Current Page: 1 of 2
Props
Posted by: NorthernMaori (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 19:44

[www.rugbypass.com]

Apparently we are going to sign Cooper-Woolley on a “lucrative” contract. Solid option for a prop.

I would be interested in us signing either McIntyre or Mullan as well if it’s true that they are available. Plus getting McIntyre would add to the NW numbers at the Club.

Re: Props
Posted by: Olyy (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 19:56

Academy numbers, as well.

I wasn't too sure on McIntyre when he was starting to graduate from the academy, but it's hard to judge props at such a young age - he's developed into a good prem-standard prop. Would be happy to see him return.

Always been a fan of Mullan.

Posted by: MartWhit (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 20:36

mullan much underrated, but been injured a lot lately hasnt he?

Posted by: 23Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 07 December, 2018 07:08

I'd take Simpson too whilst we're at it! Nothing like a bit of role reversal on recent seasons!

Posted by: thekeg (IP Logged)
Date: 07 December, 2018 08:15

That’s great news if true, I think he’s one of the more underrated props I the premiership, £300,000 doesn’t seem excessive to me for a decent tightrhead

Posted by: Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 07 December, 2018 10:12

Lots of "rumours" about players leaving Wasps........if there was ever a time to get Tommy Taylor back - it's now!

Posted by: NorthernMaori (IP Logged)
Date: 07 December, 2018 10:34

If they were all there for the taking I would take TT, McIntyre and JCW as a job lot.

McIntyre - would provide a v. good rotation option with Harrison; with Flynn & Pope younger/development options.

Taylor - everyone knows what he brings. I would have him as first choice and would consider letting Webber go at the end of next season. This would then allow Neild, Langdon and Dolly to develop. i would even be tempted to loan on of them to a Championship club to get consistent first team opportunities at hooker.

JCW - Good option and would add to the mix with John as a backup and Jones as a younger option.

Despite previous issues with Wasps having a preference for SS trained players; there must be some issue at that Club if the rumours of all the departures are true. I hope we don't see them jump around location again without ever settling and establishing themselves.

Posted by: ashtonshark (IP Logged)
Date: 07 December, 2018 15:09

The implosion of the Coventry Project gets ever closer

Posted by: Chris1850 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 December, 2018 17:41

Quote:
NorthernMaori
If they were all there for the taking I would take TT, McIntyre and JCW as a job lot.
McIntyre - would provide a v. good rotation option with Harrison; with Flynn & Pope younger/development options.

Taylor - everyone knows what he brings. I would have him as first choice and would consider letting Webber go at the end of next season. This would then allow Neild, Langdon and Dolly to develop. i would even be tempted to loan on of them to a Championship club to get consistent first team opportunities at hooker.

JCW - Good option and would add to the mix with John as a backup and Jones as a younger option.

Despite previous issues with Wasps having a preference for SS trained players; there must be some issue at that Club if the rumours of all the departures are true. I hope we don't see them jump around location again without ever settling and establishing themselves.

If we could get TT back then we could loan one of Neild, Langdon or Dolly to Wasps perhaps?!

Posted by: StalyShark (IP Logged)
Date: 08 December, 2018 10:52

Flynn is travelling with the squad to Bordeaux so maybe he’s nearly ready. Maybe he’ll even play one day!

Date: 08 December, 2018 13:37

dont be daft Staly

Date: 08 December, 2018 17:16

Of the Wasps tight heads, I'd say the best is Brookes who would have been a nice pickup last year before he went to wasps. Cooper Wooley is a v good player. Stephen Jones is a big fan which always makes me skeptical, but he's suffered with injury for a while hasn't he? You'd think there was more upside for not so much current difference in Will Stuart who is also rumoured to be on the move.

Agree with others on TT.

Macintyre has made up into a very solid premiership player. Cant be sure he's so much better than a fit and firing Flynn or Bristow though.

Posted by: bigfecker (IP Logged)
Date: 09 December, 2018 09:19

Quote:
Chris1850
Quote:
NorthernMaori

If we could get TT back then we could loan one of Neild, Langdon or Dolly to Wasps perhaps?!

TT is a fantastic player when fit, he's been broken more times than he has been fit.

For me at hooker, Langdon has moved above Neild, so Neilds place at 2 must be under review with Dolly coming through. Dai young was after Neild a couple of years ago, maybe a deal to be done.

Posted by: Crutch (IP Logged)
Date: 09 December, 2018 20:19

[mobile.twitter.com]

Anyone else seen this? The twitter post has been “liked” by Sale Sharks...

Posted by: Newcastle under Lyme RUFC Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 09 December, 2018 20:28

Just seen it. Will h be joining straight away??

Posted by: clutch (IP Logged)
Date: 09 December, 2018 21:47

As a winger by the looks of the footage.

Posted by: Olyy (IP Logged)
Date: 10 December, 2018 09:00

Strange to see us sign a loosehead mid season after the arrival of Bristow and the imminent return of Flynn

Looks a beast from the clips I've seen, though

Posted by: StalyShark (IP Logged)
Date: 10 December, 2018 09:26

Can he hold up the scrum and play more than 7 minutes though?

Posted by: WithingtonShark (IP Logged)
Date: 10 December, 2018 09:38

How did Bristow and Jones get on at the weekend?

Posted by: stmky (IP Logged)
Date: 10 December, 2018 10:04

Valery Morozov from Enisei-STM new Sale prop

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net