Bristol Relegated
Posted by: Madtyke (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 17:03

Bristol were relegated from the AP back into the Championship this afternoon after losing to Wasps and failing to pick up any bonus points. Wuss did well yesterday to beat Bath at home and reach safety.
Do Bristol get the 3M parachute payment afforded to AP teams or will they be totally reliant on there sugar daddy for funds?

[www.arborfieldoldboys.co.uk]

Re: Bristol Relegated
Posted by: opuscoitus (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 17:11

Genuinely thought a few weeks ago they would get out of it but Wuss surprised me and I suspect a few others,

With the squad they have and players coming in they have a stronger squad than LI this year,

All or nothing for us this year in play offs as first past the post next year and some of our stronger players leaving 2nd is best we could hope for I reckon, defeatist I know but after this year ring fencing is our only hope

Posted by: headingleytyke (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 17:55

I totally agree but with best players leaving and I don't believe there will be ring fencing next year we will be in the Championship for a couple of years at least. Then sponsors will leave and we will end up like a number of clubs in the division.

Posted by: JDH (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 20:57

We will probably have to go plan b if we are in the championship next year until hopefully they ring fence.

Bristol should go up easy next year. It won't make it easier to compete in the prem though. The rest of the teams will have got even better by then so bristol will still have an up hill battle.

If we go up this year bristol and Irish will have a right fight out.

Posted by: Wildwillie (IP Logged)
Date: 17 April, 2017 07:33

Bristol will be in the championship next season. Fact.
We might be in the championship next season. Fact.
If we win our next four games we will go up. Simples.

[allottie.blogspot.co.uk]

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

Posted by: Gelbel (IP Logged)
Date: 17 April, 2017 08:13

We don't have to win all four - so long as we lose by less than the opposition in two of them.... Winning all four is preferable.

Posted by: Beeston Lion (IP Logged)
Date: 17 April, 2017 09:24

Bris will not get full parachute payment as the amount paid is subject to time spent at higher level. Will therefore be minimum amount for single season back but I do not know how much this will be.

Date: 17 April, 2017 09:31

[twitter.com]

Just read this and looks like Briss Trimming already and not particularly well it seems

Some good talent at our level there obviously didn't make prem Grade, do some fancy a 4 game contract?

Posted by: Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
Date: 17 April, 2017 09:53

Bristol still have a full allocation of 'P' shares so I think that they will also receive the maximum parachute payment.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 17 April, 2017 17:42

Quote:
opuscoitus
https://twitter.com/alastaireykyn/status/853877546865364992
Just read this and looks like Briss Trimming already and not particularly well it seems

Some good talent at our level there obviously didn't make prem Grade, do some fancy a 4 game contract?

The transfer deadline has now passed. Otherwise there could be all sorts of things happening, like Bristol giving star players to a play-off contender who doesn't meet Premiership standards.

Date: 17 April, 2017 19:15

Quote:
almostatyke
Quote:
opuscoitus
https://twitter.com/alastaireykyn/status/853877546865364992

The transfer deadline has now passed. Otherwise there could be all sorts of things happening, like Bristol giving star players to a play-off contender who doesn't meet Premiership standards.

Agree about transfers however these have been released immediately and contracts paid up does deadline include free agents?, wouldn't think we would sign any of them but a bizarre move from Briss

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 17 April, 2017 20:14

Sadly Bristol have not had enough time to recover from the Andy Robinson mis-management era IMHO. They have ended-up with far too many players and I see this as the first early attempt to put things right.
I understand that the leaving players have all been paid-up to the end of their contracts, and it is the first step in identifying who the club want to keep for next season.

Posted by: JDH (IP Logged)
Date: 17 April, 2017 21:17

I don't think it's just Robinsons miss management.

Posted by: leemingtyke (IP Logged)
Date: 17 April, 2017 22:48

Quote:
JDH
If we go up this year bristol and Irish will have a right fight out.

Not so sure about that J

If we (or Ealing or Donny) do manage to rob Irish, they'll have to cut their cloth accordingly for next season with no parachute payment.

Bris would still walk it I reckon

It all amounts to a huge amount of pressure on Irish in the play offs. Which is no bad thing from our point of view.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/04/2017 22:51 by leemingtyke.

Posted by: Bobba (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:10

Sad for Bristol. I predicted that they would stay up. Seems I got things wrong again!

Their relegation proves one thing and that is thatno side, not even Bristol, have the God given right to be in the Premiership. Lets hope the promotion and relegation on merit system continues for many seasons to come!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net