Current Page: 1 of 3
family of 4 for £40 - offer against L Irish
Posted by: Flumpty (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 14:46

I've just rec'd this promo via email for Friday nights game

"A standing family ticket which includes 2 adults and 2 Under 16s can be bought from just £40 for this game! A seated family ticket in the East Stand is just £50! To purchase a family ticket please call Angela Traynor on 0161-667-7519 or email angela.traynor@salesharks.com"

A tenner per person thats a cracking offer.

My first ever game was as a result of a Dad & Lad for £20 promotion (nowadays, the would be a lot less gender specific !)

Re: family of 4 for £40 - offer against L Irish
Posted by: ale shark (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 15:38

It's a good offer but I'd be surprised if the take up is much higher than zero, itís just an excuse to email people to raise awareness of the match. Maybe Iím not normal but in my experience families generally plan family evenings out a bit more than 3 days in advance. Would be nice if they did this 2 weeks in advance of a weekend game.

Posted by: Tigger (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 15:54

Quote:
ale shark
It's a good offer but I'd be surprised if the take up is much higher than zero, itís just an excuse to email people to raise awareness of the match. Maybe Iím not normal but in my experience families generally plan family evenings out a bit more than 3 days in advance. Would be nice if they did this 2 weeks in advance of a weekend game.

Seriously? A positive move by the club and that is your response? And posters wonder why this is called the negativity forum...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

Posted by: emerging shark (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 16:12

Problem is that it's a bit late. I don't get e mails from the club anymore, used to. Don't know why not? I know quite a few people who might take this offer up..
Kinda wonder why they don't take advantage of this board to advertise it???

Date: 12 September, 2017 16:41

I said it was a good offer but putting it out 3 days in advance for an 8pm Friday game is just poor thinking. Was the offer advertised at the Newcastle game?

Posted by: dickiedudeles (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 16:45

£40 for 2 adults and 2 Under 16s versus £44 for 2 adults. I know it's not a load of money but there's something that really rankles about being asked to fork out more money for the privilege of not bringing a couple of kids.

Posted by: Tigger (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 16:46

Quote:
dickiedudeles
£40 for 2 adults and 2 Under 16s versus £44 for 2 adults. I know it's not a load of money but there's something that really rankles about being asked to fork out more money for the privilege of not bringing a couple of kids.

Maybe the club are thinking about the future...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

Posted by: Chris1850 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 17:06

I think the club are to be commended for coming up with an offer though ale shark has makes a good point that it would likely have more take up if they had promoted it earlier. After all, it was never likely that the game would sell out!

I also take the point that it rankles that it it is cheaper than two adult tickets by £4,so effectively the club are saying we will pay you £2 each to bring the kids. Maybe an offer of £22 per adult with free entry to an accompanied child would have been better, in hindsight.

Whatever the pro's and cons, I am pleased to see the club making an effort though

Posted by: Mrs Trellis of North Wales (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 17:43

It's an attempt to increase the attendance figures from the abysmal attendance for the first home game. The problem with this strategy is that it may not be repeated thus disappointing repeaters, and if it is it will undercut ST prices per game.

There is a similar ST for 2 adults + 2 under 16's which is presumably "thinking for the future".

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

Posted by: Chris1850 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 18:05

Clearly the club cannot repeat this offer for every game for the reasons you suggest Mrs T. It is good to see them come up with an incentive however and there is no reason why they cannot also come up with others. Maybe a free pint/drink/pork bap, in conjunction with the concessions for example? Or a free/cut price (last seasons) shirt to the first x number to apply?

Posted by: Mrs Trellis of North Wales (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 18:13

Of course - but such relative trivia won't put more bums on seats or feet on the concrete terracing at full prices. It's more likely to please those already committed to attending who are always included in the "attendance" figures.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

Date: 12 September, 2017 18:25

So long as it doesn't undercut season tickets then it's pretty fair game.

Looking at the website in the family tickets it's not actually a special deal for this game, looks like it's available every game so I take back my comments from before, Iím truly sorry, they've just chosen to e-publicise it now. Last year I got the impression you could only use the deal once a season, i don't know if you can use it more this year.

The price differential figures don't quite make sense for all games and canít be bothered to do the math but I think Dickie's beef only occurs on the CAT C standing scenario.

[salesharks.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2017 18:27 by ale shark.

Date: 12 September, 2017 18:45

Quote:
ale shark

The price differential figures don't quite make sense for all games and canít be bothered to do the math but I think Dickie's beef only occurs on the CAT C standing scenario.

[salesharks.com]

Its good that its on the official website - it would be even better if it told you what a family ticket was e.g 2 adults and 2 juniors under 16

Posted by: emerging shark (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 18:55

Does it have to be your own children, or can you pick up a few kids on the streets? (to go to match I might add)

Date: 12 September, 2017 18:57

4 kids, 2 pints and a free flag! Bargain

Posted by: Rani of the Road (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 20:11

Quote:
Maybe Iím not normal but in my experience families generally plan family evenings out a bit more than 3 days in advance. Would be nice if they did this 2 weeks in advance of a weekend game.

It's is available at EVERY match, my brother bought one last season for his mob twice. It doesn't take Einstein to go to the website, look at the Tickets header and see Family Tickets is the second category down.

Family Tickets

Posted by: Yareet (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 20:32

Quote:
Mrs Trellis of North Wales
The problem with this strategy is that it may not be repeated thus disappointing repeaters

You are of course correct which is why no major global business (brand or retailer) has ever run a temporary price promotion to attract new customers.

Date: 12 September, 2017 21:16

Quote:
Rani of the Road
Quote:
Maybe Iím not normal but in my experience families generally plan family evenings out a bit more than 3 days in advance. Would be nice if they did this 2 weeks in advance of a weekend game.

It's is available at EVERY match, my brother bought one last season for his mob twice. It doesn't take Einstein to go to the website, look at the Tickets header and see Family Tickets is the second category down.

Family Tickets

It would be even better if the website was clearer as to what it defines as a Family Ticket.

Posted by: DaveAitch (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 21:24

If it is cheaper than just two adults going it's worth getting just for the adults and then saying the kids were ill when going through the turnstiles. The adults get it for £2 less each and the 'attendance' is increased by two who aren't actually there, so everyone wins.

Posted by: Bull Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 21:30

There are 3 key bits of information this page should be clear on- what is a family season ticket (ie number of adults/ kids and qualifying ages), price and how to purchase.
Unfortunately with something so simple 2 out of 3 ain't bad doesn't really wash.
Of course you could email or phone and ask but that's adding a barrier to your purchase decision and a level of inconvenience. A supporter will do that but someone who hears a match is on and impulsively has a look to see if this may be attractive might not.

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net