Current Page: 1 of 3
Phil Nilsen signs for Coventry
Posted by: Rocky (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2017 09:02

[www.coventryrugby.co.uk]

Phil has left Yorkshire and signed with Coventry, good luck in the future and thanks for all you've done at Leeds.

Re: Phil Nilsen signs for Coventry
Posted by: Zandra YaPoI (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2017 10:10

Good luck to him. Always gave 100% and nothing less.

He goes with all our best wishes and some of us will see him play next season.

this is a massively exciting time for Cov, they are recruiting well to try and push into the Champ.

So it's not goodbye but au revoir!!

Zandra YaPoI
YaPoI - Yorkshire and Proud of It

'proficiscor in una'

Posted by: Madtyke (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2017 10:49

Really sad to hear he's going, a real clubman who gave his all to the club. Shame they're letting him go.

[www.arborfieldoldboys.co.uk]

Posted by: Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2017 10:52

Unbelievable. A great, (and very loyal), servant and player, selected in the Championship Team of the Season (twice this season), never gives less than 100%, and we let him go. Good luck Phil, Coventry's gain, our, (big) loss. Who will be next?

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

Posted by: Rocky (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2017 10:58

Quote:
Haxbytyke
Unbelievable. A great, (and very loyal), servant and player, selected in the Championship Team of the Season (twice this season), never gives less than 100%, and we let him go. Good luck Phil, Coventry's gain, our, (big) loss. Who will be next?

Welcome to the mindset of our current coach and DoR. Ridiculous.

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2017 11:06

Seems to be a moratorium on signing or re-signing players, coming from above coach/DoR level IMHO.

Posted by: opuscoitus (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2017 11:12

Genuinely top bloke wish him all the best but gutted he's going,

Hope it's a move on Phil's terms as mentioned before top hooker in league (twice) beating the likes of Paice etc and deserves to leave the club on his terms, if it's the club my mind is blown,

Posted by: JDH (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2017 19:29

Good luck to him. Good signing by Coventry.

Posted by: Wildwillie (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2017 21:23

Great player who will always be remembered for his 100% commitment to the cause. Good luck Asbo!

[allottie.blogspot.co.uk]

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

Posted by: SideStep (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2017 08:48

Shocking!! Sorry but this guy should have been a one club man. Getting concerned now. In the play off final and nearly all our top players are leaving and we don't really have a DOR...here we go again.

The first Leeds Tykes child mascot...#leedswasps0203season. #cheersbentos

Posted by: Zandra YaPoI (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2017 09:26

Phil wanted to stay, however it wasn't to be.

Zandra YaPoI
YaPoI - Yorkshire and Proud of It

'proficiscor in una'

Posted by: Tassigny74 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2017 10:24

Quote:
SideStep
Shocking!! Sorry but this guy should have been a one club man. Getting concerned now. In the play off final and nearly all our top players are leaving and we don't really have a DOR...here we go again.

Agree. Is this because his face doesn't fit or maybe he's a relatively high earner and down to cost cutting after the shock loss of the Carnegie money with a mere 10 yrs notice (cough).Looks like were going back to the diccon Edwards days team full of team full of kids (which I enjoyed because I thought we were finally heading in the right direction) . All we need now is green / white /black hoops , change our name to leeds , leave headingley ,build our own stadium , find a multi millionaire willing to lose tens of millions , employ a competent full time ceo with a coherent growth strategy who hires a competent experienced coaching team. Easy.

rant over.

o/t does anyone know a good indian restraint close to headingley?

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2017 11:31

Quote:
Tassigny74

I thought the reservations were in America, none near here.

(Sm54)

Posted by: Mark_C (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2017 12:44

Maybe, just maybe, the club is taking a longer term approach to building a Premiership side, as did Exeter several years ago. No-one can deny that Plug is up there with the greats, but perhaps his age counts against him in the grand scheme of things.

Posted by: headingleytyke (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2017 14:05

I shall go and watch him next season as Coventry is only 20 mins downroad

Posted by: tyke-woody (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2017 17:30

Sorry to see Phil leaving. Best wishes for the continuation of his career.

Posted by: oopnorth (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2017 18:26

Great opportunity for him in a rugby union city, Coventry ambitious and on the up and his experience will be ideal, and Wasps nearby. Good luck to him and no doubt he will give his all against Irish.

Posted by: Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2017 18:59

Quote:
Tassigny74

Assuming you mean restaurant, the Corner Cafe on Burley Road or the Sheesh Mahal on Kirkstall Road are good and not too far away. I would steer clear of Tariq's.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Posted by: Scuffer (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2017 20:56

We like Tariq's justhave to take your own beer

Posted by: Kimbo (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2017 22:09

Quote:
headingleytyke
I shall go and watch him next season as Coventry is only 20 mins downroad

Blimey, you're closer than I am! Give us a nudge and I'll buy you a pint. The more the merrier (we need to pay for all these new 'superstars' somehow (Sm1)).

Our City http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/Kimbeau/player%20cropsmall.jpg Our Club

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net