Cup Draw
Posted by: WPL (IP Logged)
Date: 19 December, 2018 13:23

Bedford at Home on the 1-3rd February

Other games include:-

Irish v Coventry
Ealing v Nottingham
Jersey v Cornish

Not sure if home means Headingley or on the road again, I guess we'll know when confirmed

Link if it works

Member of the Yorkshire Carnegie Supporters Board

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/12/2018 13:54 by WPL.

Re: Cup Draw
Posted by: Gelbel (IP Logged)
Date: 20 December, 2018 18:45

It's only been the home round robin matches on the road in the past. Can't see a change this time round - especially as the Coventry cup fixture was at home.

Posted by: Wildwillie (IP Logged)
Date: 21 December, 2018 09:35

Bedford at home should be interesting. Winnable!

Posted by: Bobba (IP Logged)
Date: 23 December, 2018 13:45

Can we play them at Otley? (Subject to the pitch being playable)

Posted by: Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
Date: 24 December, 2018 10:06

Doubt it, though Otley 1sts are away that day. Rhinos are playing their first four games away so there is no reason why we shouldn't play at Headingley. I would go for Friday evening; might get a few students in, the Bedford team and supporters would have to do battle with the M1 on a Friday afternoon and, who knows, their bus might break down again!

Bah Humbug.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Posted by: TryBlues (IP Logged)
Date: 24 December, 2018 16:28

Quote:
Albert Fishwick
Doubt it, though Otley 1sts are away that day. Rhinos are playing their first four games away so there is no reason why we shouldn't play at Headingley. I would go for Friday evening; might get a few students in, the Bedford team and supporters would have to do battle with the M1 on a Friday afternoon and, who knows, their bus might break down again!
Bah Humbug.

Thought Yorkshire could do with some money? Losing winking smiley with a lower crowd than could've been enjoyed doesn't seem a wise move.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/12/2018 16:28 by TryBlues.

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 24 December, 2018 18:27

Happy Christmas TryBlues, please take Albert's comments in the tongue-in-cheek manner that he meant.
Except for the bus breaking down, of course!

And most cup matches do not cover the cost of opening up Headingley, sadly, hence thoughts that it could be "on the road" in some other part of Yorkshire (and believe me, Yorkshire is a big county).

(Sm100)

Posted by: Bobba (IP Logged)
Date: 25 December, 2018 10:31

Otley in February is not such a bad idea. Money could be made by selling TV rights for "Rugby on Ice".(Sm132)

Posted by: Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 09:53

The club are obviously more sporting than me, game to be played on the Sunday afternoon. It's not included in the season ticket so if you want to avoid paying walk-up prices on the day you need to book ahead.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 21:17

Quote:
Albert Fishwick
The club are obviously more sporting than me

Come on Albert, provided the bar is open, what is there to worry about?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net