The Bench
Posted by: JDH (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2017 23:37

Obviously I don't know who was injured and had to be replaced but we lost a lot of shape, organisation and power taking off Davies West and Casson. If injured fair enough to but we were far better either else guys on the field. All seemed to walk off fine.
Did we have a centre to replace Casson? Harsh but Mike M was turd and I rate him. Green doesn't boss it like Davies.
Just my thoughts. Irish bench did make a difference with Robson etc.

Re: The Bench
Posted by: Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2017 23:39

I'd agree with that. Our bench has been good most of the season, but sadly tonight they were second best. Davies was outstanding, but how I wish we had a scrum half who could snipe like Hampo did.

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

Date: 17 May, 2017 23:44

I thought Casson was good too. He will smash anything in front of him.
When you don't have a direct replacement in that position, if not injured, don't replace imo.

West was a big miss. Best second row we have by a country mile.

Posted by: Carnegie needs success (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2017 23:47

I don't think the bench were to blame for the last 20 mins, Irish were more physical and we lost the contact area where we were dominating this area in the first half and giving our backs a platform to play off. Unfortunately our scrum fell apart in the second half where we had this in the first half, and then we lost the chance to play ! Great first half & the best 80 mins we have played all season. Stay positive, Bristol lost last year in the second leg, 'believe'.

Date: 17 May, 2017 23:51

I agree there but I don't think they lifted us either but perhaps it had turned.

Our semis we have lost we won the first leg. Admittedly we are away next but LW and Falcons did not panic going into the second leg and neither should we.

Posted by: Carnegie needs success (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 00:25

Two stupid penalties in the first half 6 points in front of our posts, and Ford missed 3 kicks where Bell was 100%, there were 11 points either given in penalties or missed kicks, the difference in winning cup rugby ! However I believe we correct this in the second leg, score first and put the doubts in the Irish minds !

Posted by: Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 08:43

I agree re the penalties, but if I recall correctly, Ford only missed the target once, that was the conversion attempt from the first try.

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/05/2017 08:44 by Haxbytyke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net