The team's up for Nottingham cup match
Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 09 November, 2018 12:19

Looks a strong team, as Chris Stirling starts to build momentum and create a winning mentality:

[www.yorkshirecarnegie.com]

Yorkshire Carnegie Director of Rugby Chris Stirling has named a strong side for his sideís opening game in the Championship Cup when Yorkshire welcome Nottingham Rugby to Huddersfield YMCA on Saturday, kick off 1pm.
Two players who have joined the club on loan from Premiership side Wasps will get their first chance to feature for Yorkshire Carnegie. 20-year-old full back Jacob Umaga returns to his home county having been born in Halifax when his father Mike was playing at Rotherham. He will start on Saturday whilst 24-year-old hooker TJ Harris is on the bench.
The Coventry-born hooker spent time in New Zealand playing for North Otago prior to returning to the UK with Bedford Blues. He joined Nottingham in 2015, where he played 34 times over two seasons, before moving to Wasps in 2017. He will feature off the bench against his old club.
There are two more debutants in the squad with former Ireland U20 international Cian Romaine making his first appearance since joining the club from North Harbour in New Zealand.
Although born in Ealing, he moved to Ireland after joining the Ireland Exiles programme, signing for Connacht. The move saw him called up to the Ireland U20 side and he featured at the Junior World Championships in Italy in 2015. In total he gained six caps for Ireland U20 and also represented Ireland at Under 19 level. After two years in the Connacht Academy, where he played his club rugby with Buccaneers, he took up the opportunity move to New Zealand to continue his rugby development. He starts in the second row alongside Matt Smith.
Finally, former New Zealand U20 prop Tom Hill will make his debut off the bench. Still only 23, he earned a contract with Otago this season following an impressive debut season with Tasman in the Mitre 10 Cup. A 1st XV player at Nelson College, his home town, he gained New Zealand Under-20ís selection for the 2015 Oceania Rugby Junior Championship on Australia's Gold Coast.
Youngster Rian Hamilton will make his first appearance of the season having made his debut last season.
The squad in full is:
15. Jacob Umagu 14. Chris Elder 13. Tom Bullough 12. Peter Lucock 11. Louis Brown 10 Jade Te Rure 9. JB Bruzulier 1. Marc Thomas 2. Joe Buckle 3. Craig Mitchell 4. Cian Romaine 5. Matt Smith 6. Kieran Frost 7. Antonio Kiri Kiri 8. Dan Temm
Replacements: 16. Charlie Gibbings 17. Tom Hill 18. Andrew Foster 19. TJ Harris 20. Rian Hamilton 21. Olly Fox 22. Harry Davey

Re: The team's up for Nottingham cup match
Posted by: JDH (IP Logged)
Date: 09 November, 2018 19:22

I suppose its about building some decent partnerships now and getting some form from somewhere.

Not sure about frost at 6. Hope the new guys bed in quick.

Date: 09 November, 2018 20:21

Good luck to Kieran, I saw him play 30 minutes last week at Wharfedale and hope he has a good match. Certainly he brings a greater size to the 6 position than, dare I say it, Bambi.
I suppose that the cup is an opportunity to bring on youngsters as well as building partnerships etc. Just hope Chris has got the balance right.

Date: 09 November, 2018 22:01

Not sure if 6ft 7 is ideal for a 6. I reckon getting the blend right, who's on loan, who plays, what partnerships is a massive task. Turning up at donny with a confident tested team is key.

Posted by: Shush (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2018 09:39

Nottingham don't appear to be taking the Cup too seriously as they're fielding quite a few
students and loaners. I predict a win for YC today.

Posted by: Competitive Dad (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2018 20:17

Quote:
almostatyke
Good luck to Kieran, I saw him play 30 minutes last week at Wharfedale and hope he has a good match. Certainly he brings a greater size to the 6 position than, dare I say it, Bambi.
.... Who started for Bath V Falcons last night!!!

Posted by: headingleytyke (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2018 22:10

Why do we have players doing this, we do not have a large squad. Could C S come on and explain

Posted by: inside-knowledge (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2018 22:59

Easy reply guys

Prem cup v Champ cup

All part of the master plan

I would very much like to meet who ever would like to meet me to chat through the future, we are all in this together

Skyrack headinley at 12 noon

Please come back if youíre in, would love to meet you

Would love to chat through your passion and support

Chris

Date: 10 November, 2018 23:04

Thatís tomorrow 11th

Date: 10 November, 2018 23:09

I will be the boring guy with the Mac watching coded rugby

Posted by: Nosnibor (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2018 23:30

What an amazing turnaround in communication from what we've been used to in the past.

I can't make it, but I very much hope people see your post and can take up your offer.

Congratulations on the first W for a while! Onwards and upwards (Sm42)

Date: 10 November, 2018 23:41

Hats off to you Chris you cannot say fairer than that! Good win today.

Posted by: leemingtyke (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2018 03:19

Can't say fairer than that.

Unfortunately, as is probably obvious by the time on my posts recently, I'm working abroad and will be 'til after Christmas.

Hope plenty of the Headingley locals can take Chris up on this.

In Stirlo we trust.

Posted by: leemingtyke (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2018 03:22

Quote:
headingleytyke
Why do we have players doing this, we do not have a large squad. Could C S come on and explain

I'm guessing it's to keep the established players sharp while we try out newcomers and look at other options in the cup games.

Posted by: Dr Jabber2 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2018 12:03

Morning All, You really do have to hand it to CS he really does not only talk the talk he is also prepared to walk the walk.

Not many coaches in any sport would be prepared to meet the fans who are effectively the 'Customer" customers need to be delighted and not simply satisfied considering our current league position it needs to be applauded that the fella is prepared to meet his what I have described as customers.

Hope my post makes a modicum of sense.

Abcent from the ground in body, but not in spirit and mind.

Best Wishes to all

Dr Jabber

Date: 11 November, 2018 19:30

Great post DR J and one I wholeheartedly agree with.

I hope all the miserati met up with Chris this lunchtime?

(Sm100)

Unfortunately Chris has inherited a situation where we were not at "go" but at square -2 but he is putting heart and soul into turning it round. I believe in his vision, but understand that others have been sold too many pups by the club over the years, plus bear the scars of the Caddick betrayal or are dismayed by the name changes. There is a personal concern of mine: that J-Lo was a great man-motivator and got the best out of the players he had, but a lack of quality RU experience probably unfairly held us back in terms of recruitment.

If you are worried, contact Chris, I am sure he will meet you for a pint and explain.

#

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net