O/T BT Sport prices
Posted by: wrinklieshark (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2019 23:01

Apparently the 'normal' price for BT Sport for non-BT customers is £27.95 a month, and will increase next month to £29.95.
However, they kindly send an email to let existing customers know this is about to happen, with a contact number to discuss options. This has happened for the last 3 years or so, and on telling them that I really don't want to pay any more, they reduce the monthly payment by £2 each time without any arguments, so I am now back to £15.95 for the next 18 months.
Worth a phone call!

Re: O/T BT Sport prices
Posted by: madders (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2019 06:24

I discussed with them last year, at the last price rise. Although the headline discount was decent, the HD element was an expensive add-on, which they only offered a very small discount on, for only 6 months. I got rid, as effectively you're paying for their expensive football rights.

Posted by: DaveAitch (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2019 08:43

I think they make it up as they go along. All the pricing structures seem flexible, particularly if you say you are going to leave some or all of the BT Sport system.

Posted by: MikeGC (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2019 09:10

slightly off off topic but it was nice to see some rugby on "corporation telly" this season, I hope there'll be more

Posted by: Yareet (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2019 09:42

Quote:
MikeGC
slightly off off topic but it was nice to see some rugby on "corporation telly" this season, I hope there'll be more

There will. ITV have the rights to the World Cup

Date: 28 May, 2019 09:46

Quote:
Yareet
Quote:
MikeGC

cheers. but I meant the premiership

Date: 28 May, 2019 10:11

Quote:
MikeGC
Quote:
Yareet
Quote:
MikeGC

cheers. but I meant the premiership

Appears there’ll be some of that as well on 5

[www.premiershiprugby.com]

Posted by: SimonG19 (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2019 11:50

When my last contract was up I told BT I was considering not renewing BT Sport and moving broadband supplier as I only switched to them to get BT Sport. They responded by offering me a new improved fixed-price broadband contract at a lower rate than I was currently paying with free BT Sport. It pays to negotiate - but very politely!

Date: 28 May, 2019 16:41

thanks Yareet

Date: 28 May, 2019 18:36

Quote:
MikeGC
thanks Yareet

[media.giphy.com]

Posted by: brilin (IP Logged)
Date: 06 June, 2019 08:54

Very similar to others on here. Rang to query price increase and said that it was too much. Was given £15-95 deal for 18months to stop me going. Always worth a call.

The other 'arf

Posted by: Gandalfzz (IP Logged)
Date: 08 June, 2019 17:03

£6 a month if a BT customer

I am anyones equal, but no ones superior

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2019 19:27 by Gandalfzz.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net