Re: Upper Lansdown open against Exeter
Posted by: inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2018 10:27

#fortressashtongate
4 from 5

Posted by: Sit_Down (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2018 12:02

Seems strange as there is still over 2000 tickets remaining - not including odd seats! I'd have thought fill it as much as possible first, then open it up. Either way though will be great to 15000+

Posted by: Rich. (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2018 13:33

Quote:
Sit_Down
Seems strange as there is still over 2000 tickets remaining - not including odd seats! I'd have thought fill it as much as possible first, then open it up. Either way though will be great to 15000+

I guess they are sure they will need to open it at some point and therefore the earlier the better so as to allow extra options for those going to to buy now. Linked to that, if they didn't open it, then when it is just singles and seats in corners left people may choose not to come at all if there is no other option.

Good news - let's hope we have a great performance for what I suspect will be at least 17K. I must be sure not to sit in front of a drum this time .......

Posted by: Peter_B (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2018 18:40

Id have thought the trigger was when they sold out of the seats near the halfway line or approach it. Would be good if we can get over 20,000 again.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Posted by: hooter (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2018 19:17

Would have thought they would have opened the ateyo stand before the upper Lansdown

Posted by: Peter_B (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2018 19:35

No.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Posted by: Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2018 20:32

Quote:
Rich.
Quote:
Sit_Down

I guess they are sure they will need to open it at some point and therefore the earlier the better so as to allow extra options for those going to to buy now. Linked to that, if they didn't open it, then when it is just singles and seats in corners left people may choose not to come at all if there is no other option.

Good news - let's hope we have a great performance for what I suspect will be at least 17K. I must be sure not to sit in front of a drum this time .......

Too much dark humour so deleted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2018 08:22 by Cidered Abroad.

Posted by: Prop Joe (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2018 21:28

Quote:
hooter
Would have thought they would have opened the ateyo stand before the upper Lansdown

Would have thought down to costs. As the Lansdown is already open as opposed to opening up the Atyeo with stewarding, turnstiles etc.

Posted by: Rich. (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2018 21:54

Think you should edit your post Cidered

Posted by: hooter (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2018 22:57

The only reason I think the ateyo should be opened before the upper lansdown is the high cost of the tickets in the lansdown compared to the ateyo, if for instance theysell out the lansdown and then because of demand decide to open the ateyo a lot of people are going to be upset if they spend 50 a ticket, for the ateyo to only be 25 or what ever it is.

Posted by: Jimeno (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 06:24

Quote:
Rich.
Think you should edit your post Cidered

Yes - definitely.

Posted by: airdog (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 07:58

agree cidered's post is o.t.t. but understand where he is coming from , drums , feathers that monotonous chant of theirs all very irritating .

Posted by: John Denver (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 08:19

I enjoy Cidered's posts as he often puts a Bristol City perspective on things as he is a Dual season ticket holder. I believe that this post is a joke but he should edit it in case it is misinterpreted.

Date: 08 November, 2018 08:34

Quote:
John Denver
I enjoy Cidered's posts as he often puts a Bristol City perspective on things as he is a Dual season ticket holder. I believe that this post is a joke but he should edit it in case it is misinterpreted.

My sense of humour is a bit warped at times. If I say that the late Dave Allen was one of my favourite comedians, especially his humour regarding funerals, you'll understand me a bit better.

I don't want a drum near me especially with my tinnitus, whichever side it supports. I now know what a horrible noise we made with the post war wooden air raid rattles.
So looking forward to a nice quiet game against the Chiefs when I can have a little nap!

Posted by: Jimeno (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 10:27

There's a singing section at City games.

Perhaps we could have a drumming section for this match.

How about in the otherwise-empty Atyeo?smiling smiley

Date: 08 November, 2018 11:24

Quote:
Jimeno
There's a singing section at City games.
Perhaps we could have a drumming section for this match.

How about in the otherwise-empty Atyeo?smiling smiley

Absolutely perfect solution!

Posted by: Rinkadink (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 15:15

Can we put any feathered head dress wearing folk in there with them?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net