A pre-season friendly
Posted by: TykeGeorge (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2017 18:38

Some news from our communication shy club - play Glaws at Kingsholm on 25 th August. Something happening at last.

Re: A pre-season friendly
Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2017 18:51

Good news but nice to have at least one other match, hopefully closer to home.
No chance of a Headingley friendly - a very rare event even when the ground was not being developed.

Posted by: Wildwillie (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2017 20:52

A trip to a Yorkshire club would be nice!

(Sm134)

[allottie.blogspot.co.uk]

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

Posted by: Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2017 07:53

Hmm. M5 at the start of a bank holiday weekend. Maybe not ....

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Posted by: Zandra YaPoI (IP Logged)
Date: 07 July, 2017 13:08

Double header so christ knows when our Kick Off will be unless we are the main event.

although just over an hour away, might be a tad difficult to get to!

Zandra YaPoI
YaPoI - Yorkshire and Proud of It

'proficiscor in una'

Posted by: Zandra YaPoI (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2017 16:57

Kick Off is at 1730 for our game.

Big ask for a Bank Holiday Weekend I feel.

Zandra YaPoI
YaPoI - Yorkshire and Proud of It

'proficiscor in una'

Posted by: sms (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2017 17:22

Think it's a no no, definitely not.

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2017 17:41

We are clearly the warm-up act.

Posted by: Plumgarth40 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 July, 2017 14:24

I think a fun friendly would be good...a bit of a laugh. Yorkshire v Leeds Rhinos. First half RU second half RL. Coaching sessions on the pitch at half time for children, bouncy castles, BBQs (not the catering vans) face painting, craft tent....or maybe a 7s tournament involving as many local clubs as possible. Moortown, Bradford and Bingley, Keighley, Yorkshire Carnegie and maybe some RL sides as well.

Got to think outside the box and get some interest and fun back. Probably much too late to do this now.

Posted by: JDH (IP Logged)
Date: 25 July, 2017 22:25

I think there is mileage in that plum. But perhaps a yorkshire 7s or 10s mini tournament followed by a friendly v a prem side. A full days Rugby a HC.
One to take to the forum for next season me thinks. Can a member ask this at the next meeting?
Good idea plum!

Posted by: Mark_C (IP Logged)
Date: 25 July, 2017 22:30

Perhaps they could ask Pocklington to organise it - they've been running Yorkshire's premier sevens event for a good few years now.

Date: 25 July, 2017 22:41

I bet local teams would jump at the opportunity of a tournament at HC.

Posted by: Mark_C (IP Logged)
Date: 25 July, 2017 22:46

I'm sure they would - a sevens tournament is a grand day out, both on and off the pitch!

Posted by: Plumgarth40 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 July, 2017 15:27

I think such a thing would be really well supported and may interest all the students around Headingley as well, more so if the Universities were encouraged to enter a team. I think I will send an email to the office and see what they think. Too late now but next year a possibility maybe

Posted by: Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
Date: 26 July, 2017 19:18

Given that we can't get a proper pre-season game at Headingley there is no chance of a fun day or whatever you want to call it. I don't know whether our tenancy agreement rules out any games before 1 September but recent experience suggests it may be so.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Date: 26 July, 2017 20:52

Maybe they need to sort that out then! As plum said uni teams in the mix plus a game vrs Bath or similar would get plenty in. Better than going around the grounds.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net