Genge
Posted by: JRZ92 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 17:32

Why oh why did we let him go?! Another Robinson screw up. Just watching Tigers/Castres and he's playing a blinder. A Dings/Bristol boy let go. Madness! I hope we see Lam approaches our local boys with a more mature attitude

Re: Genge
Posted by: Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 17:56

Tell us how you know it was a Robinson screw up and exactly what the screw up was.

Posted by: Portisteve (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 18:21

Itís clear he is a cut above and he is playing at a level that suits him, unfortunately we are not near there yet and weíre even further away when he left

Posted by: JRZ92 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 19:01

GL - need to know basis. Trust me Robinson didn't like his attitude - so what? Winners have attitude - Ellis will get more England game time . What a monumental waste. Mitch and others the same- fed up with poor coaching and tactics.

Posted by: Rinkadink (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 19:04

Quote:
JRZ92
Why oh why did we let him go?! Another Robinson screw up.

As far as I'm aware that isn't the case at all.

Care to elaborate?

Posted by: JamboBris (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 19:07

Heard very different things to that but stand to be corrected.

Posted by: Motherrucker1982 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 19:10

Quote:
Rinkadink
Quote:
JRZ92
Why oh why did we let him go?! Another Robinson screw up.

As far as I'm aware that isn't the case at all.

Care to elaborate?

I was also under the impression that Genge had to move away and for reasons that didn't involve Robbo and that Leicester tabled an offer long before the story broke but people were working hard to keep him at Bris but alas it couldn't happen.
But again, if there is something else, I'm sure we'd all love to hear it.

Posted by: dpw (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 20:48

See the post 10 or 11 down the page by "at work" with quote from the Leicester Mercury

[www.rugbynetwork.net]

edited to include link

dpw

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/10/2017 09:41 by dpw.

Posted by: gaudi (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2017 07:49

What are the top ten thread topics that keep returning? Itís a real bore.

Can we focus on the future and not the past?

Posted by: BigO (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2017 09:44

Give him a few years and he'll be back. I'd put money on it. You can take the man out of Bristol, but you can't take Bristol out of the man (for long, anyway...).

Posted by: Big Dave (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2017 12:13

Ellis Genge left Bristol who couldn't guarantee premiership rugby for Leicester who could. He is now an established premiership performer and in the England set up. Bristol will play Doncaster today in a competition almost no one has heard of.

What AR did or didn't do or say in relation to Genge or what personal challenges Genge may or may not have had (neither of which posters on here claiming to know what happened care to elaborate on when asked) seem the reddest of herrings.

Posted by: lukej1234 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2017 15:55

Genge left because he had an attitude problem that resulted in him assaulting a fellow squad member.

I'll leave you guys to work which one based on the speed with which it was dealt with.

Posted by: APPLES (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2017 18:34

Squad member as in player? or coaching staff?

Posted by: Field marshall (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2017 19:16

Olly?

Posted by: Olly (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2017 20:17

No wasnít me :-)

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

Posted by: Field marshall (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2017 21:29

One thing I will say is that Leicester deserve some credit here. They have taken a raw young man, given him a bit of discipline and are reaping their rewards. Having read interviews with him recently, he is clearly aware of his actions and how they affect the team/goal. Even if he doesn't come back, he's great to watch and will be a benefit to England. We had a fairly big hand in that and the club (and Bristolians) should be proud of him.
I still like to see him in the hoops though.

Posted by: Platwell House (IP Logged)
Date: 23 October, 2017 06:40

I can see him coming back at some point in the future. I know there were off the field disciplinary issues but going away has sorted that out and Leicester are reaping the rewards from the foundations built at Bristol. Now to find the next Ellis Genge.

Posted by: Graham_U (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2017 09:50

I think the Tiggers deserve a lot of credit for the coaching him on the technical side for quickly turning him into a mobile strong Prop, who can compete in the tight with some of the best in the Prem, rather than the converted no.8 who happened to be the strongest player in the squad.

Despite our forwards coach reputation he was always a massively strong mobile lump who struggled in the Scrum against any experience prob who he could not physically dominate and could technical tie him in knots. That limited his game time here which limited his development. Whilst he may not be the best the scrumager yet, the Tiggers sorted that in a remarkably short time. I really wonder what out coaches did with him.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Posted by: SimonB (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2017 15:29

Whilst all the comment on the game on Sunday was around our back play again our forwards were struggling. Putting to one side the experience advantage Donny had there is an awful lot we have to do with the forwards and the analysis of the work done in double quick time by Tigers on Genge sums it up.

Unless we see the "firsts" step up in this area soon then we have to question what the problem is.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net