NEW FPS The Centre of it all
Posted by: Tigger (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 05:03

The Centre of it all

Thank you NorthernMaori for this....I have one more story in the bank which will take us to the second week in July....then nothing.

[ED}PS VERY IMPORTANT!!!! This story has references to two gentlemen from Ulster. If anyone turns this into another version of the countless Jackson/Olding threads there will be bans! [ED}

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

Re: NEW FPS The Centre of it all
Posted by: Major Bloodnok (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 20:42

I think that's a pretty good summary of the situation. Can't really argue with much of it at all. I'd love to see van Cannonball and Sam James at 12/13 next season...

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/101/101_0_1475852289.jpghttp://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1011155763860.jpg
Somewhere in the South Stand

Posted by: PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2018 04:05

Agreed, not a great deal to argue with. My only grumble, and it is minor, is the labeling of Leota as a bosher. I think he has much better hands than he is usually given credit for. We have plenty of reasons to be optimistic about our options in the centres in the near future, but there is, no doubt, an immediate need to fill an RJVR shaped hole.

Unhappiness, where's when I was young
And we didn't give a damn
'Cause we were raised
To see life as a fun and take it if we can

Posted by: Crutch (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2018 06:56

Never before have I anticipated a signing so much - it'll be celebration time or massive let down...

Posted by: ale shark (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2018 07:30

Is there not a danger that we’re getting slightly obsessed over RJVR? He had 3-4 decent games for us and hasn’t done much since. He’s a fantastic player but we shouldn’t be pinning our hopes on him single handedly dragging us into the top six, we need a better front five and a startable back-up 9 for that to happen.

When playing well I think we’re a better team than Quins, Bath and Saints and with Newcastle and Gloucester in the champions cup we’ve got an excellent chance finishing 4-6th but if our plan is to start next season with Cliff (who was better last season than I’ve previously given him credit for) and a schoolboy at 9 then things could unravel pretty quick.

Date: 15 June, 2018 10:33

That is true Ale, and I'd like to think that our other recruitment is looking to deal with those concerns.

However, the importance of RJVR for me (or another player with similar attributes) is that it's really the missing part of our team. We lack weight in general, and especially in the backs. He helps take some carrying burden away from the forwards, and also pins defences in a more narrow channel giving more space for when we go wide. It's no surprise to me that AJ looked best last year whilst RJVR was outside him.

He wouldn't necessarily be such an important signing for other teams based on their existing personnel, but for Sale I really think he is the key that can push us on substantially.

Posted by: clutch (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2018 11:03

Pretty confident we would have made top 6 at worst with him.

Posted by: MartWhit (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2018 12:42

Agree totally with Crutch's last para. He's an absolute key for us n our system. He's he perfect foil for AJ/Sam J.

Had he stayed last year, its inconceivable to think that he wouldnt have turned at least one of the frustrating narrow losses into a win, et voila, top 6.

Posted by: ale shark (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2018 14:27

yeah, sorry, meant top 4 not top 6.

Date: 15 June, 2018 17:01

If he signs then I'll be putting a reasonably substantial bet on us finishing top 4!

Posted by: clutch (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2018 17:34

Steady on

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net