State of the (Yorkshire Carnegie) Nation
Posted by: TykesRugby.co.uk (IP Logged)
Date: 03 February, 2018 11:18

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/02/2018 15:33 by Wildwillie .

Re: State of the (Yorkshire Carnegie) Nation
Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 03 February, 2018 20:13

Please regard the term, "businessman" to mean either male or female persons, who have some money.

Posted by: leemingtyke (IP Logged)
Date: 04 February, 2018 00:07

A nice piece of writing Almo with some well thought out points.

I didnt know we had to match the RFUs input to the academy for .

As for investment, its going to have to be someone doing it for the love of Rugby Union in this great county because, if they looked at us as a business proposition, they'd run a mile.

Unfortunately, i dont think there are very many of those about.

Posted by: Mark_C (IP Logged)
Date: 04 February, 2018 10:10

The academy is the jewel in the crown, however Yorkshire Carnegie in it's current for is little more than a shop window.

Miserati - and Proud to be!

Posted by: JDH (IP Logged)
Date: 04 February, 2018 20:29

Good post almost.

Posted by: Selby Kev (IP Logged)
Date: 04 February, 2018 22:03

Time for Carnegie Coop!I'm good for a Divi! NB I notice Pirates are through to quarter Finals of B&I...we are out of our misery! Pirates Points margin against Hartpury was slightly better than ours? And Wales looked good...should be a cracker next week!

Posted by: North needs success (IP Logged)
Date: 05 February, 2018 07:43

What an excellent, well balanced article Almo

Date: 08 February, 2018 22:07

Thanks for the compliments guys, but there must be something I have missed out or have got wrong?
Is this a sort of statement that could be taken to the club by the Fans Forum members?
I have tried to put the club's position forward, as I see it, but it would be nice if they could actually communicate to us how things really are.

Posted by: oopnorth (IP Logged)
Date: 08 February, 2018 23:04

Perhaps they are a little perplexed. In the space of eighteen months talk of a 14 club premiership in the medium term seems to have been replaced in the press by a possibility of one of maybe 10 ?

Date: 09 February, 2018 08:53

Teams in the Premiership: any number different to 12 will help us. I cannot, for the life of me, see the rfu/Premiership copying France and going to 14 clubs.

Posted by: Bobba (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 10:49

I can! It does not however mean that we would automatically be part of an enlarged Premiership. Should it happen, a progressive increase would be my idea. No relegation for two years from the Prem and the Championship winner to progress. And, this idea of qualification criteria is, as far as I'm concerned, bunkum. Why on earth should a small club not aspire to play the big boys? Leicester having to play at Ealing. Now there's a thought!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net