Eight games left and only five points off a playoff spot...
Posted by: 1972shark (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2018 19:35

Thoughts?

Re: Eight games left and only five points off a playoff spot...
Posted by: thekeg (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2018 19:38

I donít think we are consistent enough, unless we really get on the roll away from home I think 6th would be the best realistic outcome

Posted by: StalyShark (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2018 20:05

We don't have the easiest run in. Of those left I'd say only Worcester (H) and possibly Newcastle (A) Northampton (A) and Leicester (H) we could argue to be favourites for. In the away games we are going to have to play out of our skins! Top 6 is the realistic best I think with what we have atm. Absolutely must get bonus points against Sarries, Bath and Exeter.

Add AJ and Rohan and I'd back us against a few more!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2018 20:11 by StalyShark.

Posted by: DaveAitch (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2018 20:26

It's also eight games left and only five points off 9th place, as Sale, in terms of points, are in the middle of that mid-table six. A good run and even 4th is possible, a bad run and several clubs can overtake. One would assume Northampton and Worcester will be slugging it out for 10th and 11th, but coming into the weekend how many would have backed Worcester to beat Exeter? Until something is a mathematical impossibility it remains a possibility, but I think I'd go along with thekeg.

Posted by: MartWhit (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2018 20:36

a lot hangs on this block of 4 games. We got the best start this weekend, but we need to take good poojtns from the remaining 3, 2 away from home and one vs Sarries.

Posted by: LJK (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2018 22:10

I know the media love to start talking about the 'run in' to the season end from now on, but with more than a third of the games still to play, it seems far too early to predict anything with any great certainty.
I love the look of the table now with SS at 6, but realistically can't see us staying there, and I still feel we will end up about 8th. The injuries toll on the small squad will not help, especially if there is any more. If Rohan was still around, or the much talked about short term cover player(s) had arrived, after several 'announcements' a few weeks ago, it might be different.
Anyway for now I'll take the fact that the Sale 'climb up the table' was noted on TV today after the Quins/Wasps game, as very nice to hear

Posted by: StalyShark (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2018 22:26

Quote:
LJK
I know the media love to start talking about the 'run in' to the season end from now on, but with more than a third of the games still to play, it seems far too early to predict anything with any great certainty.
I love the look of the table now with SS at 6, but realistically can't see us staying there, and I still feel we will end up about 8th. The injuries toll on the small squad will not help, especially if there is any more. If Rohan was still around, or the much talked about short term cover player(s) had arrived, after several 'announcements' a few weeks ago, it might be different.
Anyway for now I'll take the fact that the Sale 'climb up the table' was noted on TV today after the Quins/Wasps game, as very nice to hear

I donít think thereís actually that much quality short term cover out there. The Rohan situation was a win win all round and unlikely to be found again. Exactly what we, he and the Lions (other than him seeing if the grass is greener) needed. Super rugby starts next week I think so there arenít many likely candidates who arenít already taken. Only ones I can think of are Giteau and Quade. Giteau Iím sure many of us wouldnít mind paying the £ for as he could be a steady 10 and kicker, Cooper is more of the ďGod knowsĒ what would happen?! With our back line I donít think heíd work. AJís interview said heís hoping to be back by Worcester on 24/03. Three games until then so would any of them be worth it? Maybe JOC had a word whilst he was in Oz.

Posted by: Monty9 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 10:16

I personally think we will finish 7/8th, with our remaining games 6th just seems slightly too optimistic even for me at the moment. A win against Sarries and then Bath could certainly change that.

I think for this season though 7/8th would be decent return building for a real crack at top 4 next season. Remember it was as recent as December when some on here still had us in a relegation battle.

Posted by: philthefluter (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 16:12

Top Four finish? Somewhere between a dog's chance, a cat-in-hells chance and no %$£&^( chance.

Top six also unlikely looking at our run-in but it would be nice. Champions Cup is just so much better than the mickey mouse cup we were in this season.

Posted by: Mrs Trellis of North Wales (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 17:00

The Champions' Cup should bring in bigger crowds.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4248/34452231260_b77f3695e4_t.jpg
Dis mus be da place

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net