Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Squad for Prem Sevens?
Posted by: LJK (IP Logged)
Date: 28 July, 2018 14:35

Very negative clutch. Only beaten in the last play by Quins and took one of the favourites, in Falcons, to extra time! Could have won both bar for late errors probably down to fatigue. Some serious pace from Reed and Odogwu and strength in defence by many of them. Well played lads

Posted by: MartWhit (IP Logged)
Date: 28 July, 2018 14:46

I think theres plenty for these lads to be proud of. I disagree about the lack of pace. Not everyone in the 7 will have the pace to go the length, but in Reed and Odogwu we had 2 of the better ones.

We've narrowly lost to 2 of the better teams here IMO. Could have had more composure to win both, but theres no quality deficit there.

Posted by: clutch (IP Logged)
Date: 28 July, 2018 14:46

Wasnít being negative. That was the reality. We should have won comfortably from the positions we had but we didnít quite have the nowse to do so. Lots of effort though.

Pablo doesnít have pace. Heís got good feet and quick off the mark but he beat about 15 defenders and never threatened the line. Think heís too big as well.

Thought dugdale looked good and the other big lad who made some good yardage.

Thatís what Iím more interested in. No interest in 7s but great to watch some lads with potential.

Date: 28 July, 2018 15:41

Is that it or are there more Sale games?

Posted by: thekeg (IP Logged)
Date: 28 July, 2018 18:00

Quote:
MartWhit
I think theres plenty for these lads to be proud of. I disagree about the lack of pace. Not everyone in the 7 will have the pace to go the length, but in Reed and Odogwu we had 2 of the better ones.
We've narrowly lost to 2 of the better teams here IMO. Could have had more composure to win both, but theres no quality deficit there.

Problem was that reed went off early in the 1/4 final. After that I think clutch is right that we did lack a bit of pace, but a good effort from a young squad

Date: 28 July, 2018 18:31

Watching the highlights Odogwu showed good gas against Bristol so probably unfair. However based on the quarter final i donít think he has the top speed of others. Though thatís not necessarily an issue for the 15 game.

Posted by: Ripshark (IP Logged)
Date: 28 July, 2018 23:14

Been out this evening and cannot seem to find the results of the semis and final. Can someone put the results up- it would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Date: 28 July, 2018 23:24

Wasps beat Newcastle. Sarries beat Quins.

Sarries won final.

No idea who won the plate final

Posted by: johneverton (IP Logged)
Date: 28 July, 2018 23:27

Semis: Wasps 33-24 Falcons; Saracens 29-21 Quins
Final Saracens 33-12 Wasps

Glaws won the plate

Posted by: Ripshark (IP Logged)
Date: 29 July, 2018 00:25

Sounds like a one sided final. Thanks for the info.
The Sale lads should be proud but I bet they feel a tad frustrated to lose as they did to Quins and Newcastle. Thatís the addiction to watching sport.
Hereís to next year....

Date: 29 July, 2018 11:21

Gets our narrow losses out of the way early!

Date: 02 August, 2018 19:36

Just watched the Quins highlights. Urgh. Breakdown refereeing farce cost us 3 tries.

Posted by: Buzzboy (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2018 18:03

[quote Ripshark]Sounds like a one sided final. Thanks for the info.

It was. We ran out of steam and players. Only had 8 fit players (?) for final and one of our star players at the breakdown Will W? name escapes me, got taken out early on at a ruck (suspicion of illegally but no card) and had to leave the field.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net