Scottish game
Posted by: JDH (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2018 21:20

I went to this game expecting a reaction from last week. I have been following carnegie for 17 years. I have come away disappointed many times but tonight was woeful!
When it really mattered the set piece fall apart.
Offensively we offer NOTHING AT ALL. Scottish look like the Fijian 7s compared to us. Shocking. Truck it up rubbish. What do they work on in training! It ain't Forsyth fault but he offered nothing at 10 tonight. Why not Davey with 20 left?
Defensively weak.
Breakdown we lost.
Lots of bluster from the guys but that don't win rugby games.
I will take more than a few kiwis to turn that team around. We were dominated by Scottish tonight, SCOTTISH! Hearing there subs whooping in the last 5 was embarrassing.
Forgot about next year and doing clips of mayhew saying we are not worried. After tonight I WOULD BE BECAUSE WE OFFERED NOTHING AT ALL. We looked like newly promoted team out of there depth.

Carnegie writing new lows.

Only plus. Welcome back Mitchell and Pete.

Re: Scottish game
Posted by: Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2018 21:25

It must be obvious to the most one-eyed fan, the club has serious issues. Even now relegation looks distinctly possible. How low can Carnegie go?

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

Date: 19 October, 2018 21:39

Stirling looked @#$%& off in the post match and I am not surprised.

Apologies if I am being to negative but to watch your team play like this is really hard to take.

Posted by: Grybz (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2018 22:23

Stirling looked @#$%& off at the start of the second half!

We were clueless in attack, some of the passing was an embarrassment, we kicked away possession, line out was hit and miss (spending two minutes discussing it then throwing it over everyone just makes it worse imho), I can count the number of times someone took the ball whilst moving forward on one hand and we never looked like scoring. The only time we did was after they made a mistake and I missed most of it due to a bunch of students wandering up the steps in a line and blocking my view!

When one of the exiles fans shouted “come on Scottish, this lot are rubbish” my wife muttered “difficult to argue with that”, sadly she was right. We got what we deserved out of this game, sod all.

I would have thought the threat of being replaced would have spurred some of the team on to up their game, but quite frankly I can’t think of anyone who stood out. How bbc leeds managed to pick a man of the match is beyond me.

I’m glad that the team aren’t worried, because I @#$%& well am!

Sorry about the rant, but I’m @#$%& off and sober!

Posted by: Feeding (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2018 07:37

People have been quuite supportive of Sterling but surely it is now time to start asking serious questions of him?

Date: 20 October, 2018 08:06

I think you have to give him time to get players playing in there positions. But this season has been a complete disaster so far so things are not ok. I expect they thought they would get something from last night too.

Posted by: opuscoitus (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2018 08:09

Quote:
Feeding
People have been quuite supportive of Sterling but surely it is now time to start asking serious questions of him?

He’s been clapping with one hand so far,

He has been honest fronted up and said it’s not a short term fix, for once it has been refreshing that supporters logging on the website see news/updates etc admittedly concerning the position we are in but honesty and a plan to go forward,

Once he has the players he wants in place personally I think we will see why CS was brought in

Posted by: Gelbel (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2018 08:25

I didn't even watch half the match - it just did not hold my attention. The blooming students who got in cheap and given a free drink were more entertaining but 99% of them never watched.

JB has messaged me to please pass on his thanks for the support. He is so keeen to build a relationship with the fans. Don't go saying, "Well play better then" - the guy's simply reaching out.

Posted by: Farmertyke1 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2018 08:35

Sterling cannot be blamed Feeding at this stage he has only just arrived and the players he inherited are mostly injured and they were not his picks anyway, judge him at the end of next season.

Posted by: Nosnibor (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2018 08:51

I noticed that for much of the game only about a third of people were actually watching what was going on on the pitch. It wasn't just the students either.

Well done JB for getting in touch. That's good to hear.

Date: 20 October, 2018 09:26

Good to hear Josh? Was in touch with you.

Posted by: Gelbel (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2018 09:27

JB Bruzulier

Date: 20 October, 2018 09:35

Thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net