100 Days to Go
Posted by: bigcarrotnose (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 12:46

Until the Japan Rugby World Cup!

(Sm100)

Re: 100 Days to Go
Posted by: Brizzlonian (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 15:59

Are any fans from this board heading out to Japan?

Posted by: expectingrain (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2019 07:41

I wish!

Posted by: Platwell House (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2019 08:12

Too busy working but wish I was going. Most matches will be at ungodly hours but hopefully the highlights shows will be at a better hour unlike the cricket world cup

Posted by: Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2019 08:36

Was intending to go, but then Japan restarted whaling, so plans were cancelled. Apparently the money is now earmarked for a new kitchen. Not quite sure how that happened!

Posted by: BS7 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2019 08:48

Quote:
Gray_Lensman
Was intending to go, but then Japan restarted whaling, so plans were cancelled. Apparently the money is now earmarked for a new kitchen. Not quite sure how that happened!
No sushi in the new kitchen I presume? (Sm125)

Posted by: Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2019 08:49

England's games will be either at 9am or 11.30am, so not exactly ungodly hours!

Posted by: Rinkadink (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2019 14:16

Quote:
expectingrain
I wish!
+1

Quote:
Gray_Lensman

Good on you.

Posted by: Rich. (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2019 14:56

Apart from Namibia v Canada there are a few at 5:45 and 6:15 but most later morning than that.

Can't wait - think it's gonna be the best yet in terms of quality and unpredictableness

Posted by: Brizzle (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2019 20:16

Yep !! Booked for last 3 group games. Always wanted to go to Japan and even better excuse with the RWC. Very very excited. (promise not to eat any whales ...)

Date: 14 June, 2019 15:54

Quote:
Gray_Lensman

I assume you donít eat any kind of meat then?

Posted by: Rich. (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2019 15:58

Hmm this could be just about to get very off topic

Posted by: Rinkadink (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2019 16:22

Quote:
Brizzlonian
Quote:
Gray_Lensman

I assume you donít eat any kind of meat then?

They may not but what is the correlation exactly, what point is it that you're trying to make? If you're not vegetarian or vegan you cannot criticise whaling? I'm curious.

Posted by: gran (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2019 10:00

Moreover has anyone done any correlation between rugby players and meat eaters? Do forwards tend to eat meat while backs prefer sushi? Does anyone know a vegan rugby player? Ok it's the summer break!

Posted by: Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2019 10:15

Why does whether or not I eat meat have anything to do with my disapproval of the commercial hunting, using explosive (but ineffective) harpoons, of intelligent species that have been driven to the verge of extinction? That's just whataboutery.

Date: 15 June, 2019 15:23

As a meat eater, I would find it very hypocritical to criticise the hunting of one particular animal. So you only eat animals based on their (lack of) intelligence?

Posted by: TimothyQ (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2019 15:28

I am thrilled that the World Cup is taking place in Japan and I hope they host a fantastic tournament.

Posted by: Prop Joe (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2019 15:31

Quote:
gran
Moreover has anyone done any correlation between rugby players and meat eaters? Do forwards tend to eat meat while backs prefer sushi? Does anyone know a vegan rugby player? Ok it's the summer break!

Anthony Mullaly is the best I can come up with. He's a Rugby League player, so.....
Boring Saturday afternoon

Posted by: Since 1888 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2019 18:44

Quote:
Brizzlonian
As a meat eater, I would find it very hypocritical to criticise the hunting of one particular animal. So you only eat animals based on their (lack of) intelligence?

So shark fin soup is ok by you then by your reckoning? Whaling is a horrendous practice that should be acknowledged whatever diet you choose.

On topic, I was offered free lodgings in Sapporo but with a young family it wasnít feasible. Really looking forward to a new host not from the usual pool of countries, I think Japan will get right behind it and it will be a cracking few weeks. Safe travels to those that are going!

Posted by: hooker 72 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2019 18:54

There are some complete d@@ks that come on this board, whaling is an unbelievable cruel act perpetuated by so called civilised people on creatures with intelligence greater than the morons firing explosive devices strapped to huge spears, so give it a rest, use what intelligence you have, if not google whaling and be horrified. Kudos to gray for having values.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net