Current Page: 1 of 4
Team vs Sarries
Posted by: StalyShark (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 10:02

Such a crucial game for us with our Top Six aspirations, it will be a real litmus test of how the subsequent two away games may go. A win against a still strong Sarries team and Bath and Saints away wonít seem quite as daunting, a loss and we will be in a real mid table dog fight.

The team we put out depends so much on who is coming back in and is fit. Weíre likely to get Denny and Andrei back, Byron may still be injured as could JOC and Yarde. Hopefully, theyíll be able to play some part as we did look callow in the backs. On a side note, Ouke James at 18 years old could be as good a prospect as Redpath but we havenít heard as much brouhaha about him, solid on Saturday.

Thus, team may be:

Harrison
Webber
John
Bryn
Josh
Jono
Curry
Strauss
Faf
James S
Charnley/Yarde if fit
Jennings
Addison
Denny
Haley/ JOC if fit

Jones
Flynn
Halani
Andrei/Nott
TJ
Cliff
Uninjured back 1 Yarde/Charnley
Unijured back 2 Haley/JOC

Looking forward to these next few games, letís just hope the curse of BT Sport doesnít strike again!

Re: Team vs Sarries
Posted by: MartWhit (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 10:07

We've done pretty well vs Sarries in recent years. They will still have a strong side, but certainly one that we can take on with our best side, at home.

Posted by: StalyShark (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 10:15

They had a pretty decent team out at the weekend, the depth they have in the second row is unbelievable! We would love to have any of their four locks and a Skelton is exactly what we need. If we have our returnees/niggles back Iíd back us at home. The team from Saturday Iím not so sure.

Saracens: Goode; Williams, Bosch, Barritt (capt), Wyles; Lozowski, Spencer; Barrington, Tolofua, Koch, Skelton, Isiekwe, Clark, Burger, Wray.

Replacements: Spurling, Thompson-Stringer, Figallo, Earl, Vailanu, Whiteley, Malins, Earle.

Posted by: shaftesbury shark (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 10:27

He'll probably have a stormer now but I don't really rate Skelton. I wouldn't have him if it was up to me.

Isiekwe on the other hand... Yes, he look's quite good :-)

Posted by: Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 10:46

Really need Jennings to start 12. Nott made a real impression on Sat so be good to have him on the bench.

If JOC is back would prefer him to Haley who just seems to be having too many wobbles - ditto Jones with his lineout throwing so would use Neild.

Be good to have the more physical presence of Denny or Yarde on one of the wings

Posted by: Crutch (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 12:34

Jennings is not a patch on RJVR though, whoever plays we're going to suffer for a lack of gain line impact there.

Of course Sam J started the season at 12 but then largely played 13 with Will injured or 10 when required.

Date: 12 February, 2018 12:50

Well as he's playing at 10, we miss Sam James at 13 dont we?

Posted by: Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 13:27

Jennings was going great early season and he was impressive again on his little cameo Saturday - appreciate he's not RJVR but wouldn't totally agree he's not a patch on him

Think the team need to be clear on Jennings role. He's often used as a decoy or he seems to get the ball and tries to pass. If he literally just boshes up the middle no questions, no hesitation and we use him a bit more then I think it would benefit the team. His record of injuries however leaves us pretty short with absolutely no sign of Leoto playing for us again!

Posted by: Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 13:41

Quote:
StalyShark
Such a crucial game for us with our Top Six aspirations, it will be a real litmus test of how the subsequent two away games may go. A win against a still strong Sarries team and Bath and Saints away wonít seem quite as daunting, a loss and we will be in a real mid table dog fight.

Totally agree that this is a really crucial game, so despite the fact that it's on a Friday, it will be cold and dark and it's on TV, it would really help if as many supporters as possible come along to get behind the team.....

Date: 12 February, 2018 13:56

you didn't mention the inevitable rain?

