Sarries away
Posted by: Bull Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 13:21

Rang Sarries yesterday to buy some tickets for the match. As we have 2 sections not next to each other I asked the guy on the phone which had the largest number of Sale supporters as I'd get mine in that. He was quite helpful and checked both out to reply that basically we only had a handful of supporters booked in either. Anyway on the basis that I'd take the covered rubbish view behind the posts offering rather than the uncovered rubbish view temporary side offering, Amy and I will be in South Stand S11 row E seats 16 and 17. Anyone fancying it feel to book close to us to make some noise or in the other section to avoid us (although you'll regret it if it rains!).

As there's no Funbus going we're on the 10:35 Manchester to London train and back same day on the 19:20. Again happy to travel down with other supporters if you want to join us.

SARACENS v Sale Sharks - Saturday 23rd September 15.00 k-o

Supporter Tickeths are all blocked off in the following areas:

West Stand Block 15 Uncovered Temporary Seating
Rows A E
Adult/Under 24/Over 65 - 28/19/23

South Stand Block 11 Covered Temporary Seating
Rows D & E
Adult/Under 24/Over 65 - 28/19/23

To book these tickets, you will need to call 0203 675 7200, option 1.

Re: Sarries away
Posted by: MartWhit (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 13:22

was really hoping to make this game, but looks like I'm going to struggle with family commitments. Have fun.

Posted by: hilly07 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 14:46

Was going to go but having been to all four performances from our Prem/Jets this year I am going to save some cash until the rest of the squad catches up with FdK!

Posted by: Long Eaton Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 18 September, 2017 22:29

Two of us in the south stand, block 11. Looking forward to it.

Posted by: LPCWOOKIE (IP Logged)
Date: 19 September, 2017 07:50

I swear the premiership schedulers look at my calendar to ensure I miss all my local games,flying to Crete for this one and then of to Belfast when we play Quins

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Posted by: hilly07 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 September, 2017 08:42

Just been hearing about how brutal the heat was for Sarries in the US. Could be a good time to catch them. But they are still Sarries at Sarries!

Posted by: Prop at Work (IP Logged)
Date: 19 September, 2017 08:46

Itoje must be due a rest, surely?

Posted by: MartWhit (IP Logged)
Date: 19 September, 2017 09:22

Sarries have 1 day less prep and some jetlag to deal with.

On the flip side, they rested Barrington, Brits, Koch, Taylor & Losowski totally. Wiggy, Maitland & Wray got bench rest. Skelton may be ready for debut this week. Calum Clark or Joel Conlon must be chomping at the bit. So they have plenty of fresh resource to employ against us.

The key for us will be if we can still make our attacking shape work vs Sarries much higher line speed. We'll also face a very powerful driving unit which I fear we wont be able to repel without a significant penalty count.

Posted by: clutch (IP Logged)
Date: 19 September, 2017 12:42

If someone offered me one try conceded via a driving maul, then I'd take it. The best we can ask for in this fixture is to show improvement in our driving maul defence. I think it is perhaps slightly better than last year, but we will see after this match.

If we can keep the score respectable and stop them getting a BP (try not losing!) then I'd be happy. Wouldn't be that concerned if they smashed us either. we have nothing to lose, so we may as well have a crack.

Posted by: Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 19 September, 2017 14:46

My team prediction for the weekend. Assume Addison is injured and Ross and Strauss rested/ rotated with Aulika, perhaps held to improve fitness but also allow for increasing the EQP players in squad.

1 Harrison,
2 Webber,
3 Tarus,
4 Evans,
5 Beaumont,
6 Ioane
7 T.Curry,
8 Pearce,
9 De Klerk,
10 MacGinty,
11 Charnley,
12 Jennings,
13 James,
14 Solomona,
15 Haley

Replacements: Neild, Flynn, John, Nott, B.Curry, Cliff, O'Connor, McGuigan

Posted by: Hookers (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2017 12:38

Quote:
Bull Shark
Rang Sarries yesterday to buy some tickets for the match. As we have 2 sections not next to each other I asked the guy on the phone which had the largest number of Sale supporters as I'd get mine in that. He was quite helpful and checked both out to reply that basically we only had a handful of supporters booked in either. Anyway on the basis that I'd take the covered rubbish view behind the posts offering rather than the uncovered rubbish view temporary side offering, Amy and I will be in South Stand S11 row E seats 16 and 17.

Me & Trev will be in the South Stand. Not sure of the seats though.

Posted by: johneverton (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2017 15:52

Irish - does Jono Ross not make your 23?

Posted by: Mrs Trellis of North Wales (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2017 16:45

He's being rotated as McGuigan was last week.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

Posted by: Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2017 17:58

Quote:
johneverton
Irish - does Jono Ross not make your 23?

With the head clash last friday as well as getting that elbow from Blair Cowan i'd give him an extra week.

Posted by: Long Eaton Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2017 08:14

Has there been any updates on the Will Addison injury?

Posted by: 45jumper (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2017 08:51

If Ross has had a couple of knocks, maybe a spot of rest/rotation isn't the worst idea in the world. I'd like to see Pearce come in to replicate his bulk.
Given Dimes' preference for a 6-2 split, maybe something like...

Haley
Solomona
James
Jennings
McGuigan
MacGinty
De Klerk

Harrison
Jones
Taurus
Evans
Beaumont
Pearce
Curry
Strauss

Reps
Webber, Flynn, Aulika, Ostrikov, Ioane, Ross, Cliff, O'Connor

Charnley drops out due to McGuigan's superior positional play, and O'Connor is literally the perfect number 23 in this scenario. The rest of the bench offer some serious impact that we lacked last season thumbs down

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net