Mitch
Posted by: Cunning Stunts (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 09:44

Canít be good news for Mitch Eadie with Haskell signing for Saints. Theyíre not paying Haskell to sit on the bench so Iíd assume Mitch will drop down their pecking order again. I donít think he really fits into their power game plan anyway which made me wonder, would we sign him back up? Bristol boy with an all court game sounds right up Mr Lamís street but we do have plenty of back row options now!

Re: Mitch
Posted by: TimothyQ (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 09:46

Rugby players get injured. 5th or 6th choice will get plenty of game time in the back row. I know itís controversial on this site, but I think weíre short of back row player to two.

Posted by: St00 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 10:04

Eadie at 8 and Haskell on the flank?

FWIW I'd welcome Mitch back with open arms.

Posted by: St00 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 10:09

And agree with TimQ there's definitely room for a proven ball carrier 6/8 in the squad if Vui (and Crane) will be used as a second row. Eadie, Beaumont, Ewers, Wray - that kind of player.

Posted by: JamboBris (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 10:40

Don't see him getting on the flank. Brussow, Harrison, gibson all ahead of him surely. Bench at best for him for saints this season.

Posted by: Jonny thomas (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 10:59

Imho this doesn't happen often but i think taking a Bristol shirt off Eadie was a bit like cutting Samson's hair
Half the man is in that shirt

Posted by: Cunning Stunts (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 11:48

Yeah, he was the main man in the Bris team of 2/3 years ago and took on that responsibility admirably. He's shown signs of that in his rare appearances for Saints (admittedly massively hampered by injury) but I don't see him as a bit part player. Seeing him and Luatua together would be epic but i'm dreaming!

Posted by: robtheh (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 12:20

I have to say I don't think Mitch would add anything (his pride in playing for his hometown club notwithstanding) to next season's squad.

When we went up last time, his competition was Fisher, Robinson, Crane, Lam, Jeffries, Fenton-Wells, Phillips...and any others I've forgotten.

This time it's Vui, Luatua, Lam, Jeffries, Crane & Haining. I don't personally think he'd get a look in.

Posted by: Dieselpup (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 15:14

Quote:
Jonny thomas
Imho this doesn't happen often but i think taking a Bristol shirt off Eadie was a bit like cutting Samson's hair
Half the man is in that shirt

Wonder how he would perform in a bear suit?? (Sm100)

Posted by: Rinkadink (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 19:34

When I've seen Mitch turn out for Saints it seems he is missing his edge he had with us. Not sure why, is it injury or coaching or game plan? Such a shame as I really wanted him to do well but looks like another case of the grass being greener outside of Bris and then falling by the way.

Jamal has looked pretty good this season, as that wasn't the "bigger" one of the two to many Saints fans I'm sure they've been pleasantly surprised. Needs to improve scrummaging technique a little still but his work rate and breakdown play is quality.

Posted by: TimothyQ (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2018 11:59

With the attrition rate, development as a rugby player is always a lottery. High achieving youngsters do t always improve for any number of reasons including injury, an unfashionable style of play, poor coaching or sometimes because they genuinely peaked at a young age. Mitch might still make the step up as many people have done before him, but to me he looks like a thoroughly competent premiership back row and thereís no shame in that.

Posted by: SimonB (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2018 15:43

Mitch missed the majority of the season through injury in the first game. When he finally got back in I thought he did well and inevitably he would have needed game time to get back to his best. I hope he gets a better crack next year.
Some similarities with Marco's experience at Worcester - a lot of injury time and bench warming.
It is not clear that either have done better career wise by moving on, although they probably did financially at the time.

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2018 19:59

WE are hoping for big things from Marco next season now that he is fit.

Posted by: Chet Ripley (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2018 15:36

Be great to see Marco at AG, still makes me smile how excited he was when we got promoted even knowing he was off to Worcester.

Posted by: Platwell House (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2018 17:05

Marco was a brilliant for Bristol, I hope the lad gets a stab at it next season

Posted by: Rinkadink (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2018 17:41

Quote:
Chet Ripley
Be great to see Marco at AG, still makes me smile how excited he was when we got promoted even knowing he was off to Worcester.

Yeah, ended up with him bouncing on my arm during the pitch invasion somehow. Such a shame he left us, think he could have been a real Bristol legend but wish the guy well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net