Curry Broken
Posted by: C3Q (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2018 00:00

Another injury on International duty.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Why canít we play all 22 Premiership rounds and then do Europe, Cups and Internationals.......not a serious question so no need to answer. Itís just my frustration with the stop/start nature of the season.

Re: Curry Broken
Posted by: Mrs Trellis of North Wales (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2018 16:34

Out for the rest of the AI's.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4248/34452231260_b77f3695e4_t.jpg
Dis mus be da place

Posted by: Yareet (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2018 19:29

Quote:
C3Q
Another injury on International duty.
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Why canít we play all 22 Premiership rounds and then do Europe, Cups and Internationals.......not a serious question so no need to answer. Itís just my frustration with the stop/start nature of the season.

Because there are 24 Prem rounds?

Posted by: Major Bloodnok (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2018 20:40

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/101/101_0_1475852289.jpghttp://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1011155763860.jpg
Somewhere in the South Stand

Date: 07 November, 2018 09:32

Quote:
Major Bloodnok

Play 11 teams home and away.
Plus semi and final

Thatís 24

Posted by: Major Bloodnok (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2018 10:11

I'd argue that 'rounds' are what all the teams participate in. The other three games are an adjunct limited to a select set.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/101/101_0_1475852289.jpghttp://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1011155763860.jpg
Somewhere in the South Stand

Date: 07 November, 2018 10:50

Quote:
Major Bloodnok
I'd argue that 'rounds' are what all the teams participate in. The other three games are an adjunct limited to a select set.

But the original post was:

Quote:
C3Q

Why canít we play all 22 Premiership rounds and then do Europe, Cups and Internationals.

i.e. the Prem season is completed in one block. Which needs 24 game weeks.

But we have gone seriously off topic now 🤣

Posted by: Bradwall Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2018 15:52

I think the more important issue is the future health of professional Rugby players. Tom is only 20 but has already experienced a number of absences because of injury.

I worry that we have a generation of players who are destined for serious health issues in their 30's, 40's and onwards.

Posted by: H's Dad... (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2018 16:09

It would be interesting to monitor career length in Rugby Union in particular reference to premature ending due to injury. I expect careers are shorter and the effects of injury more profund.

Yareet I took C3Q's comments to refer to the 22 Premiership Rounds because that is what he posted (it made more sense as only 4 teams are involved thereafter in the knock-out final stages.) They could easily coincide with minor competitions final stages.
Why do you presume he meant something different?

Posted by: C3Q (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2018 18:15

Quote:
H's Dad
Yareet I took C3Q's comments to refer to the 22 Premiership Rounds because that is what he posted (it made more sense as only 4 teams are involved thereafter in the knock-out final stages.) They could easily coincide with minor competitions final stages.

Indeed they were my thoughts H's Dad.

Date: 07 November, 2018 22:06

Quote:
C3Q
Quote:
H's Dad

Indeed they were my thoughts H's Dad.

Happy to stand corrected.

Iíd understood you were looking at a re-structured season in blocks - Prem then Cup then Internationals.

As it stands, the Prem includes the two knockout rounds and so requires 24 weeks.

Iím not sure how a blocked season would work otherwise without having a stop/start nature.

Posted by: Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 08:50

Getting back to the original subject, does anyone have any information re Tomís injury or how long heís likely to be out of action?

Posted by: Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 09:56

4-6 weeks. Small test in ligament. Source Dimes twitter weekly update video.

Posted by: Newcastle under Lyme RUFC Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 11:21

Quote:
Surbiton Shark

Given the initial reports from England of a severe injury, I think this represents a pretty good outcome

Date: 08 November, 2018 12:37

Quote:
Surbiton Shark

Is that twice as long as Dimes' usual 2-3 weeks then? grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net