Current Page: 1 of 3
Fans Bar
Posted by: wrinklieshark (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2018 21:49

From the Salford Red Devils site:

Salford Red Devils can confirm that the Fans Bar area will now be closed on gamedays with the AJ Bell Stadium renting the area out as office space.

Toilet facilities will be available in the South Stand

Re: Fans Bar
Posted by: StalyShark (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2018 22:03

If they don’t own the stadium how so?

Posted by: M5 Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2018 23:05

It's the stadium company who have rented out the space
[www.rightmove.co.uk]

I'm sure SS had little say in the matter, but the fans bar did provide warmth for those arriving early in the winter months.

Posted by: yukon (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 09:26

Quote:
M5 Shark
It's the stadium company who have rented out the space
[www.rightmove.co.uk]

I'm sure SS had little say in the matter, but the fans bar did provide warmth for those arriving early in the winter months.

And facilities for one to relieve one's self after a long journey to the match!

Posted by: JohnJ of HM (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 09:45

Not only that, it's a much more pleasant bar to drink in than the marquee bar which is much too noisy to have a decent conversation.

Posted by: WhatKatySaid (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 11:16

I can't imagine this is anything we need to worry about, if it was Sale would have already announced it. It'll be a Salford only thing as we actually use that space, I don't think Salford do...

Posted by: Rani of the Road (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 11:24

From what I have seen on the right move thing above, if they're renting the space out as an office do you really think that they'll push all the desks to the back of the room on our match days? It's an office space! If it's rented out then it's no longer for anyone to use, so the marquee it is. Just hope the stadium sort the toilets out for the start of our season.

Posted by: iBozz (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 11:49

It’s at times like this tha we miss Swanny who would come om here and clarify the situation. Love or loathe Swanny he did keep us ijformed andmit is a pity that a small number of posters criticised him personally when they disagreed with what he was sayimg.

I think that the Club let themselves down rather badly by not engaging on here Nd posting “publicbservice” information.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Posted by: MikeGC (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 12:27

[quote iBozz] Love or loathe Swanny[quote]

Swanny and I had our disagreements on a few issues but it was always "gentlemanly" and handled professionally (by Swanny)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2018 12:29 by MikeGC.

Posted by: Mrs Trellis of North Wales (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 13:04

Just fyi Swanny's been quite poorly since his services were no longer required with several spells in hospital. A day out with Carole to Chester Zoo has been his best day of the year so far.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4248/34452231260_b77f3695e4_t.jpg
Dis mus be da place

Posted by: iBozz (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 14:44

Quote:
MikeGC
Quote:
iBozz
Love or loathe Swanny

Swanny and I had our disagreements on a few issues but it was always "gentlemanly" and handled professionally (by Swanny)

Me too, Mike. Seeing eye to eye with Swanny wasn’t always possible but any storms in tea-cups were soon(ish) over.

Quote:
Mrs Trellis of North Wales
Just fyi Swanny's been quite poorly since his services were no longer required with several spells in hospital. A day out with Carole to Chester Zoo has been his best day of the year so far.

Sorry to hear that, Mrs T.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2018 14:45 by iBozz.

Posted by: MikeGC (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 14:46

Quote:
Mrs Trellis of North Wales

get well soon, Swanny

Posted by: Yonah (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2018 11:21

Sale Sharks Statement and link

Sale Sharks can confirm that the Club will no longer have use of the 'Fans Bar' area at the AJ Bell Stadium.

Since being informed of the Stadium Company's decision to seek further commercial revenue from this area, Sale Sharks have done everything possible to retain the use of this facility for fans on match-days. Unfortunately, we have been unsuccessful in our negotiations.

The Stadium Company are remodeling the community changing area to create toilet facilities for the outside marquee area, and our commercial department is currently in negotiations with INTU Trafford Centre to provide added benefits for supporters and enhance our already successful free shuttle bus service.

The club is committed to providing a high-quality match day experience for supporters and we are working hard with partners to make alternative arrangements.

For further information please contact info@salesharks.com.

Posted by: Signsurfer (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2018 12:09

Seems a shame that, call me old fashioned but I like a 'Clubhouse' of sorts, with a bit of history on the walls. It wasn't much but was all we had.
Going to be difficult to replicate that in a noisy, cold tent in the middle of winter!

Posted by: 23Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2018 12:43

Feel like this might be the nail in the coffin for the AJ Bell, what better way to alienate your tenants than to take away their fans bar

Posted by: M5 Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2018 13:44

The club maybe able to open up one of the unused hospitality areas. Logistically that may be difficult as we'd need an area without access to west stand hospitality, and the ground (ie: Need to exit West Stand and use regular turnstiles).

Can't think of many other optipns? The marquee is ok but won't be good for the fans bar overflow

Posted by: DaveAitch (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2018 13:49

Of course, it is fine making noises about finding somewhere else to try to get a better deal with the AJ Bell, as appeared to be happening not too long ago. Unfortunately maybe the AJ Bell has called the bluff and so has looked for other sources of income.

I echo the above sentiments about Swanny.

Swanny, if you do still read this, I hope your ills are behind you as we speak, Get well soon.

Posted by: Yareet (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2018 14:05

Quote:
DaveAitch
Swanny, if you do still read this, I hope your ills are behind you as we speak, Get well soon.

For anyone on Twitter, Swanny is still very active there - @swannymediaman

Posted by: Dougal007 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2018 21:28

The stadium is a concrete shed. The public transport is rubbish. We will have to stand in the cold before the game. Why should i renew
my season ticket?

Posted by: ashtonshark (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2018 22:07

Quote:
Dougal007
The stadium is a concrete shed. The public transport is rubbish. We will have to stand in the cold before the game. Why should i renew
my season ticket?

To watch a team that includes De Klerk, O'Connor, Janse Van rensburg, McGinty, Yarde, Solomona, Srauss, Ross, Curry and Ashton play rugby

Or is that not enough?

Yes, the fans bar is annoying but focus on what's on the pitch not the bar. Unless what happens on the pitch is the lowest of your priorities

And its not just a concrete shed. It has had it access problems which are now massively improved and its the best pitch in the league with great viewing and standing for those who want it

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net