Team vs Leinster A
Posted by: youngone (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2017 12:39

[www.bristolrugby.co.uk]

15. Jack Wallace; 14. Ryan Edwards, 13. Jack Tovey (c), 12. Will Hurrell, 11. Aaron Chapman; 10. Billy Searle, 9. Ryan Glynn; 1. Jack O’Connell, 2. Ben Gompels, 3. Ollie Dawe, 4. Giorgi Nemsadze, 5. Joe Batley, 6. Max Cresswell (Bristol University), 7. Jack Capon, 8. Sam Graham (Chippenham RFC).

Replacements: 16. Jordon Liney, 17. Jack Cosgrove, 18. Alex Giltrow, 19. George Kloska (Bristol Academy U18s), 20. Reiss Cullen, 21. James Newey, 22. Iwan Hughes.

UNAVAILABLE: Max Crumpton (knee), Ross McMillan (hamstring), Tyler Gendall (knee), John Hawkins (knee), Joe Latta (ankle), Dan Tuohy (shoulder), Ehize Ehizode (shoulder), Steven Luatua (ribs), Nick Haining (shoulder), James Dun (knee), Thretton Palamo (foot), Sam Bedlow (ankle).

Re: Team vs Leinster A
Posted by: youngone (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2017 12:40

Leinster team:

15. Ciarán Frawley
14. Hugo Keenan
13. Gavin Mullin
12. Conor O’Brien
11. Tommy O’Brien
10. Cathal Marsh
9. Nick McCarthy
1. Ed Byrne
2. Bryan Byrne CAPTAIN
3. Michael Bent
4. Ross Molony
5. Ian Nagle
6. Josh Murphy
7. Will Connors
8. Peadar Timmins

Replacements

16. Ronan Kelleher
17. Peter Dooley
18. Jack Aungier
19. Óisín Dowling
20. Caelan Doris
21. Charlie Rock
22. Jack Kelly

Posted by: expectingrain (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2017 13:22

Now that really is a 3rd string side

Posted by: SparkyBris (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2017 13:27

I get the impression they're using the rest of the B&I to give fringe and academy players a run out in competition rugby, and the soul focus is now the league.

Can't say I'm too bothered with that!

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

Posted by: BigO (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2017 13:32

Could be a character building trip for the lads. Great to see a Winscombe old boy in the starting line-up.

Posted by: AGS (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2017 14:11

Betrays the fact that PL was being economical with the truth when he said we're out to win this cup.

Posted by: robtheh (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2017 14:15

I think that Lam is giving the fringe players a chance to show what they can do when their collective backs are to the wall. I think he probably did want to win this cup, but with experience of this league behind him, his priorities may have shifted.

Posted by: RJC (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2017 14:20

Also we have another Friday night game next week, so with an interest on the league and keeping the first team players fresh by not have the travel time to Ireland under their belt.

Posted by: graham t (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2017 14:36

I notice that the Offy site refers to this team as Bristol United. They seem to change their mind on this from game to game though it is on the first XV fixture list

Posted by: Prop Joe (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2017 14:51

Quote:
graham t
I notice that the Offy site refers to this team as Bristol United. They seem to change their mind on this from game to game though it is on the first XV fixture list
The two away matches have been referred to as Bristol United but when we are home they are firstXV. Don't suppose the club could justify charging full ticket prices for 'United' games!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/12/2017 14:52 by Prop Joe.

Posted by: expectingrain (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2017 15:55

BigO who's the Winscombe Old Boy?

Posted by: Olly (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2017 16:15

Personally I haven’t a clue who most of these lads are that are coming in from clubs throughout our patch But what a fantastic opportunity they are being given by Bristol. The way the ties are being strengthened between Bristol and our grass roots is long overdue, much needed and can only benefit all concerned. It also proves to all players from every club if they put in the time and effort,Perform well for their local clubs then maybe just maybe Bristol will come knocking at your door.
This whole new setup gets a big thumbs up from me,I might even have to dust of my 50 year old boots!!

Just bring on the Rugby.

Posted by: airdog (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2017 16:54

I feel sorry for our travelling supporters who have paid out a lot of money to go and see what they would have assumed would be a competitive game .
I cant see that will be the case with that team so I hope the social opportunities goes some way to make amends .

Posted by: Seedub (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2017 17:12

As one who is flying over tomorrow, I'm sure there will be a craic whichever team we put out. Looking forward to the trip. We're also taking in Leinster V Chiefs on Saturday.

Posted by: BigO (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2017 18:23

Quote:
expectingrain
BigO who's the Winscombe Old Boy?

It's Jack Capon ER. His brother Will is too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net