Current Page: 1 of 2
First leg
Posted by: SideStep (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2017 20:34

Half time carnegie 15 Irish 13. Entertaining first half and hope of taking a lead into the second leg very real currently!

The first Leeds Tykes child mascot...#leedswasps0203season. #cheersbentos

Re: First leg
Posted by: headingleytyke (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2017 21:53

Two tough decisions AGAINST us but LI are a full 80 mins side

Posted by: Jonny_C (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2017 22:26

Your lads were more interested in taking the game to us in that first half, and didn't give penalties away. Our defence seemed to stand off too much giving YC time to break through. The no8 particularly.
Irish woke up in the second half. Scrum was the weapon of choice again. Lots of nerves in the Irish side.

See yous in Reading.

Posted by: JDH (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2017 22:33

Advantage irish. They had that bit more quality in the last 20mins and did well off our knock ons.
First half I though we were good and show we could get through them. We just lost shape and composure in the second. I thought our bench added nothing and were really poor. Better to leave the starters on if they were fit.
I think jp Doyle was a tad harsh on us in crucial times. The head shot I had seen yellows given in the AP all day long for that and Marshall stepping in front of elder was 50 50. Also didn't ref offside and blatant crossing.
Need to sort the scrum. Odonnell is no tighthead and it went to pieces in the second half. Why did west go off?

Half time though. 11 points is a big margin but not impossible. Need to be more clinical and play with more pace. Thought we looked good when we pulled there pack around.

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2017 22:34

Excellent first half, we just about deserved our lead, but we couldn't keep it going in the second half. We went from winning penalties at scrums to losing penalties at every scrum, plus I think we started to play off-script.
We needed the rain to continue or a bit more luck or some help from the referee: surely the block in the second half was a yellow card?
But the better side has the lead at the half-way point in this contest.

Posted by: farmertyke (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2017 23:31

Best first half that we have witnessed all season was our group consensus but as others have said our subs were poor and their arrival at odds with the flow of the game.
Why do they persist in changing Davis ?
Lewis Boyce may be a powerhouse in open play but at the scrum he looked just as vulnerable as he did before he was pulled off against Ealing .
Can anyone enlighten me as to why the Irish 13 was not carded for a high tackle on Holmes ?
Doyle gave a penalty for a high tackle and the ruling for that is a yellow is it not ?
And did we have a TMO tonight ?
Good crowd .

Posted by: Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2017 23:35

No doubt Irish finished the stronger side, but Mr. Doyle, apart from missing forward passes and blatant blocking, bottled the one big decision he had to make when Jonah was felled. a blatant, deliberate high shot at the player they feared the most. I've seem red cards given for less than that. Likewise the block on Elder, if it was a penalty, it was a yellow card.
I'd agree about the changes too. Davies was outstanding, if he wasn't injured, he should have stayed on.

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

Posted by: Carnegie needs success (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2017 23:57

I don't think the bench were to blame for the last 20 mins, Irish were more physical and we lost the contact area where we were dominating this area in the first half and giving our backs a platform to play off. Unfortunately our scrum fell apart in the second half where we had this in the first half, and then we lost the chance to play ! Great first half & the best 80 mins we have played all season. Stay positive, Bristol lost last year in the second leg, 'believe'.

Posted by: Carnegie needs success (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 00:27

Two stupid penalties in the first half 6 points in front of our posts, and Ford missed 3 kicks where Bell was 100%, there were 11 points either given in penalties or missed kicks, the difference in winning cup rugby ! However I believe we correct this in the second leg, score first and put the doubts in the Irish minds !

Posted by: Rocky's Dad (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 08:02

Farmer
Te Sky team were also bemused at the high tackle decision and suggested that the Ref did not want to reduce one of the teams to 14 and spoil the Spectacle?
Made no sense and I know its Paranoia but I don't think Yorkshire would have avoided the bin had it been the other way round.
Interestingly the BBC seemed to be watching the game in a parallel universe where the Not-not's had a man sin binned

Did I miss something?

Quote:
The hosts were unable to take advantage of the extra man when Brendan McKibbin was sent to the sin-bin, as Irish improved their chances of making an immediate return to the Premiership following their relegation last season.

BBC

Posted by: Rocky's Dad (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 08:40

OK it must be me as the Torygraph also saw the sin bin!
Quote:
Carnegie would not lie down and two excellent bursts from Chris Elder secured them a platform in the Irish 22, with Ford reducing the arrears with a penalty after McKibbin was yellow-carded for a deliberate obstruction. But three further penalties from Bell rewarded Irish's second-half dominance.

I know I was up very early yesterday but I did not think I dropped off?

Posted by: sms (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 08:47

Looks like P.A. have done the reporting and issued the wrong information out. Lets hope McKillbin gets sited and banned for next weeks game. Know if he'd been sent off we should have scored a try! Do we get a different ref next week? Doyle should certainly have gone to Specsavers.

Date: 18 May, 2017 08:50

Lots of talk about milking the high tackle, no head assessment, doctors on the field but their missing the point. The players arm did not ride up off the shoulder it was clear contact with the head and was a yellow card. JP Doyle bottled it simple as that.

Posted by: Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 08:59

It will probably be Barnes next week, 20 minutes of overtime will see Irish triumph by a point overall!

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Posted by: Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 09:04

Quote:
sms
Looks like P.A. have done the reporting and issued the wrong information out. Lets hope McKillbin gets sited and banned for next weeks game. Know if he'd been sent off we should have scored a try! Do we get a different ref next week? Doyle should certainly have gone to Specsavers.

A few questions.

1. Who is McKillbin?
2. What exactly should he be getting 'cited' and banned for?
3. Why should you have scored a try if he'd been sent off?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/05/2017 09:58 by Ozzy3213.

Posted by: bird lover (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 09:21

Bit gutted we are just not good enough, and with our best players already contracted out for next year and letting loyal club man go I am bit concerned as to future!! We still have a chance 80 min to turn it round. But I feel they have bit more than us and as we fade they got stronger . COLT!!!

Posted by: HMRH (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 09:47

Irish fan - yes a blatant high tackle and agree lucky to stay on but over the game I thought we were the better side and ground your forwards down. See you in Reading

Posted by: Izzy Eckerslike (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 10:26

No complaints. Beaten by a better side, but only just.The stupid penalties lost us the game. You can't gift penalties in front of the posts to a kicker like Bell, he can put them over with his eyes shut! (I think I could, come to that!). Brush has to drill the DISCIPLINE into their heads and they're in with a good chance at Reading. Let's face it, they did rip through the Irish easily when they worked for Jonah's "Rory Underwood moment". A bit less kicking away possession would help as well! Go for it next week lads!

Date: 18 May, 2017 10:45

Still looking forward to next week and us putting in a massive performance. Good discipline, early try, a big slice of luck and the best game we have played bar none!

Posted by: John R (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 11:36

The Irish supporters stood near us on the dark side were mighty impressed by our first half and fearful of the second!

It wasn't to be but it shows the views of the two eyed not not's, one lady stating it was the best game she had seen all season....

Up the Yorkshire Carnegie TYKES !

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net