Current Page: 1 of 2
Squad for Prem Sevens?
Posted by: Hirdyshark (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2018 17:42

With the sevens tournament coming up on friday, was just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the squad we might be put out? Hoping it's mainly the young lads that get an opportunity and we don't feel the need to bring in anyone from outside the club setup like we did last year. Some players I'd like to see include:

Odogwu
Reed
L James
Wilkinson
Sturgess
Doherty
Langdon
Dolly

Along with a few of the other younger academy lads such as Tom Curtis, Tom Roebuck, Tom Walsh etc.

Re: Squad for Prem Sevens?
Posted by: johneverton (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2018 19:09

To be announced at noon tomorrow and no 'outsiders'.... :-)

Posted by: Barend (IP Logged)
Date: 25 July, 2018 11:51

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Di8nKI_WsAAsTv6?format=jpg

Posted by: StalyShark (IP Logged)
Date: 25 July, 2018 11:55

Shame Redpath is injury as he looked a different class at Rosslyn Park 7s.

Posted by: clutch (IP Logged)
Date: 25 July, 2018 13:13

Look forward to catching it.

Posted by: Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 26 July, 2018 05:38

Anyone know if it's on TV - it used to be on BT Sport and I think last year moved to one of the ITV channels?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/07/2018 06:50 by Surbiton Shark.

Posted by: 2007dwain (IP Logged)
Date: 26 July, 2018 06:43

Think itís still on bt sport

Posted by: C3Q (IP Logged)
Date: 26 July, 2018 07:35

From the Offy:

All Friday's action is being shown live on BT Sport 2.

Saturday's live TV action switches to BT Sport 3

Posted by: Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 27 July, 2018 17:01

We just beat brizz with Odogwu, Reed and Wilkinson impressing. We play harlequins later but we'll likely make 1/4 finals with that win.

Posted by: Barend (IP Logged)
Date: 27 July, 2018 19:32

2 mins in against Quins, currently Sale up 7-0 (try by Reed).

Great to see Simon Orange in the role of head cheerleader too, even on the pitch at half time.

As I type, Tom Roebuck just scored too so now 14-0. Quins hammered Bristol in their game too so it bodes well.

Posted by: Mrs Trellis of North Wales (IP Logged)
Date: 27 July, 2018 19:47

lost 21 - 24

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4248/34452231260_b77f3695e4_t.jpg
Dis mus be da place

Posted by: MartWhit (IP Logged)
Date: 27 July, 2018 20:05

final penalty against an absolute travesty of refereeing. should have won.

Posted by: Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 27 July, 2018 20:17

Not passing in the first half with a 2 man overlap including Paulo was the killer. If we scored that we would have won.

Super effort from both teams.

Date: 27 July, 2018 20:42

Missed it. Hopefully our referring shockers will be used up in the 7s this year. Not sure I can stomach another season of them.

Posted by: Hirdyshark (IP Logged)
Date: 27 July, 2018 23:07

Lads did really well, some great effort on attack and defense. Impressed by Odogwu, Reed, Wilkinson and Dugdale in particular while Doherty looked good putting in some big hits before he went off (HIA?). Good to see Briggsy getting the coaching role. On to Falcons now in the cup quarter finals.

Posted by: Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 28 July, 2018 07:03

From what I saw on twitter, we were stitched up in both games by reffing decisions - Reed getting a yellow for what sounded like a deliberate knock-on which Sam James complained about. His suggestion was that Reed had to go for it - was it a fair card in peopleís opinion?

Posted by: MikeGC (IP Logged)
Date: 28 July, 2018 07:48

Quote:
Pappje Shark
From what I saw on twitter, we were stitched up in both games by reffing decisions - Reed getting a yellow for what sounded like a deliberate knock-on which Sam James complained about. His suggestion was that Reed had to go for it - was it a fair card in peopleís opinion?

I thought the card in the Bristol game was for a high tackle preventing a try scoring opportunity. Yellow Card and penalty try. Seemed fair, as did the Bristol lad's yellow. Stitched up but won - bizarre comment
Not seen the Quims game yet.

Posted by: johneverton (IP Logged)
Date: 28 July, 2018 08:24

Quarter Final v.Newcastle Falcons at 2.53pm this afternoon. Live on BT Sport 3.

Posted by: Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 28 July, 2018 08:35

Quote:
MikeGC
Quote:
Pappje Shark

I thought the card in the Bristol game was for a high tackle preventing a try scoring opportunity. Yellow Card and penalty try. Seemed fair, as did the Bristol lad's yellow. Stitched up but won - bizarre comment
Not seen the Quims game yet.

Ah ok Mike - I didnít see it and from the few tweets I saw, a knock-on seemed the most likely offence.

Stitched up was more a reference to the Quins game and the comments thereof - I did look at it before I pressed submit but tbh I couldnít be fished to change it. I know we beat Bris but it was more in the general context of decisions going against unfairly. But if it was a fair yellow then it doesnít apply.

Hereís hoping the boys go well today.

Date: 28 July, 2018 14:16

We looked well coached but not enough quality and no pace in the team which you really need for 7s. Some poor tackling from some of the players as well.

Silly sport 7s!!!

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net