Charlie Thacker
Posted by: Jay Jay (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 16:54

Charlie Thacker, 22 year old centre, Harryís brother, is one of 19 players leaving Tigers. Would he be a good signing? I havenít seen him play.

Re: Charlie Thacker
Posted by: memnoch (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 17:15

Quote:
Jay Jay
Charlie Thacker, 22 year old centre, Harryís brother, is one of 19 players leaving Tigers. Would he be a good signing? I havenít seen him play.

You beat me to it lol.

He was Tigers academy player of the year 13/14 season and when I have seen him play he has been very good.

Maybe he could join us and be as good as Harry.

Posted by: JamboBris (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 20:45

Surprised they've let Fred Tuilagi go.

Posted by: Field marshall (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 21:10

And Joe Ford.

Posted by: TimothyQ (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 21:16

There are a few of players on that list who I like. McMillan would bolster the squad if he is fit and Fred Tuilagi looks like a Pat Lam style of player. I havenít seen enough of Eden this year to know if we need an extra 10 in the squad but Joe Ford has looked tidy when Iíve seen him this year.

Posted by: Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 21:46

Charlie T has been very good when Iíve seen him

Tiggers are going to join the list of favourites for relegation at this rrate

Posted by: Platwell House (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 08:14

I was surprised at Joe Ford being let go as well, always done well when I have seen him. Unfortunately Bristol do not need another Fly Half however Newcastle could be a good destination.

Posted by: robtheh (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 09:32

Joe Ford, for me, is a very good Championship player and nothing more. Tigers forum seems to suggest that Charlie Thacker, whilst strong, hasnít got his brotherís speed or skill set. Iíve not seen enough to judge though.
Would take Fred Tuilagi in a heartbeat.

Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 09:35

Quote:
Hercules Spoons
Charlie T has been very good when Iíve seen him
Tiggers are going to join the list of favourites for relegation at this rrate

Charlie is a solid lad who like his bro gives his all, it would seem he does not fit into the new squad that Murphy is putting together to play his style, hence the large number moving on. Tigers seem to be reverting back to using more of their academy players, but Charlie wasn't one of those for the team sheet.

Posted by: Rinkadink (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 11:52

Forgetting the name and connection, compare him to our current 13s (he is a 13, right?) and ask if he is any better than what we have now and what will he add to the squad.

For me I'm sure he's a good player but would be far more sensible to further develop Hurrell and POC, plus any academy talent underneath them. If I've got it wrong and he's a 12 then we may need an addition but think we need a big ball carrier type, but Bedlow seemed to be that and have a passing/2nd playmaker game to boot.

Posted by: Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 11:55

Would be very interested how many games people have seen Thacker and Tuilagi jnrs play considering they have only played maybe 2/3 televised games at LV cup level.

Posted by: Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 12:02

I started trying to watch him when we first signed Harry because I knew weíd signed a Thacker from Tiggers not realising it was a hooker not a centre weíd signed
When Iíve seen him (on TV) he appeared strong and quickish, although a bit similar to Bedlow and we might not want two so similar and inexperienced

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net