Positivity and Other Boards
Posted by: Sit_Down (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 10:16

Over the last few days I've been re-viewing many of our threads and also "nosing" about other teams message boards.

Whilst we have our moments on here (and I think it can be quite an unforgiving place at times), it's quite interesting comparing the relative positivity that we currently have on here compared to other teams.

Maybe it's because we have been so bad, for so many years, that we are just glad to be competitive. Maybe it's more than that.

When I look at other message boards at the moment, I see them full of the despair we have experienced in our not to recent past.

There will undoubtedly be times to come this season where we moan, but I for one, love the direction the club and team are going in. Wouldn't be great if we can stay positive on here and elsewhere, letting other clubs foster doubt and disharmony?

Re: Positivity and Other Boards
Posted by: Jim H (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 11:08

I'd have it as:

Negative - Bath, Leicester and Sale
Positive - Saints, Falcons, Sarries, Worces,Us
Neutral - Wasps, Quins

Upset that everyone thinks they're boring - Exe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2018 11:08 by Jim H.

Posted by: thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 18:00

You only have to go back to the end of hill's and Hull's reigns to see that we are no different. Or even the last bit of Andy Robinson in charge.

Posted by: EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 18:56

Quote:
Jim H

(Sm22)

Posted by: Sit_Down (IP Logged)
Date: 07 December, 2018 11:57

Quote:
thorpebayexile
You only have to go back to the end of hill's and Hull's reigns to see that we are no different. Or even the last bit of Andy Robinson in charge.

I did qualify it by stating "..at the moment." i.e. as of now, the present. Not talking about the past.

Posted by: thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
Date: 07 December, 2018 12:21

Quote:
Sit_Down
Quote:
thorpebayexile

I did qualify it by stating "..at the moment." i.e. as of now, the present. Not talking about the past.

Well there's your problem.The present, or 'at the moment' doesn't really exist. In general relativity the concept of a moment of ti,e is paradoxical. It's explained here. [cns-alumni.bu.edu]

So you see Hilly knows best. Or did, until Hully knew best. Or did until Pat Lam knew best. But there was no actual moment known as the present when this happened. it instantly passed.

I hope that helps.

Posted by: Big Dave (IP Logged)
Date: 07 December, 2018 17:02

Fans of other clubs have more to worry about than in previous years because a large number of clubs are in danger of relegation.

Unless you prostrate yourself at their altar and tell them how special they are Exeter fans are going to be upset with anything you say.

The top two are going to run away with it. So other than avoiding relegation no one else has much to look forward to.

Perhaps we should end relegation?

Posted by: Rich. (IP Logged)
Date: 08 December, 2018 07:51

Well all the teams other than the top 2 will have relegation and Europe and in some cases the money from play offs to play for. We might have the amazing situation on the last game of the season where some sides could either be relegated or get into Europe!

Posted by: Monkey1 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 December, 2018 13:42

The Bristol message board has without doubt been the most miserable & negative place on earth for quite a long time, and for good reason. After your recent history, any hint of a possibility that you might get relegated again brings out something verging on a mental illness, which is perfectly understandable. The message boards of other clubs in a similar position are reasonably negative, but nothing compared to this one, because the dreaded R word is seen as something highly undesirable, but not the end of the world.

Fast-forward to today, and a few good results that indicate good things ahead, with the dreaded R word forgotten for a moment, and everyone is happy. It is just human nature, don't read too much into it, and if towards the end of the season you are looking reasonably safe then I can predict without any need for a crystal ball, that people on here will be downright cheerful.

Enjoy the moment, and if you get a couple of losses, don't be too surprised if some people want to kick the cat. All message boards are like this, yours is no different, just perhaps a little more paranoid when things don't go right, but people are justified in having a bit of a rant in such circumstances so don't be too harsh on them.

Posted by: hooter (IP Logged)
Date: 10 December, 2018 14:21

If you think this board is bad I suggest you go over to the barf board and see how negative they are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2018 07:25 by hooter.

Posted by: Monkey1 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 December, 2018 06:48

Quote:
hooter
If you think this board is bad I suggest you po over to the barf board and see how negative they are.

I don't think my nerves are strong enough for that Hooter.

Posted by: Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
Date: 12 December, 2018 14:00

Quote:
Jim H
I'd have it as:

Made me smile, there are a good number of our regulars are sensitive souls. Personally I don't care. As long as we are in the top half year on year and regularly competing for trophies I'm happy. In time we will hopefully be going for the big one.

I find it refreshing that there are liads of different rugby philosophies in the league and our stats compared to many others suggest that we aren't as dull as some think.

Good luck for the season, I would love to see another "big" name relegated. Keeps people honest.

Posted by: Rinkadink (IP Logged)
Date: 12 December, 2018 18:44

I think Exe inarguably counts as a "big" name now, fancy volunteering in the interests of honesty?

Date: 13 December, 2018 11:18

If our turn comes I will accept it with grace, no knashing and grinding of teeth here.

Posted by: Rinkadink (IP Logged)
Date: 13 December, 2018 11:35

So that's a no, then?

Date: 13 December, 2018 14:14

The question is ambiguous.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net