Away Match Against Ealing 10th Feb
Posted by: Ernie Ball (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2017 16:41

Match has been selected for broadcast by Sky and will now KO at 19:00.

Re: Away Match Against Ealing 10th Feb
Posted by: EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2017 17:20

What a rubbish kick-off time. Was hoping we would have massive support there but this late kick-off will probably deter a lot of supporters.

Posted by: JamboBris (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2017 17:22

What a shocking time to kick off. Was going to head down to that but don't fancy it now to be honest.

Posted by: Jimeno (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2017 20:45

Three 6 nations matches that day culminating with England v Wales @ 16.45 @ Twickenham.

Day in front of the telly for me.

I would have tried to have gone but probably not on a 6 nations day.

I guess it's just bad luck that that match happens to be on that day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/12/2017 20:47 by Jimeno.

Posted by: Olly (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2017 21:05

Unfortunately Sky are permitted to mess Everyone about and thatís down to the RFU etc who negotiate these deals and allow it. Not that any of them give a toss about a few hundred mere supporters anyways.

Just bring on the Rugby.

Posted by: BigO (IP Logged)
Date: 15 December, 2017 07:42

What a pain in the bum. That's scuppered my plans then! Blinking Sky...

Posted by: AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
Date: 15 December, 2017 07:48

Yeah that's annoying, although from a broadcasting perspective, that time (an extra 'fix' for a rugby public who have been getting the good stuff all day) makes sense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/12/2017 08:55 by AlexInSouthville.

Posted by: Furriner (IP Logged)
Date: 15 December, 2017 08:48

Iím ok with this one and understand, for once, why Sky has chosen a strange time. If my brother comes up with tickets to the England game Iíll head over to Ealing afterwards ; if not itíll be Welcome to Sky from a nice warm sofa

Posted by: airdog (IP Logged)
Date: 15 December, 2017 11:23

well I will be there supporting my team , I am a proud born and bred Bristolian however when it comes to nationality I have always considered myself British therefore have no interest in England unless there is a Bristol player in the team and its been a few years since that was the case .
That said I understand why some will find it impractical to attend and that will reduce our away support , not that I am sure it will affect the result which I confidently predict will be a Bristol win .

Posted by: Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
Date: 15 December, 2017 15:21

furriner, the Eng game is a 4.45 kick off, so if you can get out of twickenham and over to ealing in time to see even the last 5 minutes, please let me know so that I can borrow whatever miracle machine you're using?

Posted by: Furriner (IP Logged)
Date: 15 December, 2017 18:01

Ha! My planning hadnít got down to practicalities Standardp.

Posted by: Graham_U (IP Logged)
Date: 19 December, 2017 10:40

Can not see them getting many independent viewers for that one with that scheduling, after the internationals, who else would want to watch it. For a viewers I would have thought shifting it to Friday would have been better.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Posted by: Jimeno (IP Logged)
Date: 19 December, 2017 11:16

They don't seem to have home Friday night matches - in fact all but one have been on a Saturday.

Guess it's just bad luck that our match is scheduled for on the same day as a full 6 Nations programme.

It's going to be a good day though; first 2 matches at home, out to the pub for England v Wales and then back home for Ealing with a nice supper.

Could be a lot worse.

Posted by: Big Dave (IP Logged)
Date: 19 December, 2017 12:13

They have the lights to do Friday night matches. I saw a RL Challenge Cup game there between the London Broncos and the Toronto Wolfpack earlier this year.

Posted by: Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
Date: 19 December, 2017 12:54

I'd imagine traffic in that area on a Friday evening would be prohibitive

Posted by: Big Dave (IP Logged)
Date: 19 December, 2017 15:15

To be fair there were as many people supporting Toronto as London, so you are probably right.

Posted by: Graham_U (IP Logged)
Date: 19 December, 2017 18:12

Given their current home gate I'm not sure traffic would be much of a consideration.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net