Current Page: 1 of 2
Championship form!!!
Posted by: Ellastone Basking (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 19:59

What the hell!! Championship standard. Line out throws, knock ons, missed tackles Tarus scrummaging poo, missed tackles. Jones throw ins!! missed tackles. Can't kick conversions. It's so poor. Top three my @#$%&!! Bottom 3 probably. And I am being polite. Feel so sorry for anyone who has travelled to support!!

Re: Championship form!!!
Posted by: madders (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 20:04

Rubbish as we've been, I don't think it needed a new thread though. Join in the hand wringing on the Team v Quins thread.

Posted by: Ellastone Basking (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 20:06

Ok madders thanks feel free to delete this thread...

Posted by: Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 20:51

If I can politely segway this thread, in terms of where we were last year, our form is the same.

13pts after 6 rounds this season and last.

The difference is that this last we had a draw to replace a loss this year, however we've scored 11 more tries this season than at the same point last year.

Something positive to gleam i guess.

Posted by: ashtonshark (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 21:01

Doesn't matter if you score 4 if you are shipping 5 or 6 at the other end

Date: 06 October, 2017 21:13

Quote:
ashtonshark
Well it shows that at least we have the attacking ability, rather than none.

Posted by: MartWhit (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 21:42

its a telling stat Irish.

We are a better attacking team and an utterly incompetent defensive one.

Posted by: philthefluter (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 21:45

3 away games. Points conceded 50, 41 and 42 and the defence coach is ????

Date: 06 October, 2017 21:48

dismissed, I hope.

Date: 06 October, 2017 22:02

Quote:
philthefluter
3 away games. Points conceded 50, 41 and 42 and the defence coach is ????

The same as last year, albeit we had conceded 14pts less at this juncture last season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2017 22:13 by Irish_Shark.

Date: 06 October, 2017 22:05

yep, we couldnt defend then either.

But just look how much we've adjusted since then? We no longer get driven routinely from the maul, we rarely give away penalties for poor tackling technique and were almost never caught narrow.

Date: 06 October, 2017 22:15

Quote:
MartWhit
yep, we couldnt defend then either.
Meant to say we conceded less last year

Quote:
MartWhit
But just look how much we've adjusted since then? We no longer get driven routinely from the maul, we rarely give away penalties for poor tackling technique and were almost never caught narrow.

The other thing that's hard to know is how the change to ruck rules affects our defence.

Posted by: buelligansmate (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 23:20

Quote:
Ellastone Basking
What the hell!! Championship standard. Line out throws, knock ons, missed tackles Tarus scrummaging poo, missed tackles. Jones throw ins!! missed tackles. Can't kick conversions. It's so poor. Top three my @#$%&!! Bottom 3 probably. And I am being polite. Feel so sorry for anyone who has travelled to support!!
I travelled, still here in fact. I feel that we are on the threashold of something good. Not felt like this for a number of years. Don't need sympathy had a great time. I'm prepared to accept all you say. We got a BP away from home . Job done

Posted by: HaleShark (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 07:27

We've got see-saw reactions at the moment, no one was bemoaning Sale last week, the complete opposite in fact.

However stats don't lie I grant you that, we've shipped far too many points and giving away cheap tries at times. So yes the defensive edge to our game is a worry. But I'd agree with Buelligansmate in some regards, I think we've got a better squad that can play exciting rugby, we've just got to plug the gaps in the other end. I'd have wanted more though from last night, 2-points minimum.

Posted by: WiganSaler (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 08:38

The first half was a coach killer, these are top class rugby players who for whatever excuse seamed to have a collective rush of @#$%& to the brain. There is an old saying about "Out of the negative" You can't coach that kind of Hari Kari rugby, the look on Sam James face after the charge down summed up the first half perfectly.
Time to move on, a disappointment yes but A BP and 4 tries, and an iffy 5th try!
Looking forward to the game next Week thumbs down

--------------------------------------------------
Wigan "Home for the Bewildered"

Fully paid up member of the LSSSSC.
"Long Suffering Sale Sharks Supporters Club"

Posted by: DaveAitch (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 10:17

Quote:
Hale
We've got see-saw reactions at the moment, no one was bemoaning Sale last week, the complete opposite in fact.
I certainly wasn't bemoaning it but I did say in response to a point from Swanny that games like that happen from time to time. I'm not sure of my exact words (and with the poor search function on sportsnetwork I can't find the post. I said to a friend in the week that the problem with the big win, when every scoring opportunity is taken, is that it is often balanced by the game when all chances are scorned and so the game is lost.

Every-so-often, out of the blue, there will be a big win or a big defeat which is out of kilter with what should happen, either in the game itself or a season as a whole. That win was a one off (which may, of course, happen again). The away defeats form a recurring theme, or perhaps nightmare would be the better word.

Posted by: HaleShark (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 12:37

Very true Dave, the Gloucester result wasn't reflective of our current position. Saying that I do think we have some really good players, but a lot of new players have arrived and still the mind set about winning away continues which therefore points towards a coaching/management issue.

Posted by: emerging shark (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 16:36

So Gloucester beat saints who were joint top of the table. Make of that what you will!

Posted by: ageinghoody (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 16:36

Quote:
ashtonshark

Yes it does!

You get a bonus point that you wouldn't have had.

Posted by: DaveAitch (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 16:55

Quote:
HaleShark
Very true Dave, the Gloucester result wasn't reflective of our current position. Saying that I do think we have some really good players, but a lot of new players have arrived and still the mind set about winning away continues which therefore points towards a coaching/management issue.

I wouldn't disagree with that analysis. (What I would disagree with, when early season form is poor, is the claim sometimes made by coaches or supporters that the players are new to each other and need a while to bed in. Most teams have pretty much the same turnover. With many contracts often being just 2 or 3 years there is about one third of the playing staff who are new every season.)

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net