Current Page: 1 of 6
Open Invitation
Posted by: SwannyMediaMan (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 13:22

Had a chat with Dimes earlier. We think it would be great to invite some of you down to Carrington one evening to have a chat with us about how we can improve things. We would like to invite some of you down particularly...
Mrs Trellis
Haleshark
Bull Shark
Emerging Shark
Strinesian
MartWhit
All the Editors
We can accomodate up to 30 people

Let me know either on here or by emailing me on dave.swanton@salesharks.com when you are available and lets get a date in the diary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2017 18:20 by Tigger.

Re: Open Invitation
Posted by: Tigger (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 13:25

Great idea Swanny....would need some notice of the dates you are looking at but would love to attend.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

Posted by: Strinesian Saleanian (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 13:27

Sound good to me. Can you suggest some dates.

Date: 01 October, 2017 13:29

We are easy on dates but want to make sure we can get as many there as possible who have issues or ideas.

Posted by: Mrs Trellis of North Wales (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 13:29

Thanks for the invitation - I'm gobsmacked and may well be afterwards.

If numbers exceed 30 I will willingly cede my highly esteemed place to someone who has specific ideas which they wish to see carried out by the business .

I don't really have any views/criticisms on f&b etc. and wish to see easier access by public transport which is not in the remit of the business. Free proper shuttles from the TC have long gone.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2017 13:36 by Mrs Trellis of North Wales.

Date: 01 October, 2017 13:31

Good stuff be great to have you down so we can produce a definitive list on what the issues and ideas are. What dates and times are best fior you Mrs T?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2017 13:32 by SwannyMediaMan.

Date: 01 October, 2017 13:36

Any time is ok for me as I'm retired but I sail most afternoons - weather permitting - and go on holiday every month until next summer.

Any weekday morning 10am would suit if I'm in the country. You said one evening which I take to mean you are trying to fit the workers in after ofice hours. Therefore if I'm here I'll make evenings as well although that'll mean a "dry" dinner. Why not HR btw - easy public transport?

My topic would be the re-introduction of free proper shuttles to and from the TC on matchdays.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2017 13:43 by Mrs Trellis of North Wales.

Date: 01 October, 2017 13:43

Daytime meetings seem to be unpopular Mrs T as per criticisms on other threads. We are easy on timings though and will accomodate as many as we can.

Posted by: Bull Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 13:53

Dave, I'll email you what dates I can't do tomorrow morning.
Will the stadium management and catering company be represented at this gathering?

Date: 01 October, 2017 13:55

No need I will take minutes and Dimes will take the issues to the stadium.

Posted by: emerging shark (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 14:55

I'm happy pop along if I can. If it's not during the day, I struggle with transport most evenings (wife hogs the car!). My only evening is Thursdays.
Like Mrs T, I don't have any problem with the stadium, it's certainly much better that either Hr or EP. I don't drink much due to having to drive. Suggest you include TimperleyShark as well Swanny.
We are certainly at a crossroads in our development and there is a real need to bring the club and fans closer together. Good shout.

Posted by: Rani of the Road (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 15:03

CAUTION! Posters reversing...

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/558/48/3048558.gif

Posted by: HaleShark (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 15:12

That's a welcome invitation, and mush appreciated.

Like Mrs T I'm somewhat surprised but given the angst of many on other threads I feel the club have had no other option. However, as I say a welcomed invitation non the less and it's a rare positive move by the club to re-connect with the fans.
I would hope the representatives of the club will perhaps give those attending a little more insight into it's future direction which seems such a mystery at times. As we're 5 years on now at the AJB I won't hold my breath on any promises to action any issues, I know that sounds negative but it's where we all are right now.

I agree with Swanny, a daytime get together will almost put most people out of any meeting, it would have to be an evening. With that though it may put me out as I work odd-shifts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2017 16:22 by HaleShark.

Date: 01 October, 2017 15:57

I haven't seen anyone reversing their views.

<ed> after taking it under advisement consider yourself on a formal warning <ed/>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2017 17:04 by Tigger.

Posted by: Chris1850 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 16:09

Why not schedule it for 3pm on a Saturday afternoon? That should suit most people!!

Posted by: Rani of the Road (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 16:20

I haven't seen anyone reversing their views."We need a meeting... oh, I don't need to attend, here's the only thing I wanted to discuss"
Are you a fan of paedophiles Rani? Not proven in court that he was, although as you seem to be the expert on everything I guess you know best.
I could do without seeing that one so often. It irritates you? Good, it's how I feel about you.

Posted by: iBozz (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 16:24

<ed>Avoid getting personal, Chaps</ed>

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Posted by: HaleShark (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 16:27

No one is reversing their views, quite a ridiculous comment Rani of the Road. It's a welcome opportunity for people to air their views directly at the club.

Posted by: Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 16:27

I don't share some of the issues as others but can contribute the perspective of someone who was enticed to bring my family by the Tigers fixture on Saturday afternoon four seasons back and saw enough to become a ST Holder when the new season rolled round afterwards and have remained ever since. I've no experience of Heywood Road or EP, PSA or Kingsley Jones but I've found a friendly club that I want to see succeed on and off the pitch.

It might not be an invitation aimed at someone like me but if I could make it, I'd willingly contribute. Usual weekday office hours wouldn't work for me, as seems to be the case generally, and would try to make whatever time suggested if possible.

Posted by: Tigger (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 16:34

<ed> that is bordering on slanderous. Delete it or I will<ed>

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2017 17:04 by Tigger.

Current Page: 1 of 6
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net