We have a fly half on the pitch
Posted by: Gelbel (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2018 11:43

From t'offy

Yorkshire Carnegie’s new signings Jade Te Rure and Antonio Kiri Kiri will make their Yorkshire Carnegie debuts this Saturday 27 October in the Greene King IPA Championshop against Coventry at Butts Park Arena, kick off 3pm.

The New Zealanders arrived in the UK on Wednesday and Chris Stirling has called up the duo for this weekend’s fixture as the side aim to end their losing league run. Te Rure will start at fly half, which has allowed Stirling to reshuffle his back line. Chris Elder will go back to full back and Louis Brown moves to the wing. JB Bruzulier comes into the starting line-up for Olly Fox who is named on the bench.

In the forwards Kiri Kiri will start at flanker, replacing Elliot Ward who suffered a fractured arm against Scottish and Matt Smith returns after missing the London Scottish game through injury. Marc Thomas starts at hooker, making his first appearance of the season after an Achilles injury ruled him out since the end of last season.

The team still have a number of players unavailable through injury: Brendan Cope (ACL), Ewan McQuillin (Ankle), Dylan Donnellan (Shoulder), James Thraves (Shoulder), Elliot Ward (Fractured Arm), Richard Beck (Shoulder), Rich Mayhew (Ankle), Sam Wolstenholme (Ankle) and Lachie Currie (Shoulder) Lachie Currie - hate that when you've nothing for tea!!! (Sm100)

Tomorrow’s game will be broadcast live on Sky Sports.

15. Chris Elder, 14. George Watkins, 13. Andy Forsyth, 12. Peter Lucock (c), 11. Louis Brown, 10. Jade Te Rure, 9. JB Bruzulier, 1. Marc Thomas, 2. Joe Buckle, 3. Craig Mitchell, 4. Mike Myerscough, 5 Matt Smith, 6. Antonio Kiri Kiri, 7. Josh Bainbridge, 8. Dan Temm.
Charlie Gibbings, 17. Andy Foster, 18. Jake Ilnicki, 19. Kieran Frost, 20. Adam Brown, 21. Olly Fox, 22. Tom Bullough

See you there.

Re: We have a fly half on the pitch
Posted by: JDH (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2018 15:15

I bet Chris was a lot happier writing that team sheet out. Much better balance. Great to see Thomas back too.

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2018 15:34

It will be great to see two of the new recruits in action, though we must make allowances for jet-lag and rushed preparation. Good luck to the team and to both of them in particular.

See you there.

(Sm146)

Posted by: Wildwillie (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2018 15:53

That is a strong team. We have missed Thomas. If the new lads have a half decent debut then we could get a result. I have changed my prediction to a narrow win!

Posted by: Gelbel (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2018 16:36

Me too WW

Posted by: Nosnibor (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2018 16:37

Wow! Straight off the plane and in to battle. I'm tempted to get a NowTV day pass so I can watch on SKY Action.

Good luck to the lads. It looks like our strongest team of the season so far.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net