Current Page: 1 of 3
ST sales
Posted by: Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2017 22:24

Reportedly, a record number sold already which has got to be good news.

Re: ST sales
Posted by: Sale_through&through (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2017 22:30

I know several people who haven't renewed as of yet, me included!!

Posted by: Dr.L (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2017 23:07

And me, yet!

Posted by: ale shark (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2017 07:24

We get these reports on annual basis

Posted by: MartWhit (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2017 09:17

I should hope so given the extended renewal offers etc.

Posted by: Rani of the Road (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2017 12:28

Got mine! Seats now on sale if not renewed [www.salesharks.com]

Posted by: clutch (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2017 12:44

Good news though. More to come hopefully. Few more big names to attract bums on seats, and it is all looking rosey.

Posted by: Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2017 13:12

I feel like that article is fake news after looking at the season ticket seat map.

*Cue someone editing the seat map to make it look like some sections have more spots sold than before.*

Posted by: H's D (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2017 13:19

One would hope they are increased if only because the differential between ST and individual match day purchase is now larger making "cherry picking" less viable.

Posted by: james46 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2017 13:38

No actual figures of ticket sales, so just marketing bull s..t then.

Posted by: madders (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2017 14:05

A football club I follow recently announced record sales for their season tickets, which on reading was actually a comparison to this time last year. Many people though were quick to spot that this year they've been on sale for nearly 4 weeks, whereas at this time last year they'd been on sale for less than a week. Marketing BS.

Date: 16 May, 2017 14:08

I fail to see what the club has to gain by making this up.

It is starting to be a knee jerk reaction for some people on this board to criticise anything and everything the club says or does.

Ok, yes they do make mistakes and it is right and proper that those are discussed but to assume the worst regarding every announcement is inappropriate.

We are supposed to be supporters of the club although I'm increasingly convinced that a number of posters on here are anything but.

Posted by: ale shark (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2017 14:11

Grumpy - we're told about record sales every year and every year attendances go down. It might well be true but to repeat the same thing pretty much every year, in the face of evidence to the contrary, lacks a bit of credibility

Posted by: Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2017 16:31

Quote:
ale shark
It might well be true but to repeat the same thing pretty much every year, in the face of evidence to the contrary, lacks a bit of credibility

Or no evidence to back up the claim.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/05/2017 16:43 by Irish_Shark.

Posted by: Tigger (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2017 16:48

On the other hand if the club had posted that season ticket sales were down on last season we would be having a different discussion possibly involving access and results this season....of course the club is going to look at the positives....and if the trend is upward then great. Let's not knock the club for looking at the positives....

alltheaboveismyownopinionanddoesnotreflectmypositionasamoderator

Cheers....winking smiley

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

Posted by: DaveAitch (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2017 17:12

Tigger, it's fine looking at the positives but constant hype is a turn off and counter-productive unless backed up by real and visible action.

Date: 16 May, 2017 17:40

Quote:
ale shark
Grumpy - we're told about record sales every year and every year attendances go down. It might well be true but to repeat the same thing pretty much every year, in the face of evidence to the contrary, lacks a bit of credibility

Unfortunately, I didn't take a screen shot of the e-ticketing page this time last year but my recollection was that most of W04 and W05 were sold together with a smattering of seats around the halfway line in the East stand.

This year, a significant number of seats in W06 also seem to have gone.

Whilst I can't back this up it does seem to me that there may indeed have been an increase.

I have taken an appropriate screen shot for comparison when this discussion arises next year.

Posted by: Tigger (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2017 17:40

Quote:
DaveAitch
Tigger, it's fine looking at the positives but constant hype is a turn off and counter-productive unless backed up by real and visible action.

Not arguing with that...just saying if they were posting about falling ST ticket sales they would be under different criticism...damned if they do...damned if they don't...

Personally I believe that next season is going to be a test of the new owners influence. They came in too late this season to make a difference...so I hope they have had a long hard look and have some new ideas to increase the crowds..

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

Date: 16 May, 2017 18:31

Quote:
Tigger
Quote:
DaveAitch

Not arguing with that...just saying if they were posting about falling ST ticket sales they would be under different criticism...damned if they do...damned if they don't...

Personally I believe that next season is going to be a test of the new owners influence. They came in too late this season to make a difference...so I hope they have had a long hard look and have some new ideas to increase the crowds..

And if they said nothing, there would undoubtedly be complaints that there isn't enough publicity.....
(Sm56)

Posted by: H's Dad... (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2017 18:38

all valid points; Sale continue to enjoy a rich tapestry of supporters....(Sm85)

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net