Current Page: 1 of 3
Two men in white coats.....
Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2018 17:35

…………… might be applicable for anyone who decided to follow the team away this Saturday at Coventry.

I admit I will be looking out for any ambulances entering our street, but have decided to go.

Anyone else brave enough?

(Sm105)

Re: Two men in white coats.....
Posted by: FrostM (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2018 18:45

Considering it’s a local match to me and not a 350 mile round trip I should be cheering

Posted by: Gelbel (IP Logged)
Date: 23 October, 2018 11:40

Almo - if you want the men in white coats to test your decisions, fair enough but that's for you. What other people do or don't do does not warrant they any questioning of whether they are (mentally) fit or not to do so.

I am going - for the day out (fresh air after being tied to a desk all week) and company as well as the rugby (good or bad).

See you there FrostM.

Posted by: headingleytyke (IP Logged)
Date: 23 October, 2018 12:31

I will be there only 17 miles from the ground

Posted by: OldNick (IP Logged)
Date: 23 October, 2018 15:13

Looking forward to seeing you all here - the more the merrier.

Please try to get to the ground more than a few minutes before kickoff. There's often a queue at the gates (or the ticket hut) close to kickoff.

You can get a couple of quid off your tickets by booking in advance - ring the office on 02476 231001 - full details on the Coventry Rugby website.

We do have decent, good value food before the matches, inside in the main clubhouse under the grandstand.

Parking is chargeable - but it's only a short walk from the railway station for htose who come by train.

Post any questions here - I'll keep an eye out and try to answer them.

Date: 23 October, 2018 16:26

Thanks Nick.

First question: Are our old favourites Charlie Beech and Phil Nilson likely to play?

Q2: Is the seated Stand the only area of the ground under cover, i.e. if it is raining is it possible to stand and keep dry?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/10/2018 16:42 by almostatyke.

Date: 24 October, 2018 07:06

Quote:
almostatyke
Thanks Nick.
First question: Are our old favourites Charlie Beech and Phil Nilson likely to play?

Q2: Is the seated Stand the only area of the ground under cover, i.e. if it is raining is it possible to stand and keep dry?

Q1 Charlie and Phil - almost certainly yes.

Phil has started 6/8, coming on as a replacement for Scott Tolmie in the other two. (Scott is on the reverse figures - between them they have covered every match at 2). Phil also captained a couple of weeks back when both the regular choices were unavailable. Apart from playing, he's now training as a paramedic.

Charlie less certain, but probable. He's played in 8/8, but only been a starter in 3 of them. He's benefited as Phil Boulton has been suspended, but as we have just signed a new prop (Biyi Ayo) this week either he, Luc Jeannot, or most likely Jack Higgins may get displaced and rested this week.

Q2 The stand is the only place to shelter properly if it rains.This season we are charging extra for the stand. I shall be getting wet. There is a small standing shelter on the far side of the ground made up of shipping containers, which getrs pretty busy when its wet. The forecast for Saturday is at worst some light showers. If you do go for the stand and it's wet, go for the fifth row or further up, as the front few rows do get wet.

Date: 24 October, 2018 18:46

Quote:
OldNick

Q2 The stand is the only place to shelter properly if it rains.This season we are charging extra for the stand. I shall be getting wet.

Thanks for your answers Nick, BTW you would qualify for a Yorkshire supporter on this basis!

(Sm100)

Date: 25 October, 2018 07:18

Quote:
almostatyke
Quote:
OldNick

Q2 The stand is the only place to shelter properly if it rains.This season we are charging extra for the stand. I shall be getting wet.

Thanks for your answers Nick, BTW you would qualify for a Yorkshire supporter on this basis!

(Sm100)

Thanks (I think). No, I have a seat in the grandstand, but I'm one of the club's photographers. It has to be very wet to get me to retire to the stand.

Date: 25 October, 2018 07:24

OK Guys and Gals, are we going to stand or sit?

Posted by: yeldor (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2018 08:47

Stand .Standing if you get my drift..

sent off carried off never backed off

Date: 25 October, 2018 09:09

Forecast is for under a 10% chance of light rain.

Date: 26 October, 2018 11:13

Coventry Rugby:

15 Tony Fenner
14 Junior Bulumakau - promoted from bench
13 Andy Bulumakau - returns from concussion
12 Heath Stevens (c) - Moves inside
11 Max Trimble
10 Will Maisey - replaces Jake Sharp
9 Tom Kessell - swaps with Pete White from bench

1 James Gibbons
2 Phil Nilsen
3 Luc Jeannot
4 Dan Faleafa - moves up from 6
5 George Oram
6 Adam Peters - returns from bench
7 Jack Ram - returns from knee injury
8 Ben Nutley - returns from 7

Replacements:
16 Scott Tolmie
17 Charlie Beech
18 Biyi Alo - club debut
19 Cameron Gray - replaces Tom Jubb
20 Latu Makaafi - replaces Ben Adams
21 Pete White - Swaps bench with Tom Kessell
Sam Tuitupou - Swaps bench with Junior Bulumakau

Posted by: Hornchurch (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2018 13:35

Thank you Nick for the information. To be honest we did not even think about booking so you have done us a favour.

Two standing tickets for Yeldor and I waiting at the booking office.

Looking forward to seeing you all but obviously Phil and hopefully Charlie play.

We always had a soft spot for Phil.

Date: 26 October, 2018 19:04

I will be standing, in support of Yeldor and Hornchurch and if anyone I do not know wants to chat (or even a free pint???), please do. Instead of a red carnation I will resort to that old Carnegie favourite: the hi-glo hat.

#girlsontour where will you be?

(Sm78)

Posted by: Gelbel (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2018 19:10

Only 50% of us - standing

Date: 26 October, 2018 19:48

Look forward to a good chat!

(Sm134)

Posted by: JDH (IP Logged)
Date: 27 October, 2018 18:01

Did we play and better? New guys good?

Posted by: Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
Date: 27 October, 2018 19:11

No and no! I only watched on tv but it was same old, same old. Our new fly half put his first penalty kick to the corner behind the corner flag. Lineout was poor, passes were dropped, and we were second best of two poor sides. Perhaps the lack of comments on the game on here says it all.

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

Posted by: JDH (IP Logged)
Date: 27 October, 2018 19:34

Twitter mentioned a lot of pens and mistakes.

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net