Current Page: 1 of 2
Nemsadze
Posted by: graham t (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 16:21

England are going to train scrums and line-outs against Georgia who have, according to Eddie Jones "the world's strongest ugliest pack"
[www.bbc.co.uk]
Georgia are captained by Nemsadze, who despite captaining this formidable unit, cannot get a game in a Bristol side whose scrum is probably the weakest part of our game (against Ealing it looked like our backs v their forwards).
Anyone else puzzled?

Re: Nemsadze
Posted by: Platwell House (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 16:27

I am. Touhy and Nemsadze would have been my starting locks if both fit.

Posted by: Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 16:31

Funnily enough I was thinking the exact same thing when I read this article over lunch, graham. I just don't understand why he's not been featuring for us when it strikes me that we could do with some grunt in the engine room

Posted by: bennystoon (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 17:00

Thinking the same also, I just don't get how he can not only get into his international but to captain them too!!!

Posted by: Olly (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 17:06

Ditto
Canít get my head around this one I was expecting him to play a big part this season.

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

Posted by: Rinkadink (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 17:18

I don't understand not having him in the squad at all, baffling.

Posted by: Jimeno (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 17:21

At least we can say we have a forward training with the England squad.

Posted by: Olly (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 17:29

Canít understand if weíre not using him why he hasnít been loaned out to get some game time either.

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

Posted by: SimonB (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 17:35

The guy is obviously match fit. He started 1 B&I game and on the bench for another. It will be ridiculous if he is not in the side within the next game or two, at least from the bench, especially if he is with us next year.

Posted by: The Old Rascal (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 17:36

Ditto everything above. Some of the decisions re the playing staff have been baffling this season to say the least.

Posted by: gran (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 19:53

We are all baffled. But the most baffling aspect is the lack of comment from Bristol Rugby. It's no good extolling the support at ealing, but communications these days run deeper than to respond with mere platitudes.
So is anyone from the club reading this thread with it's unanimous question? Or are they not bothered about our views?

Posted by: Pasty Exile (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 20:36

Quote:
SimonB
The guy is obviously match fit. He started 1 B&I game and on the bench for another. It will be ridiculous if he is not in the side within the next game or two, at least from the bench, especially if he is with us next year.

Nemsadze played in 3 internationals for Georgia last November (against Canada, Wales and the USA). After beating Belgium last weekend, they play Germany next weekend and then Spain on 3 March, Russia on 10 March and Romania on 18 March.

Posted by: Tiny George (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 08:06

I canít get my head around this one either. We really need a no nonsense lock in the pack to take on the role once filled by Gareth Llewelyn. Sadly Iím too old and was never near anywhere good enough but Iím at a loss as to why my namesake hasnít had a shout. We had similar with Giorgio Biaggi a while back. Come to think of it itís my name thatís held me back all these years!

Posted by: RJC (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 09:03

I know very little about Georgia, but what are their second row options like at the moment?

Playing devils advocate PL may not see him as the future, in my eyes it speaks volumes that two head coaches have not played him in primary competitions.
Maybe he doesn't train as hard as Vui, Jefferies and Joyce?

Touhy is more of a mystery to me, as he was playing really well last season, and then dropped off the radar completely.

I think the writing is on the wall for both of them for next season.

Posted by: NickGa (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 09:20

Quote:
Pasty Exile
Quote:
SimonB

Nemsadze played in 3 internationals for Georgia last November (against Canada, Wales and the USA). After beating Belgium last weekend, they play Germany next weekend and then Spain on 3 March, Russia on 10 March and Romania on 18 March.

Looking at this list of matches, maybe one of the reasons he isn't featuring for Bristol is he's unavailable too often.

Posted by: AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 09:22

Quote:
RJC
Playing devils advocate PL may not see him as the future, in my eyes it speaks volumes that two head coaches have not played him in primary competitions.
Maybe he doesn't train as hard as Vui, Jefferies and Joyce?.

You could even argue itís actially three coaches - Robinson, Tainton, and now Lam.

Either way, I agree. Itís not coincidence that a number of coaches have passed him over, even when our front 5 has been a disaster and there has been nothing to lose.

Posted by: Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 09:23

no different to our samoan contingent, at least in the autumn anyway

Posted by: EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 09:47

I wonder if it's anything to do with the Foreign player rule - i.e

"A Club may not in any Match have in the match day 22 at any one time more than two
Foreign Players"

I believe Australian and New Zealand players count as foreign so if we're playing e.g. Morahan and Luatua we can't play a third.

Posted by: Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 11:00

Of course it is possible that the coaches have simply got it wrong smiling smiley Personally I haven't seen enough of Nemsadze (for obvious reasons) to pass any real judgement although Touhy is rather harder to work out.

Our scrum troubles are down to to the front five rather than simply the front three and I don't think we've got the balance right in the Championship. The Premiership is a different kettle of fish. I hark back to Perenise who looked good in the Prem when he came to us and promptly struggled in exactly the same areas as most of our current options at prop and gave away a lot of penalties. Only to look perfectly good when we got promoted. Maybe we are looking to build a Premiership pack which is not the same as a Championship pack. In which case perhaps Nemsadze can carry out the lumpy second row role in the Championship but the coaches think you need something more (or at least different) in the Premiership.

Personally I'd go for a front five that can smash anyone off the park in the tight and hang their ability in the loose. Frankly someone like Gaston who is technically excellent in the scrum contributes enough in the loose for me. More like him would be fine.

Posted by: thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 13:14

Let's not forget that our most successful foray into the premiership in the modern era coincided with a pack that had the best scrum in the championship along with the oldest front row. whilst we had a number of deficits in that period that grew, for a few years our scrum never took a backward step and it made us a hard team to beat.

I may have said it before, but when Pat Lam coached us in one of his first coaching jobs he was very forwards aware. He must at the moment think we can get away with this as a weakness before strengthening next year.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net