Current Page: 1 of 2
O/T (part) - Leeds Rhinos
Posted by: Beeston Lion (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2018 20:58

We (Carnegie) are in a period of calm, as acknowledged by Almo in another post, but not too far from home there is much ado in the other part of Emerald Headingley that is League territory.

There has been the recent departure of an accepted coach of some stature, as far as the Rhinos are concerned, followed by the appointment of a new coaching team. One feature of the new regime, putting aside the temporary nature of Jimmy Lowe's appointment, is the divesting of some of Gary Hetherington's previous role within the organisation. Kevin Sinfield will apparently take on these divested areas in an attempt to try and create a new era of success for the Rhino's. To dampen any enthusiasm created by the arrival of the new team there are rumours emanating from various sources which should create some concern for those interested in the playing fortunes of the team as we enter this new dawn. They relate to some of the established players and their potential for leaving the club at the end of this season when out of contract.

Next season will see the availability of a superb, brand new stadium which will be the envy of Super League, but will we have a team set up to match it?

Re: O/T (part) - Leeds Rhinos
Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 09:24

With regard to your last point, BL, it would not be good for two second-tier rugby teams to play at such a marvellous stadium.
Has the cost of the stadium drained some of the Rhinos salary budget, I wonder?

Posted by: Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 15:40

They haven's started paying for it yet!

Just announced a kiwi half-back for next season so I don't think they are in the same cloth-cutting boat as us just yet.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Posted by: Wildwillie (IP Logged)
Date: 21 July, 2018 09:17

First win for the Rhinos under Sir Kev.

Hurrah!

Date: 22 July, 2018 18:24

Sadly Rhinos are now confirmed as members of the "middle 8", where they must fight it out with 4 Championship teams to avoid relegation.

Date: 22 July, 2018 19:30

Toronto, Toulouse, Broncos and Halifax!

Sir Kev will not have it easy,

Date: 22 July, 2018 20:27

Only Toronto definite as there is another week to go and its tight for positions two to six!

Date: 23 July, 2018 10:32

thumbs down

Date: 23 July, 2018 21:23

Rhinos will get four home and three away matches in Middle Eights as they did the season before last when they had a late surge to achieve ninth place.

Date: 23 July, 2018 21:37

Hi BL, is one of the away matches in Canada?

Date: 25 July, 2018 20:44

Not his time: Toronto match will be at Headingley. Possibility of a match in Canada next year in Super League if results go right way.

This seasons middle 8's give Rhinos home advantage over Hull KR, Salford and Toronto plus third finisher in Championship (currently London Broncos) and travel to Widnes and second and fourth in Championship (currently Toulouse and Halifax) This will change though as there is one more round left to play and one point separates clubs 2 to 6.

Date: 25 July, 2018 21:06

Possible trip to Toulouse on the cards then?

Date: 26 July, 2018 19:28

Visited Toulouse several years ago on a business trip.
This was an occasion when we were called a 'rosbif's' by a group of locals, who got a mouthful in return from a French colleague who was with our group!

Posted by: Madtyke (IP Logged)
Date: 27 July, 2018 07:35

Quote:
Beeston Lion
Visited Toulouse several years ago on a business trip.
This was an occasion when we were called a 'rosbif's' by a group of locals, who got a mouthful in return from a French colleague who was with our group!

I vaguely remember our soujurn to Toulouse with the Tykes and being in the Frog & Roast Beef when the French National Front came in to try and stir up trouble. Once they saw the size of the opposition they faded into the night.

[www.arborfieldoldboys.co.uk]

Date: 30 July, 2018 13:26

Now confirmed as follows:

Home Toulouse, Salford, Toronto, Hull KR
Away Halifax, Widnes, London Bronco's (at Ealing Trailfinders!)

Posted by: sm123sm (IP Logged)
Date: 05 August, 2018 22:41

You hope that Rhino's will stay up but if they didn't I really think that would have massive knock on effects can Leeds Rugby Ltd support 2 2nd tier clubs and I know which one will have the upper hand.

Posted by: Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
Date: 05 August, 2018 22:45

Their support is solid, they have had periods of under-performance before.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Date: 06 August, 2018 17:01

Now out of the challenge cup so they concentrate on what needs to be done to stay up.

Date: 07 August, 2018 18:43

Totally agree WW.

But why not celebrate (and certainly not overlook) the female Rhinos victory:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: Dr Zaius (IP Logged)
Date: 07 August, 2018 18:51

Quote:
sm123sm
You hope that Rhino's will stay up but if they didn't I really think that would have massive knock on effects can Leeds Rugby Ltd support 2 2nd tier clubs and I know which one will have the upper hand.
The two clubs are totally separate now and Leeds Rugby Ltd/Caddick only owns the Rhinos. Whether Caddick will be willing to put his hand in his pocket to fund them or just rebuild the squad remains to be seen as he's not had to do so before now.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net