Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Lyon v Sale Sharks 20/10/
Posted by: Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 22:37

Back in the hotel from the game

All Sale players came over to the away fans post match which was very much appreciTed - James and Denny walked over closest.

I stated before the game I wasn't bothered if we win or lost but I did care if we put in a performance and the lads really did that.

Negatives - Haleys error rate was an absolute killer. One of their tries seemed to come from an attacking player who jumped quite blsntanatly into to tackle and that followed one of their tries which came from a knock on. However regardless of the ref we barely had much terrority possession and seemed hugely adverse to any tactical kicking.

Final point for those wondering why Pearce. He come on, missed a seemingly easy tackle which they scored from and they got all momentum from that moment

Super effort from all players

Re: Lyon v Sale Sharks 20/10/2017
Posted by: maccshark (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 22:48

Simon O bought the fans a drink post game.

Top effort Sale, and well done to the traveling supporters.

Posted by: clutch (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 23:16

Hoped to hear about the game. Instead I get nonsense bickering!

Posted by: Olyy (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 09:01

Followed the game on Twitter - pregame I'd have snapped your arm off for three tries and to be within 3pts.
Sounds like an immense defensive effort, up until the two late tries (one under a cloud of dubious legality from what I gather).

Can anyone who was there comment on how the scrum went? From the Twitter updates it sounded like the the Harrison/Webber/WG.John front row was demolishing the Lyon pack, turning over or getting penalties at most scrums.

Posted by: Cap'n Major Bloodnok (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 09:36

Scrum was pretty solid. Never went backwards and forced one penalty against LOU.

Can I just say, in case anyone looks at the last 10 minutes and thinks otherwise, that this was no capitulation. Sale were under the cosh for the whole game against a very strong team. The defence was impeccable give the circumstances and the tries were pure opportunism, executed superbly. I was proud of that performance.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/101/101_0_1475852289.jpghttp://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1011155763860.jpg
Somewhere in the South Stand

Posted by: HaleShark (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 10:02

Quote:
clutch
Hoped to hear about the game. Instead I get nonsense bickering!

Absolutely, an example of the very worst of this board at times.

Anyway, back to the match. I'd be interested to hear how WG John and Sam Moore performed and did Aaron Reed come on?

Posted by: Tigger (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 13:53

Highlights....

[www.dailymotion.com]

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/10/2017 13:55 by Tigger.

Posted by: FarnhamShark (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 14:45

I was impressed with Will-Griff - scrum was very solid, and he did his share of tackling. Both John and Tarus are looking good, so Aulika had better get fit asap! Moore wasn't conspicuous, but equally was never noticeably out of his depth either - at a pretty hard place to make your debut! Reed didn't get on.

Date: 22 October, 2017 10:22

Just watched the highlights. Where is this outrageous jump into the tackle?
Also what is the world record no of interceptions in a club season. We are gonna smash it.

Posted by: PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2017 10:58

Obviously can't get much of a feel for the game from those highlights, but we did take the tries well. I saw no sign of a any jump into a tackle for that last try (may have happened earlier I suppose), but did look like a big knock on in the build up to the penultimate try, but ref indicated it went backwards.

There is far too much talk about good ball and bad ball. In my opinion, good ball is when you have possession and bad ball is when the opposition have it." - R.I.P. Dickie Jeeps 25/11/1931 - 08/10/2016

Posted by: camshark (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2017 11:46

The jump into the tackle was the phase before the highlights.

Posted by: ashtonshark (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2017 12:21

Just a fleeting one night trip with a rather stressful outward journey but it was worth it.

Lovely city, great effort from the team and great time after the game at the ground. Those Lyon fans know how to party!

Feel proud of the team's performance but slightly frustrated that we didn't win after being 14 points up with 15 minutes to go. Through the beer fuelled haze the jump into the tackle prior to thier last try looked like a bit of hurdling that Colin Jackson would have been proud of. Need to see a reply to see if that is true or it was just one-eyed beer vision.

In fairness they were the better side and we were really up against it in the second half

Posted by: Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2017 12:52

If anyone watches the full match and posts when it happened - itís their sub who wore a distinctive yellow scrum cap with a build like itoje (slimmer) who did it.

Perhaps the players like the fans assumed it would be a pen so switched off, unsurprisingly the ref signaled for a review when the try was scored but most surprisingly the try was given.

