Bristol Ladies
Posted by: Arjay (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 18:43

How did the ladies do? I left before the end and heard a lot of noise as I was leaving the car park, could have been another score.

Re: Bristol Ladies
Posted by: Gerkin (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 18:56

28-20 to bristol. Good game!

Posted by: val1 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 20:10

Enjoyed watching the ladies and nice to see so many stayed to watch the second match.

I got the impression that the ladies were quite happy with the support as well. Would be nice if there were a few more double headers arranged.

Posted by: Rinkadink (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 20:35

We need more double headers!

Was quite impressed with Bristol Ladies, some real stand out performances too. Shame they let in the try at the end but good overall. Well done girls! Seriously, more men and women double headers would be really good and I'd certainly attend them all. It's a bit difficult living outside of Bristol to make all these fixtures so combining the two really works.

Posted by: Bod (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 20:39

Great feedback. The lasses absolutely burst with pride playing at AG, thanks for the kind comments. What's not to like about beating Gloucs?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Posted by: val1 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 20:59

Agree with you there Rinkadink.

We live outside Bristol and it's not always easy to get into town for various matches so it was nice to be able to stay and watch the double header.

Posted by: Olly (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 00:53

Really enjoyed watching the Bristol Ladies today. More double headers please.

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

Posted by: Jimeno (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 05:49

Would have loved to have stayed to watch the ladies but had to get away.

It would suit us better if the ladies went first. We are often in our seats well before the match and have to get away straight after.

Seems to make more sense to me - warm-up match leading into the big event (no offence intended to the Ladies - but that's the way it is).

Posted by: Graham_U (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 09:41

Unlike previous double headers there seemed to be more interest (WRWC factor?) and cramming everyone into the one stand seemed to improved the atmosphere. Must be close to the most people in the lower Lansdown for a rugby match, far busy than any I can remember this season or last. Which after a slow start really seem to create a good vibe and enjoyable game.

Don't know if it was true, but our girls seemed to be a little bit intimidated at the start, but really grew into it especially in the second half. I know Bristol have lost a lot of good players this season, and one Sarah Bern (Hpury N.3) was about the best player on the pitch and seemed to put in a full match shift for a mobile TH. Thought the Bris No.7(Molloy) put in a great shift as well.

I would have liked to see a little more about the match in the programme like team sheet or squad lists, or something more to lets us know who is who given how this was being pushed as a double header. I actually think having the match afterwards worked well. I may be wrong but it looked liked they had let the grass grow a little in prep for two matches, something that can not be done if City are playing, and I guess its wear and tear and the city games that limit the future double headers.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Posted by: Bristol-Supporter (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 09:55

Bristol have to capitalise on the success of Saturday's double header and make it a regular event. I enjoyed the women's game just as much as the men's game.

Excuses will be made about wear and tear on the pitch but surely in this day and age they can get around it.

MORE DOUBLE HEADERS PLEASE!!!!

Date: 08 October, 2017 14:14

One thing that needs to be addressed; why are there no post-match videos of the ladies and their coaches on Bris TV/YouTube?

There was a pre-match one so why not? Come on BS.

Date: 08 October, 2017 14:18

Quote:
Jimeno
Would have loved to have stayed to watch the ladies but had to get away.
It would suit us better if the ladies went first. We are often in our seats well before the match and have to get away straight after.

Seems to make more sense to me - warm-up match leading into the big event (no offence intended to the Ladies - but that's the way it is).

Exact opposite for me, much easier and convenient the way we had it on Saturday (Sunday would have been better though)... the only way I'd appreciate it the other way around with ladies going first would be a Friday night game.

Posted by: Thorney (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 16:09

Quote:
Bristol-Supporter
Bristol have to capitalise on the success of Saturday's double header and make it a regular event. I enjoyed the women's game just as much as the men's game.
Excuses will be made about wear and tear on the pitch but surely in this day and age they can get around it.

MORE DOUBLE HEADERS PLEASE!!!!

Plus one. The ladies just float over the pitch anyway.

Posted by: Peter_B (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 16:18

I think the ladies matches will always be played afterwards to avoid any damage to the pitch. Anyway thoroughly enjoyable afternoon and suspect there were more in that stand than at many Championship matches this weekend.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net