Posted by: DaveAitch (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 14:40

Quote:
Grumpy Old Shark
....this is a really crucial game, so despite the fact that it's on a Friday, it will be cold and dark and it's on TV, it would really help if as many supporters as possible come along to get behind the team.....
I don't disagree, GOS, but the three I come with made an executive decision to give it a miss - not because it's on TV, nor that it's a Friday night but rather that it's a top dollar game which is likely to be shorn of its main Saracens stars.

Posted by: Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 15:44

Quote:
DaveAitch
Quote:
Grumpy Old Shark
....this is a really crucial game, so despite the fact that it's on a Friday, it will be cold and dark and it's on TV, it would really help if as many supporters as possible come along to get behind the team.....
I don't disagree, GOS, but the three I come with made an executive decision to give it a miss - not because it's on TV, nor that it's a Friday night but rather that it's a top dollar game which is likely to be shorn of its main Saracens stars.

I think they'll only be missing their 3 starters from the game at twickenham, so Farrell, itoje and mako V not involved, but I think kruis and george might be involved.

Posted by: Chris1850 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 16:21

Quote:
Irish_Shark
Quote:
DaveAitch
Quote:
Grumpy Old Shark

I think they'll only be missing their 3 starters from the game at twickenham, so Farrell, itoje and mako V not involved, but I think kruis and george might be involved.

There is also Wigglesworth who may possibly be involved, and Maitland who presumably wont.

Posted by: Mrs Trellis of North Wales (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 16:28

I doubt if any of the 25 retained for the wales game will feature in the Sarries game.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4248/34452231260_b77f3695e4_t.jpg
Dis mus be da place

Posted by: stevene (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 16:43

I would like:

Haley
Addison
JOC
Jennings
Solomona
James
De Klerk
Harrison
Webber
John
Evans
Beaumont
Ross
Curry
Strauss

Flynn
Langdon
Aulika
Ostrikov
Nott
Cliff
Charnley
Yarde

I think we will get

JOC
charnley / yarde
Addison
Jennings
Solomona
James
De Klerk
Harrison
Webber
John
Evans
Beaumont
Ross
Curry
Strauss

Flynn
Jones
Aulika
Ostrikov
Nield
Nott
Cliff
Yarde / paolo

Posted by: clutch (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 17:02

I agree with both your teams stevene though I think it would be harsh to drop Charnley.

Re Jennings. Depends on how people define not a patch on.

Itís nice when looking at predictions for big games that I can safely skip the pack cause we are all in agreeement.

Posted by: Crutch (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 17:28

I define it this way - RJVR is a top 4 player, he could start for any team in this league.

Jennings has come on and proved me wrong that he's a premiership standard player, but he's only a premiership starter for a 10-12 place team, and a squad player for a 5-9th place team.

All IMO of course but that's how I see it, and the gulf in performance with RJVR is there for all to see.

No problem with Jennings in the squad although long term if we're genuinely looking to top 4 I think we'd need better, even in reserve. Not all our young players will be good enough to help the club make that step - that's the dilemma of greater ambition.

Posted by: Jim 55 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 19:03

Quote:
Chris1850
Quote:
Irish_Shark
Quote:
DaveAitch
Quote:
Grumpy Old Shark

There is also Wigglesworth who may possibly be involved, and Maitland who presumably wont.

This weeks game is outside the RW window so we would expect to have Maitland back plus Williams will be in the frame whether Wales want him back or not.

Posted by: stevene (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 19:13

Jennings may not be RJVR but our performance versus Irish showed the need for someone/ anyone to straighten our attacking line in the backs.

I agree dropping charnley is harsh but Addison is our best winger. Solomona is an England squad member and our best out and out finisher. It's not a reflection on josh but reality that when everyone is fit he is probably fourth choice at present. He needs more performances like versus Irish when he gets his chance.

The pack pretty much picks itself at present.

Posted by: Mrs Trellis of North Wales (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 20:05

When was the last time Solomona scored a try?

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4248/34452231260_b77f3695e4_t.jpg
Dis mus be da place

Current Page: 1 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net