Current Page: 1 of 3
Friday night lights - London Scottish
Posted by: TykesRugby.co.uk (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2018 14:45

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/10/2018 07:53 by Wildwillie .

Re: Friday night lights - London Scottish
Posted by: WPL (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2018 16:36

I watched scottish a couple of weeks ago at Bedford - they won but as it transpired Bedford had been hit by a sickness bug that actually led them to asking for the game to be postponed.

They are a well organised team with a couple of big ball carrying forwards and from memory a big center. Defense will have to be on top form.

Good to see some returning from injures and some strength coming back in, 5 points would be very nice, but a good performance and a W is key for me!

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2018 17:57

I think WPL (nee Leeds_shark) has hit the nail on the head.

I also like the photo and caption: are those machine-gun posts, where the now redundant floodlight towers are?

(Sm100)

Posted by: Wildwillie (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2018 16:09

Tonight's officials are:

Green King RFU Championship
Yorkshire Carnegie v London Scottish
Referee: Anthony Woodthorpe
ARs: Jamie Leahy & Simon Park

(Sm124)

Posted by: JDH (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2018 16:23

No heard of Woodthorpe.

Posted by: John R (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2018 17:50

Hope he's better than the one's we have had so far this season....?

Date: 19 October, 2018 19:53

0-12 after 13 mins (2 tries)

Date: 19 October, 2018 20:10

Try for Chris Elder on 30 min.

Date: 19 October, 2018 20:20

Halftime score 5-12.

Posted by: RedcarTyke (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2018 21:07

Calvary can't come fast enough, hopefully better times ahead, currently we are making a average team look good 😔

Posted by: Madtyke (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2018 21:17

I've left early as I can't justify keeping kids out any later to watch this dross. The confidence in the team has fallen away sharply and simple reading of the game isn't there. Scottish ran a simple move for their 3rd try that my lads U12s could have defended.

Might be back after the Xmas break.

[www.arborfieldoldboys.co.uk]

Posted by: headingleytyke (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2018 21:21

Listen on bbc. Awful. I am back n uk during next week and as I am close to coventry was going to go to game next weekend. Not wasting my money

Posted by: opuscoitus (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2018 22:01

It was just a poor game, not through lack of effort just a scrappy game, Mitchell played himself to a standstill Lucock was Lucock Temm was what he has been all season,

Low points for me Currie getting injured in warm up and only team I know who don't empty the bench think issues injury wise are even deeper, would like to see JB on much earlier just quickens things up think this was a game that points would have been hoped for,

Lower points than that,. Great having students with their free beers if they watch the game and stop dicking around, also whoever told the band to do one after spontaneously erupting in first half deserves MOM I didn't mind them on pitch but it's not soccer leave it out during game

Posted by: Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2018 22:20

What has being a poor game got to do with it? We've won poor games before, it's the result that matters. Now cast adrift at the bottom of a very average league. Is everybody happy with that?

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

Date: 19 October, 2018 22:50

Quote:
Haxbytyke
What has being a poor game got to do with it? We've won poor games before, it's the result that matters. Now cast adrift at the bottom of a very average league. Is everybody happy with that?

It was a poor game simple we have no Devine right to win any game and we have had results when itís been a poor game but we had a full strength squad to pick from and when we lose our back row sub in the warm up and have to bring a hooker on in the back row with a centre at 10 and a winger at 13 a full back at 11 2 props who have had less than 7 days with the squad and no real training as no numbers to train against

coupled with the pressure of being the bottom club which does have an effect especially if they read some shite some stay away posters put on here then no of course people arenít happy but it is what it is till the reinforcements come until then those who want the fight will have to dig in that includes supporters

Donít expect everyone to agree but there it is, Iím coming back and Iíll try and stay positive it is hard and it is frustrating but we all give up like some on here and we may as well say to the board save your brass letís give lower league a go with Roth,

Posted by: Scuffer (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2018 22:56

We were pretty clueless tonight again unfortunately. Mitchell strengthened the scrum and was good in the loose also but the lineout was appalling again. We canít generate any momentum and we seem totally bereft of ideas in attack. It is very depressing to watch. Their second try was a gift with 2 missed tackles and their try in the second half was as easy as you can get. Hats off to Pete Luciock though who gave everything and must have been shattered having been out injured for a while. Big changes required sharpish.

Posted by: Farmertyke1 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2018 22:59

The worry for me was that you could not knock the team through lack of effort , it is just that most of what they do is poor. We spent 10 minutes in the oppositions 22 and had 3 penalties given and still came away with no points having fuffed the last penalty line out.
Andy Forsyth is not a 10 and his kicking was woeful at times.
As Opus has said Mitchell had a good return but was kippered by the end having played till full time.
The line out was desperate .
But I donít think things can get any worse, can they ?

Posted by: Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2018 23:01

Quote:
opuscoitus
Quote:
Haxbytyke

It was a poor game simple we have no Devine right to win any game and we have had results when itís been a poor game but we had a full strength squad to pick from and when we lose our back row sub in the warm up and have to bring a hooker on in the back row with a centre at 10 and a winger at 13 a full back at 11 2 props who have had less than 7 days with the squad and no real training as no numbers to train against

coupled with the pressure of being the bottom club which does have an effect especially if they read some shite some stay away posters put on here then no of course people arenít happy but it is what it is till the reinforcements come until then those who want the fight will have to dig in that includes supporters

Opus, we are short of players, not because of injuries, all teams have those, but because nobody will invest to strengthen the squad, and the budget is shot. The forum is for fans to express their opinions, and I have posted mine. You think it is shite, I think it is honest and realistic.

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

Posted by: JDH (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2018 23:05

With Forsyth at 10 is didn't limit our game tonight there wasn't any game. Simple as that.

They say these kind of times make you stronger. Well if we come out of this we will be the F**king incredible hulk!

Date: 19 October, 2018 23:19

Beck, Smith, Cope, Mayhew, Lloyd, Mcquillan, a couple returned tonight, and others I forgot off the top of my head, that is an injury list of epic proportions with a squad as small as ours and these are experienced campaigners

Mitchell has arrived 2 kiwis are coming the lad Currie (admittedly not the best of starts tonight) the promise of more signings coming, we were told at the meeting at the Bedford game funds had been released, without those numbers on the training ground the team cannot possibly train properly,

I didn't say your opinion was shite if you read the post correctly and everyone is entitled to an opinion, however I will add the people who turn up and watch the game and pay their moneys opinions carry more water than people who don't go because of a name change or because we are not a Prem side or because it's not the same anymore, basically sulkers... people might have gone to headingley through different guises of the club but you stop paying and stop going doesn't matter if you went for a hundred years if you live just up the road and can't be arsed going anymore in my opinion there is a shite opinion

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net