Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Open Invitation
Posted by: Tigger (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 19:16

Just out of interest how many people do you think read the posts on this message board?

Even if you allow for the fact that regular posters may click on a thread 10/20/50/100 times we still can get thousands of views on some topics...so do not discount this forum as unimportant....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

Posted by: HaleShark (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 08:35

Quote:
PoyntonShark
Tigger, those accusations a few years ago were not concerned with this board, rather that the SSSC was being controlled by the club. I am well aware of the incident, being an SSSC committee member at the time.
My point was that rather than worrying about who should be seen to be collecting questions, or whose initiative it was (to be picky the initiative was all Swanny's) just get input from as many people as possible in whatever manner possible and ensure it is all presented in some form at the meeting.

I doubt very much that more Sale supporters read these boards than are reached by SSSC communications, but the main point is that both reach only a small proportion. Timperley's idea of communicating to the wider audience is an excellent one.

I'll have to disagree with a couple of your points, Poynters.

Whilst Swanny offered a meet to meet the fans in his open invitation, leading up to that moment myself and M5 Shark both suggested a get together with the club.

I suggest the exact reverse of who has the wider communication. The SSSC will only communicate with their membership group, but this board is widely read and evidence of that is the amount of hits the threads get. A small number of people post messages but a lot of people follow the comments.

Posted by: Chris1850 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 09:16

Quote:
HaleShark
Quote:
PoyntonShark
Tigger, those accusations a few years ago were not concerned with this board, rather that the SSSC was being controlled by the club. I am well aware of the incident, being an SSSC committee member at the time.
My point was that rather than worrying about who should be seen to be collecting questions, or whose initiative it was (to be picky the initiative was all Swanny's) just get input from as many people as possible in whatever manner possible and ensure it is all presented in some form at the meeting.

I doubt very much that more Sale supporters read these boards than are reached by SSSC communications, but the main point is that both reach only a small proportion. Timperley's idea of communicating to the wider audience is an excellent one.

I'll have to disagree with a couple of your points, Poynters.

Whilst Swanny offered a meet to meet the fans in his open invitation, leading up to that moment myself and M5 Shark both suggested a get together with the club.

I suggest the exact reverse of who has the wider communication. The SSSC will only communicate with their membership group, but this board is widely read and evidence of that is the amount of hits the threads get. A small number of people post messages but a lot of people follow the comments.

What is important is to communicate to as wide an audience as possible. That means the readers of this forum PLUS the SSSC members PLUS the Clubs data base. It is also important to encourage as much feedback as possible from all sources. It is not enough just to communicate the results of any meeting. All parties should be canvassing opinions in advance on the range of topics to be discussed. To avoid the initiative becoming over complicated, it should be made explicitly clear that team recruitment and playing issues are not on the agenda. The whole purpose of the meeting is to identify 'match experience' issues and seek suggestions for improving this and thereby encouraging more people to attend.

That's my view anyway!

Posted by: Mrs Trellis of North Wales (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 09:50

Swanny - hire a bigger room!

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

Posted by: Gordon1974 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 12:50

It may useful to draw up a bullet point list of topics everyone wants to discuss.

Posted by: Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 21:06

Back on after a few days off and I'll happily provide my real name to match my forum name if I'm able to attend.

Are we going to try and fix a date soon or have I missed it? We can continue to work out what's being discussed and what outcomes we are going for but the sooner we can pick a date that suits the majority, the better.

Realistically, I will struggle to make a weekday evening before 645pm by the time i can get back from work and set out for Carrington, particularly with the shambles that is traffic in Wilmslow and Handforth currently. (A Council in its wisdom launching up to 5 sets of concurrent roadworks that basically hamper every single route in or out!). I would of course try to find a way to make it earlier if possible.

Would it also be sensible to assume that the week of home fixtures would be better than away ones in terms of availability of Dimes/Swanny?

Posted by: Strinesian Saleanian (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 22:48

Quote:
Are we going to try and fix a date soon or have I missed it? We can continue to work out what's being discussed and what outcomes we are going for but the sooner we can pick a date that suits the majority, the better.

Agreed. As host I think it's Swanny's call. There will be no date which will suit all posters, but he and Dimes have to be available for selection.

Date: 06 October, 2017 07:12

Will anyone from the non playing side (aside from swanny) be in attendance, eg one the owners or senior directors

Date: 06 October, 2017 08:09

Quote:
Gordon1974
Will anyone from the non playing side (aside from swanny) be in attendance, eg one the owners or senior directors

Dimes, if he attends.

Posted by: Chris1850 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 08:14

Quote:
Mrs Trellis of North Wales
Quote:
Gordon1974

Dimes, if he attends.

Why do you doubt that he will be there, given Swannys original post?

Date: 06 October, 2017 09:48

There have been quite a few SSSC meetings advertised having Dimes when circumstances dictated he didn't attend. He's a busy bloke.

Date: 06 October, 2017 10:38

Quote:
Mrs Trellis of North Wales
Quote:
Gordon1974

Dimes, if he attends.

Dimes represents the playing side. It would be useful to have a another senior director exclusively from the non playing side.

Posted by: ale shark (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 11:04

The fact that the stadium and catering management are either unwilling to attend or not invited kind of says it all. After all, it's not like they're the ones who would directly profit from offering an enhanced consumer experience from their refreshment outlets and getting us to spend more/some money inside the ABJ. There are so many people who simply don’t spend anything inside the ground, I even witnessed someone eating a bag of salad in the ground last week.

Bridge or no bridge the menu is still going to be limp microwaved hotdogs or a soggy pie.

Nothing will improve until these people do something about it, Swanny and Dimes know how pee’d off we all are so what’s going to improve by telling SS the same stuff that we’ve told them for 5 seasons?

Date: 06 October, 2017 11:05

Afaiui the meeting is to gather concerns on the matchday experience where responsibility lies with the stadium management eg f&b on sale, stewarding, etc. etc. These issues and possible solutions identified will be passed to the stadium management by Dimes.

Posted by: ale shark (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 11:19

So the same people can tell the same people the same stuff that they've told them for 5 years and then decide to do nothing. This is why the world ends up with cr@p like Brexit and Trump.

Posted by: Prop at Work (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2017 15:52

This thread is so amusing in so many ways.

Posted by: nicsue (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2017 23:14

Quote:
ale shark
I even witnessed someone eating a bag of salad in the ground last week.

The world has gone mad I tell you, mad!

Date: 12 October, 2017 19:14

Is this any closet to being organised?

Posted by: Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2017 21:18

Quote:
Gordon1974
Is this any closet to being organised?

Doesn't seem so - it's 8 days since my post asking if a date could be alighted on.

Date: 12 October, 2017 22:00

It will be disappointing if it doesn't happen....

Current Page: 5 of 6
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net