristol is assured, and the opportunity to perform at Cardiff and Leicester will give them added experience of playing for excellent clubs for a short while.

I dont know one way or the other, but like others would be upset if these two were allowed to slip away.

Date: 07 October, 2017 11:52

Would be surprised if the Quins come calling looking at their sick list.

Posted by: Pasty Exile (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 19:08

Dan started and played for 62 minutes, in what Tigers referred to as a "strong debut" on Twitter.

Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2017 16:47

Dan registered for the European Cup, he could well start in France if our injuries stay the same as they are just now.

Posted by: Furriner (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2017 08:35

Great. A couple of outings in the Champions Cup will set him up nicely for our assault on the B&I Cup.

Posted by: Albertfromla (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2017 10:08

Could there be a link with Tuohy's loan to Tigers and our rumoured interest in Mostert? ie offloading a highly paid player to bring in a Marquee signing, or am I reading to much into this?

Posted by: Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2017 10:41

Yes. Probably.

Posted by: Big Dave (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2017 12:18

Still getting my head round this one. DT has had his share of injuries but has international experience we could do with. OR has been a solid, consistent performer and clearly could hack it in the premiership.

If they are not in PL's plans for the future, then fair enough but is this because he is happy with what he has now (and while I am massively impressed by Thomas it's not the same as being convinced - yet - that we are going up with back row options that will keep us up and provide a springboard to the next level) or he is looking to bring others in.

Time will tell, but again a reminder of how short a professional's career is and how it can all change very quickly. Much easier to be a fan.

Posted by: Big Dave (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2017 12:20

And then I read this [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Date: 18 October, 2017 15:11

Having read the Rugby paper I think Dan is enjoying his time up north. Have a feeling hed like to stay there permanently.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net