Sportnetwork privacy - utter lies & dishonesty
Posted by: Flumpty (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2018 08:13

I came across the above thread on the Budgies board the other day.

I'm aware that some people get very upset about how their online activity is monitored/used/sold (?) and I thought that it would be worth reposting.

So far, even though I'm "rejecting" all tracking options and then saving on exit, all the tracking options are then turned back on again at a later point.

Re: Sportnetwork privacy - utter lies & dishonesty
Posted by: bigfecker (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2018 09:13

Quote:
Flumpty
I came across the above thread on the Budgies board the other day.

I'm aware that some people get very upset about how their online activity is monitored/used/sold (?) and I thought that it would be worth reposting.

So far, even though I'm "rejecting" all tracking options and then saving on exit, all the tracking options are then turned back on again at a later point.

Woth it also to turn off all the companies they share your information off, there are quite a few.

Posted by: 23Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2018 09:48

I think it's only because the forums have been here for so long that people are sticking with SportsNetwork, Quins have moved away and I think we'll see others go too within the next year or so.

Would make sense to set up another forum where all the teams could move their forums to as I do quite like having all the boards in one place

Posted by: Chris1850 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2018 13:17

If I reject all tracking options and save on exit, it remembers my settings for next time if I subsequently press the back button to return to the forum rather than the 'I accept' pop up that appears

Posted by: iBozz (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2018 14:31

Where are these settings? I always use a VPN which should prevent tracking but there’s no harm in a belt and braces approach.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Date: 06 November, 2018 15:00

Quote:
iBozz
Where are these settings? I always use a VPN which should prevent tracking but there’s no harm in a belt and braces approach.

On a phone/tablet there is a blue box entitled 'privacy settings' in th bottom right of the screen

Posted by: Flumpty (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2018 15:04

Quote:
iBozz

the blue box in the bottom right corner, marked "Privacy settings"

Date: 06 November, 2018 17:02

When you select the Privacy Settings in the blue box, it takes you to another screen. Select 'Reject All' at the top, and then 'Save and Exit'. On the next screen, DO NOT press 'I Accept'. Instead, press the back button on your browser. This takes you back to the forum.

Then select 'Privacy Settings' again. This time select 'See Full Vendor List'. Select 'Reject All'. Then select 'Save and Exit'. On the next screen, again do not select 'I Accept' but press the back button on your browser to return to the forum.

Your settings will now be saved on that device. You will need to follow the same procedure for any other devices that you use to access the forum. However, once you have done this once for each device, you shouldn't have to do it again.

Hope this helps

Posted by: Major Bloodnok (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2018 17:17

As we've mentioned before, there seems to be absolutely minimal development work going on for this site and, sooner rather than later, it will break.

I'd suggest seeing if we can all find a new home before this one collapses around our ears.

As for privacy, I'd start with Ghostery and/or Privacy Badger (or other tracker blocker of your choice).

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/101/101_0_1475852289.jpghttp://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1011155763860.jpg
Somewhere in the South Stand

Posted by: Yareet (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2018 19:29

Quote:
Major Bloodnok
As we've mentioned before, there seems to be absolutely minimal development work going on for this site and, sooner rather than later, it will break.
I'd suggest seeing if we can all find a new home before this one collapses around our ears.

As for privacy, I'd start with Ghostery and/or Privacy Badger (or other tracker blocker of your choice).

Given the Quins’ site has been mentioned, I assume you’ve seen it [comeallwithin.createaforum.com]

As a fairly regular user, it’s pretty good. Seems to have a lot more functionality that SN.

Posted by: Major Bloodnok (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2018 20:45

That might be worth seriously considering. Maybe we should poll the other teams here and see who's interested.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/101/101_0_1475852289.jpghttp://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1011155763860.jpg
Somewhere in the South Stand

Posted by: 23Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2018 08:52

Please leave your views on this thread for the prospective new forum

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s101.htm?104,16447851

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2018 15:24 by 23Shark.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net