Play off dates confirmed
Posted by: Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
Date: 13 April, 2017 17:22

The semi final play off dates are 28th April, and 5th May. Both are Friday evenings with a 7.45 kick off, 5th May is the home fixture. The Final first leg is May 17th, the second leg on May 24th. The highest placed league team at the end of the regular season will have the choice of when they play their home leg of the final.

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

Re: Play off dates confirmed
Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 13 April, 2017 17:50

If we are playing Ealing away on 28th April - the most likely scenario - then Friday night in West London is going to be a logistical nightmare. Unless we get a fun bus......but that means taking a day off work for many people.

(Sm111)

Posted by: Madtyke (IP Logged)
Date: 13 April, 2017 18:00

That's the Army Vs Navy weekend at Twickenham if it's Ealing.

[www.arborfieldoldboys.co.uk]

Posted by: Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
Date: 13 April, 2017 21:01

I presume we couldn't play on Sunday because Yorks are at home. Can't see either leg having more than a handful of away supporters turn up.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Posted by: JDH (IP Logged)
Date: 13 April, 2017 21:37

Got to try our best to get there.

Date: 13 April, 2017 21:49

Quote:
Albert Fishwick
I presume we couldn't play on Sunday because Yorks are at home. Can't see either leg having more than a handful of away supporters turn up.

You may be correct Albo, but even the Rhinos have played at the same time as the cricket. My guess is it is more to do with Sky. They will show the 2 games featuring London Irish at a time that fits in with their schedules, and telling the other teams to play on the Friday night. Obviously no consideration for the supporters.
In my opinion, the teams involved in the game that isn't featured should be allowed to play on their own preferred day, but, sadly, I think it will be the tv company that has made the decision.

COME ON LEEDS.

Date: 14 April, 2017 09:20

How many would be interested in a trip to Ealing if that is what lies in store?

COME ON LEEDS.

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 14 April, 2017 09:53

I would certainly welcome a fun bus to Ealing.

Posted by: John R (IP Logged)
Date: 14 April, 2017 14:29

Would like to Hax/Almo, but the likelyhood of managing it is not strong!

Now it were Donny away, that would be different.............

Up the Yorkshire Carnegie TYKES !

Posted by: Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2017 06:21

No chance on a Friday evening I'm afraid. Getting to the home game will be hard enough.

I also note that the RMT is proposing a strike affecting Virgin East Coast on 28/29 April, though the company says it expects to run a near-normal service.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net