The try before from where we sat looked a knock on and from the reply highlights still looked a knock on.

However we spent so long defending we put ourselves under constant pressure. We barely had the ball second half - the stats will be interesting.

Some beer hazed match memories. Ross H gets through so much work itís untrue. Faf seems everywhere was constantly communcating with the ref, seemed a great choice of captain for the fixture. James is playing just great rugby. For a small chap JOC isnít shy in the tackle area, he really gets stuck in and looks at ease ball in hand.

Moving back to the Prem. JOC at 10 doesnít seem any better or worse than AJ. I would prefer AJ at 10 and use JOCís talent at full back. Jennings and James are putting together a great centre partnership so wouldnít mess with the that. Key concerns in is that anyone with a big pack will keep it tight and just eventually break us down

Highly recommend Lyon as a place to visit. Absolutely stunning

Posted by: camshark (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2017 13:19

Quote:
Surbiton Shark
If anyone watches the full match and posts when it happened - itís their sub who wore a distinctive yellow scrum cap with a build like itoje (slimmer) who did it.
Perhaps the players like the fans assumed it would be a pen so switched off, unsurprisingly the ref signaled for a review when the try was scored but most surprisingly the try was given.

The try before from where we sat looked a knock on and from the reply highlights still looked a knock on.

However we spent so long defending we put ourselves under constant pressure. We barely had the ball second half - the stats will be interesting.

Some beer hazed match memories. Ross H gets through so much work itís untrue. Faf seems everywhere was constantly communcating with the ref, seemed a great choice of captain for the fixture. James is playing just great rugby. For a small chap JOC isnít shy in the tackle area, he really gets stuck in and looks at ease ball in hand.

Moving back to the Prem. JOC at 10 doesnít seem any better or worse than AJ. I would prefer AJ at 10 and use JOCís talent at full back. Jennings and James are putting together a great centre partnership so wouldnít mess with the that. Key concerns in is that anyone with a big pack will keep it tight and just eventually break us down

Highly recommend Lyon as a place to visit. Absolutely stunning

👌Agreed 100%

Posted by: wrinklieshark (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2017 14:21

Brilliant weekend. Great match, very friendly and helpful locals. Super meals, open top bus tour of the city , funicular to the basilica and roman museum and amphitheatres. It''s a lovely city. The lyon supporters are going to find the AJBell a bit of a disappointment!

Posted by: iBozz (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2017 14:40

Quote:
wrinklieshark
Brilliant weekend. Great match, very friendly and helpful locals. Super meals, open top bus tour of the city , funicular to the basilica and roman museum and amphitheatres. It''s a lovely city. The lyon supporters are going to find the AJBell a bit of a disappointment!

Rhubarb!

A closed top bus tour from Cadishead to Shude Hill and back along the picturesque and romantic A57, a tour of Dumplington Sewage Farm followed by a gourmet meal at a mobile burger bar.

What's not to like?

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Date: 22 October, 2017 15:33

Above everything having a stable centre partnership is key to the defensive structure. Haley has been playing well of late so I'd just leave O Connnor at 10 for now. Early days so far.

Posted by: DaveAitch (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2017 15:43

Quote:
....unsurprisingly the ref signaled for a review when the try was scored but most surprisingly the try was given.

It's not that surprising the try was given. The general trend now is that there has to be really compelling evidence to disallow a score as it is believed that what, and perhaps the only thing, the public wants to see is more tries.

Posted by: DaveAitch (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2017 15:58

If the 'knock on' was the incident around 2:10 (Dailymotion highlights), then it wasn't a knock on. It went forwards after it hit the ground, but that has no bearing on it.

Posted by: MartWhit (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2017 20:31

I like surbitons thinking. Aj at 10 and jOC at 15.

Pack still needs beef. We seem to have stopped conceding weak tries, but we remain incapable of applying enough pressure via physical tackling and line speed to force opponent errors or kicks. Thus we spen far too long defending.

Still. This was a good performance and respectable result. We should have been able to hold on for victory but arenít smart enough or deep enough to do that yet. This was a decent point won. Last week was 2/3 dropped against a weakened Toulouse. So weíre still behind par points wise and need to pluck a pair of wins bs Cardiff to be back on track.

Current Page: 5 of 6
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net