Current Page: 1 of 4
Team v Bath
Posted by: 23Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 30 November, 2018 11:27

Guessing WGJ wasn't badly injured then....

Sale Sharks: 15.Chris Ashton; 14.Denny Solomona, 13.Sam James, 12.James OíConnor, 11.Byron McGuigan; 10.Rob du Preez, 9.Faf de Klerk; 1.Ross Harrison, 2.Rob Webber, 3.WillGriff John, 4.Josh Beaumont, 5.James Phillips, 6.Jono Ross (capt.), 7.Ben Curry, 8.Jean-Luc du Preez.

Replacements: 16.Curtis Langdon, 17.Tom Bristow, 18.James Jones, 19.Andrei Ostrikov, 20.Bryn Evans, 21.Will Cliff, 22.Luke James, 23.Josh Strauss

Bath

15. Ruaridh McConnochie
14. Semesa Rokoduguni
13. Jackson Willison
12. Max Wright
11. Joe Cokanasiga
10. Freddie Burns
9. Kahn Fotualiíi
1. Nathan Catt
2. Jack Walker
3. Henry Thomas
4. Elliott Stooke
5. Charlie Ewels (c)
6. Francois Louw
7. Sam Underhill
8. Zach Mercer

Replacements

16. Ross Batty
17. Jacques van Rooyen
18. Max Lahiff
19. Matt Garvey
20. Tom Ellis
21. Will Chudley
22. James Wilson
23. Cooper Vuna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/11/2018 11:33 by 23Shark.

Re: Team v Bath
Posted by: jaytom (IP Logged)
Date: 30 November, 2018 11:32

A strong team! Here's hoping...

Posted by: ale shark (IP Logged)
Date: 30 November, 2018 11:34

Great team, starting to come together now, even the back half of the bench looks good for +30mins. Will be disappointed if there is any sort of capitulation with this line up.

Posted by: Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 30 November, 2018 11:45

Looks a good match up with both teams.

Bit of a shame Luke James is on the bench - he's been going really well lately. The luxury of having some choice for a change!

Posted by: clutch (IP Logged)
Date: 30 November, 2018 11:58

Itís a good team but weirdly I donít feel confident. For a start Reed and James replaced after playing so well feels a bit harsh. Also, for me the big positive of late was how exciting O Connor looked at 13 and now heís been moved. Good problems to have for the selectors through.
Evans not starting again. Must be a quota issue.

Posted by: thekeg (IP Logged)
Date: 30 November, 2018 12:02

With Evans they must also be thinking that Beaumont is in good form and they canít pick two lighter locks together. I think itís healthy if Beaumont is now ahead of him in the pecking order.

Harsh on the two young lads but they know they arenít first choice. They are getting plenty of opportunity to develop and will no doubt feature again soon, probably during 6N

Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 30 November, 2018 12:24

I thought WillGriff was stretchered off last week, looked serious

Posted by: Glossopshark (IP Logged)
Date: 30 November, 2018 12:36

Quote:
clutch
Itís a good team but weirdly I donít feel confident. For a start Reed and James replaced after playing so well feels a bit harsh. Also, for me the big positive of late was how exciting O Connor looked at 13 and now heís been moved. Good problems to have for the selectors through.
Evans not starting again. Must be a quota issue.

I would imagine that the shirt numbers will mean little and their positions in attack and defence will be based on the plays around them.

Posted by: thekeg (IP Logged)
Date: 30 November, 2018 12:40

Quote:
ballsout
I thought WillGriff was stretchered off last week, looked serious

Must have been a stinger I think, based on the reaction and then the selection here

Posted by: BasilBullneck (IP Logged)
Date: 30 November, 2018 13:05

It's going to be an almighty clash between those back rows, with both sides having powerful back row cover (Strauss and Garvey). Worth the entrance money itself.

On paper we should have more than the edge in the backs over Bath, but the front five are going to have to produce some good ball for us.

Delighted the match is on the box so I can watch it, but hope it isn't a curse.

Posted by: Olyy (IP Logged)
Date: 30 November, 2018 14:31

Surprised, but pleased, to see WGJ. Hopefully he's not playing injured.

Really like the starting side - I'd have included reed on the bench for one of the two locks, but realistically he probably wouldn't have been used unless there was injury (we don't often make back 3 subs).
Looking forward to the game, though it is on TV so slightly more nervous than I would've been

Posted by: Crutch (IP Logged)
Date: 30 November, 2018 16:23

Iíd also have liked a little more continuity with Ashton for Byron, keeping the James brothers in place.

JoC hasnít played 12 this season, Ashton hasnít played 15, whilst Sam hasnít been at 13 for a while.

Having said that JoC and RJVR were rotating to some extent in their brief time together and expect this combo to do the same.

Hope we unload the forward replacements and play out the final 30 better than last time.

Posted by: camshark (IP Logged)
Date: 01 December, 2018 16:31

Bottom tonight after Falcons 99th minute win at saints.
Any win tomorrow and we are in top 6 , bizarre .

Date: 01 December, 2018 17:40

Jeez, Iíd been hoping that Newcastle were the safety net. Bristol thrashed Leicester too. This season is going to be intense...

Posted by: Flumpty (IP Logged)
Date: 01 December, 2018 17:48

Quote:
camshark
Wouldn't a 4 point win put us 8th, with a bonus point win putting us 6th

Posted by: DaveAitch (IP Logged)
Date: 01 December, 2018 17:52

Quote:
Flumpty
Quote:
camshark
Doesn't it go on games won if points are level?* That said, if Sale take 4 points and Bath 2, Bath are one pont ahead and would be 6th.

*On relection, I'm not sure that it does. I must look up the order of things. Sale have a better points difference but is that first in line on a tie-break?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 17:59 by DaveAitch.

Date: 01 December, 2018 18:44

Pretty sure itís wins first.

Posted by: ale shark (IP Logged)
Date: 01 December, 2018 18:49

Is it not bonus points first?

Posted by: Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 01 December, 2018 20:28

Match wins first
Quote:
In the case of equality at any stage of the Season, positions at that stage of the season shall be determined firstly by the number of wins achieved and then on the basis of match points differential. A Club with a larger number of wins shall be placed higher than a Club with the same number of league points but fewer wins.

Posted by: Flumpty (IP Logged)
Date: 01 December, 2018 21:01

Quote:
Flumpty
Quote:
camshark

So a win for Sale and 1 point or less for Bath, would see Sale into 6th - have I got that right ?
I was under the (mistaken) impression that points scored was the clincher

Current Page: 1 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net