Hello from the Czech Republic
Posted by: dhanley (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2017 09:37

Hello Fellow Shark Fans,

I have just joined the board yesterday and wanted to say Hi. I am a massive Sale fan, but from afar as I have a life here in Czech Republic now. As such I dont get to many games but still follow the boys through thick and thin.

David - from Brno.

Re: Hello from the Czech Republic
Posted by: iBozz (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2017 09:40

Welcome aboard, dhanley.

Join in the conversations and as well as chatting about Sale let us know from time to time how the game is faring in your neck of the woods.

Do you support a local Club in the CR?

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Date: 17 May, 2017 11:19

Nope, havent watched much over here. The local team also plays NFL in their spare time which shows you how seriously they take it.
Will be joining in as much as I can for sure. Thanks for the welcome.

Posted by: DaveAitch (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2017 14:07

Dobrư den, as someone taught me when I was on holiday several years back and it is still the only Czech phrase I know.

What about ice hockey? Is that still big over there.

Date: 17 May, 2017 15:27

Huge. And Brno won the Hockey championships this year which was a good excuse for a few beers.
I just can't get into it though.

Posted by: DaveAitch (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 08:31

One of the best games ever, in any sport, was when Czechoslovakia played the USSR at the 1968 Winter Olympics. It the time of Alexander Dubček and the Prague Spring. I watched the game live, well, on TV. If ever two sets of players had more on their minds than it being just a game, I have yet to see it. If you don't know what happened nor the final score I won't tell you. It'll probably be on YouTube in black and white, but it was anything other than a grey game.

p.s. The only words I know in Polish are 'dzień dobry', but I always forget which way round the words are in each language.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net